What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Build your perfect QB (1 Viewer)

Football IQ: Tony Romo
Accuracy: Troy Aikman
Mobility: Quincy Carter
Arm Strength: Dak Prescott
Toughness: Roger Staubach
Competitiveness: Craig Morton
Kicking Leg: Danny White
Clapping Hands: Jason Garrett

I mean, you did say build MY perfect QB.
Very nice. I think you need to find a category for Don Meredith. I know the Cowboys weren't very successful under his regime, but he was the original!
Singer? Turn out the lights.....the party's over.........

Dandy Don

On accuracy, 13 of the top 20 all-time completion percentage quarterbacks are active right now. Dak Prescott, whom I love is fourth all time. That tells you everything you need to know about that statistic in the modern NFL.
Saw two votes for Aikman for accuracy. Both cowboys fans?

He’s a career 61% passer.

Montana was 63%. Young 64%.

We watched him play. It’s not that uncommon for former players and coaches to mention him.

Completion percentage isn’t the end all be all. Are you saying that Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy Garoppolo are more accurate than most quarterbacks who have played in this league?
Definitely don’t think I said anything close to that. I said two guys from his era were clearly more accurate.

You chose Aikman as your most accurate QB. I just think that’s a clearly biased take, which is fine.

I also saw you post that Emmitt was a better RB than Barry, so you have a track record. :lol:

Wait, so that’s not what you said but then you go on to say two guys “were clearly more accurate”, citing their completion percentage as evidence? Do you understand how that is contradictory?

I never said Emmitt was better than Barry. I said that Emmitt was a more compete back than Barry. Choosing between Emmitt/Barry/Walter/Campbell/etc is splitting hairs.
Steve Young had a higher completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, and a better INT% than Troy Aikman. Joe Montana had a higher completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, and a better INT% than Troy Aikman. I very quickly found two quarterbacks who were much more accurate than him that played during his era. I'm sure there are more. It's one of the few things in this exercise we could look at somewhat objectively. You're entitled to your opinion that if you were building the perfect QB Troy Aikman's accuracy is what you'd want. You're just wrong.

Cherry picking Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy Garoppolo is irrelevant and had nothing to do with the point I was making.

What you stat nerds always seem to forget is it isn’t like they’re playing the exact same teams under the exact same conditions under the exact same offensive scheme along side the exact same players.

Steve Young played in the west coast offense consisting of short passes and dump offs to the best receiver to have ever played the game in mostly sunny conditions.

Aikman played on the east coast in a run first offense.

NONE of what either of us are talking about defines how accurate a quarterback is.

I didn’t cherry pick anything, most of the guys in the top 20 completion percentage, I wouldn’t consider to be more accurate than Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, or Bart Starr.

IMHO Troy Aikman put the ball exactly where it needed to be with pin point precision.

You disagree and that’s ok. I would never say anything suggesting that “your opinion is wrong”.

It’s a thread asking peoples opinions, wtf would you say that? Weird take.
:lmao: come on this has to be fishing now. You can point at the weather for the last few weeks of the season but comparing receivers is silly when Aikman had just as great of a wr corp.

Very nice. I think you need to find a category for Don Meredith. I know the Cowboys weren't very successful under his regime, but he was the original!
I completely forgot I was going to put him as Toughness and Roger as Mobility.

Switch out Quincy to Cunningham......after all he did play for them at one point.....
Yeah, but was thinking of their play while in Dallas. Bledsoe might have a say in arm strength, but not by the time he was in Dallas. Nothing but wounded ducks by then.

On accuracy, 13 of the top 20 all-time completion percentage quarterbacks are active right now. Dak Prescott, whom I love is fourth all time. That tells you everything you need to know about that statistic in the modern NFL.
Saw two votes for Aikman for accuracy. Both cowboys fans?

He’s a career 61% passer.

Montana was 63%. Young 64%.

We watched him play. It’s not that uncommon for former players and coaches to mention him.

Completion percentage isn’t the end all be all. Are you saying that Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy Garoppolo are more accurate than most quarterbacks who have played in this league?
Definitely don’t think I said anything close to that. I said two guys from his era were clearly more accurate.

You chose Aikman as your most accurate QB. I just think that’s a clearly biased take, which is fine.

I also saw you post that Emmitt was a better RB than Barry, so you have a track record. :lol:

Wait, so that’s not what you said but then you go on to say two guys “were clearly more accurate”, citing their completion percentage as evidence? Do you understand how that is contradictory?

