What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bush against the Bears D (1 Viewer)

banjomatic

Footballguy
I see some posts opining that P. Thomas will run into tough times tonight...what about Reggie? Is it crazy to think that, due to the cold weather (possible winds), we may see more short passes to Bush tonight?

I ask b/c my other player (Marshawn) has been sent to the bench due to lack of point production and pending NYJ D ready to stop him...again.

I wouldn't sit Bush. He gets good pass catching stats when the Saints are facing an agressive D. If you aren't in a PPR i'd think more strongly about sitting him, but i probably still wouldn't.

I wouldn't sit Bush. He gets good pass catching stats when the Saints are facing an agressive D. If you aren't in a PPR i'd think more strongly about sitting him, but i probably still wouldn't.
It is a non-PPR, but I'm thinking the same thing. I can see him breaking out on a few screens due to an over-aggressive Bears D.

I think I've heard this question before somewhere.........but for the life of me I can't remember where

have to choose between bush thursday night vs. MB3/Choice sunday :wall:

i suppose i could always bench antonio bryant or anquan boldin or deangelo williams if MB3 or choice are a go :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since everyone is doing it...need 3 of C Johnson, Turner, Bush, Forte. Forte and Johnson are in. Right now i have Bush in over turner. PPR league. Someone talk me out of it.

Bush is a great play tonight in all formats, Specially my league with PPR and 1 PT PER 20 yards in Punts as well..

I think he's good for 50 rushing, 7 for 80 rec, 1td and possible one of those nights with a PR TD

A win again ov said:
Bush is a great play tonight in all formats, Specially my league with PPR and 1 PT PER 20 yards in Punts as well..I think he's good for 50 rushing, 7 for 80 rec, 1td and possible one of those nights with a PR TD
Once I saw this posted, I knew he was not going to do ####.

Ohh......poor Reggie is cold. This is why he drives me nuts. All of the talent, but the second he tweaks anything or doesn't have perfect conditions, he shys away.

I will NEVER EVER have Reggie Bush on any of my teams again. The guy is simply useless...in both fantasy and reality.

F!!!

I will NEVER EVER have Reggie Bush on any of my teams again. The guy is simply useless...in both fantasy and reality. F!!!
i know its just 1 game, but having it happen in week 15 REALLY hurts. My faith in him has fallen immensely.

I will NEVER EVER have Reggie Bush on any of my teams again. The guy is simply useless...in both fantasy and reality. F!!!
i know its just 1 game, but having it happen in week 15 REALLY hurts. My faith in him has fallen immensely.
Blame peyton . bush looked like he was antsy to get back in there and somehow he pissed off peyton .

Last edited by a moderator:
Blame peyton . bush looked like he was antsy to get back in there and somehow he pissed off peyton .
He ticked off Peyton by refusing to turn upfield and run (as usual) and on that slow, sloppy field trying to turn the corner is not going to happen.

I benched Bush tonight. He's an indoor guy mostly and in the cold....well, that made it easy. Add in the success of the last few weeks PT has had and that made it even easier. Saints are/were fighting to stay in the play-off race and I was convinced that Payton would stay with his hot hand. Bush is no more than a glorified change of pace back now. He'll bust one every now and then but is way too inconsistent.

Nope me either.
Please!!! In the league I own him in, this is the 10th week he's played. In only 4 of those weeks has he scored under 20 points. Yeah, he sux!
Dont none of that mean nuttin when he laid a goose egg in the playoffs. Ugh, when I saw Thomas catch that pass for the TD, I sharted a little bit. That is reggie's play! Just the same as last week when I saw sproles run 2 screens in for tds. I can recall the days in the past when LT was running those in with the same zeal sproles showed, but I digress. This practical goose egg Reggie has laid is going to really hamper my chances to get into the championship. Gotta hope Deangelo and CJ3 go nuts again. More than feasible, but would have been nice going into sunday with a few more than 1 point out of reggie!

Nope me either.
Please!!! In the league I own him in, this is the 10th week he's played. In only 4 of those weeks has he scored under 20 points. Yeah, he sux!
Everyone doesn't play the same scoring as you sprout. The league I have him in he has scored over 20 points once this year and it was the game where he had two punt return Td's.

I've heard on the foxsports this morning that he sprained his knee. What I saw is he was ready to go and wasn't put in the game. I thought he looked damn good early in the game and then they went away from him. Even though Pierre was running great they still should have mixed it up a bit.

I've heard on the foxsports this morning that he sprained his knee. What I saw is he was ready to go and wasn't put in the game. I thought he looked damn good early in the game and then they went away from him. Even though Pierre was running great they still should have mixed it up a bit.
he did sprain his knee on a play when he was trying to run out of bounds. then he carried 1 more time and did his little 2 step dance that he does for 0 yards and peyton cussed him out on the sidelines and that was it for reggie.pierre is clearly a better runner than reggie running and is just as effective a receiver.

Did anyone catch Mark Schlereth's comments about Reggie Bush in the post game show on ESPN? He was basically asked... "Where was Reggie Bush tonight?" His response... "Reggie Bush is not a good football player".

Bush has his faults no doubt. But to say he's NOT a good football player? Sure, anybody can win the Heisman Trophy. It's easy. Anybody can return 2 punts for touchdowns in a single NFL game. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Did anyone catch Mark Schlereth's comments about Reggie Bush in the post game show on ESPN? He was basically asked... "Where was Reggie Bush tonight?" His response... "Reggie Bush is not a good football player".Bush has his faults no doubt. But to say he's NOT a good football player? Sure, anybody can win the Heisman Trophy. It's easy. Anybody can return 2 punts for touchdowns in a single NFL game. What a ridiculous thing to say.
I agree with you, but the fact that he said it leads me to believe I won't be relying on Reggie Bush for next week, sucks.

he did sprain his knee on a play when he was trying to run out of bounds. then he carried 1 more time and did his little 2 step dance that he does for 0 yards and peyton cussed him out on the sidelines and that was it for reggie.pierre is clearly a better runner than reggie running and is just as effective a receiver.
Bush was averaging 5 yards a carry. He looked fine to me. The play on the sideline was kinda chickensht but his most effective carries came between the guards last night.

Bush is frustrating to watch, imo. he dances around for half an hour to get 3 yds. i appreciate his abilities, but he never really makes one cut and heads downhill. he would find more seams and have a better ypc if he did this.

BusterTBronco said:
I guess we can look forward to "Pierre" becoming the number one RB in PPR leagues, then.
he's # 3 now in my league for the last 6 weeks. if they were to use reggie as what he is, a slot receiver and punt returner, then yes thomas would be gold, but since they will continue to try to use reggie as a rb, still think thomas will be good in that offense.

Users who are viewing this thread