I never said Emmitt was better than Barry. I said that Emmitt was a more compete back than Barry. Choosing between Emmitt/Barry/Walter/Campbell/etc is splitting hairs.
Steve Young had a higher completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, and a better INT% than Troy Aikman. Joe Montana had a higher completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, and a better INT% than Troy Aikman. I very quickly found two quarterbacks who were much more accurate than him that played during his era. I'm sure there are more. It's one of the few things in this exercise we could look at somewhat objectively. You're entitled to your opinion that if you were building the perfect QB Troy Aikman's accuracy is what you'd want. You're just wrong.

Cherry picking Teddy Bridgewater and Jimmy Garoppolo is irrelevant and had nothing to do with the point I was making.

What you stat nerds always seem to forget is it isn’t like they’re playing the exact same teams under the exact same conditions under the exact same offensive scheme along side the exact same players.

Steve Young played in the west coast offense consisting of short passes and dump offs to the best receiver to have ever played the game in mostly sunny conditions.

Aikman played on the east coast in a run first offense.

NONE of what either of us are talking about defines how accurate a quarterback is.

I didn’t cherry pick anything, most of the guys in the top 20 completion percentage, I wouldn’t consider to be more accurate than Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, or Bart Starr.

IMHO Troy Aikman put the ball exactly where it needed to be with pin point precision.

You disagree and that’s ok. I would never say anything suggesting that “your opinion is wrong”.

It’s a thread asking peoples opinions, wtf would you say that? Weird take.
:lmao: come on this has to be fishing now. You can point at the weather for the last few weeks of the season but comparing receivers is silly when Aikman had just as great of a wr corp.

You got me. I’m fishing because out of all the players mentioned you guys have a problem with the one I chose for accuracy. I didn’t say he was the best, I just said that he threw a very accurate football.

Two players that were compared to him have a whopping 2-3% difference in their completion percentage were “clearly more accurate”. Never mind both players mentioned played in the WCO which is all about short high percentage passes.

Damn shame Warren Moon didn't get a chance to play in the NFL until later in his career. I think he would rush to the front of more minds when people think of great NFL QBs if he started sooner.
FWIW I thought about him in terms of accuracy. Also strongly considered Kurt Warner (accuracy, toughness), Mike Vick (mobility), and Marino (arm strength) in my attributes.

I have no problem with Favre earning accolades for his toughness - I think if we knew the truth about pain pills we would be aghast at how blatant overuse of them were back when he played by many of the players, not just him. And I also think he's a dirtball of the highest order. But dude was tougher than snot.

Let's also not forget that Philip Rivers never missed a game. Played with a torn ACL in the playoffs. 240 straight starts. No drug use that we know of. That man was also incredibly durable and tough.

I have no problem with Favre earning accolades for his toughness - I think if we knew the truth about pain pills we would be aghast at how blatant overuse of them were back when he played by many of the players, not just him. And I also think he's a dirtball of the highest order. But dude was tougher than snot.

Let's also not forget that Philip Rivers never missed a game. Played with a torn ACL in the playoffs. 240 straight starts. No drug use that we know of. That man was also incredibly durable and tough.
Agreed. Other honorable mentions:

Brees - accuracy
Tarkenton - mobility
Namath - competitiveness
Flutie - competitiveness/IQ
Montana - competitiveness
Jeff George - arm strength
Cunningham - mobility/arm strength

I am surprised nobody has used Vick as strongest arm. He could just flick that ball 70 yards with barely trying.

Football IQ: Brett Rypien
Accuracy: Drew Brees
Mobility: Michael Vick
Arm Strength: Josh Allen
Toughness: Brett Favre
Competitiveness: Tom Brady
Girth: Nick Foles

IQ: Ryan Leaf
Accuracy: Akili Smith
Mobility: Peyton Manning
Arm Strength: Chad Pennington
Toughness: Matt Leinart
Competitiveness: JaMarcus Russell

I want this to be the QB for all the teams in the NFC West not named the 49ers for the next 10 years.

Football IQ: Brett Rypien
Accuracy: Drew Brees
Mobility: Michael Vick
Arm Strength: Josh Allen
Toughness: Brett Favre
Competitiveness: Tom Brady
Girth: Nick Foles Jared Lorenzen
(yes I know this may be a different girth)

Users who are viewing this thread