What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low, sell high, buy high, sell low (1 Viewer)

Anyone else think it's a prudent move to sell high on RGIII? His stats are dazzling, but the risk of further injury is undeniable. In a redraft league, of course it would depend on who else you've got at QB and what the potential price would be. I've got Matty Ice and Ive been offered AJ Green, but it's still so hard to pull the trigger...
Do it now.

Anyone else think it's a prudent move to sell high on RGIII? His stats are dazzling, but the risk of further injury is undeniable. In a redraft league, of course it would depend on who else you've got at QB and what the potential price would be. I've got Matty Ice and Ive been offered AJ Green, but it's still so hard to pull the trigger...
Do it now.
I would absolutely take that trade.

Buy low on ray rice... hasn't been overly productive recently but still a top 5 rb that u may be able to get for a rb2 + wr2 if u have depth.

Do it now.
I would absolutely take that trade.
Done deal.

Maybe more appropriate here than in the MJD thread, but anyone buying low there?

Obviously a risk given there's no established timetable, but that uncertainty also offers a buying window for gamblers. I'm moreso referring to dynasty leagues, but curious as to if I'm the only one looking to buy MJD.

Maybe more appropriate here than in the MJD thread, but anyone buying low there?Obviously a risk given there's no established timetable, but that uncertainty also offers a buying window for gamblers. I'm moreso referring to dynasty leagues, but curious as to if I'm the only one looking to buy MJD.
I attempted to get MJD but was shot down.

Maybe more appropriate here than in the MJD thread, but anyone buying low there?Obviously a risk given there's no established timetable, but that uncertainty also offers a buying window for gamblers. I'm moreso referring to dynasty leagues, but curious as to if I'm the only one looking to buy MJD.
I attempted to get MJD but was shot down.
Was offered MJD and BGE for Charles and Dwyer.... tempted but decline.

Last week in a 12 team PPR, I had the 2nd lowest PPG and am 3-4. I decided to call off the dogs and play for next season.

I traded: Romo, Spiller, Bowe, Manningham, Meachem, Balt D

I got: Stafford, MJD, D. Murray, Alex Green, P. Garcon, Pettigrew

Anybody got some recommendations on a #2 RB (non-ppr)???
Optimistically:Ridley. On a bye, plus some reason to worry about his usage. Gore. Ditto. More realistically:Charles. Last week should have put the fear of god in his owners.CJ?K. This is the perfect time to sell him schedule-wise, so you can probably get good value.SJax. Value just dropped with the news he won't be traded. But they still might run him into the ground.

Optimistically:Ridley. On a bye, plus some reason to worry about his usage. Gore. Ditto. More realistically:Charles. Last week should have put the fear of god in his owners.CJ?K. This is the perfect time to sell him schedule-wise, so you can probably get good value.SJax. Value just dropped with the news he won't be traded. But they still might run him into the ground.
Looking more to buy, than to sell.

Looking more to buy, than to sell.
Oh, I was suggesting buying all of those guys. I just listed the reasons you might be able to get them at value.

to give a little more context I am an MJD owner who got ransomed for Jennings and Bowe for Cruz. I felt like I got screwed at the time but seeing Cruz's numbers on sunday made me feel better. Saying I sold high really is playing revisionist history. I got put in a bad situation and had to trade my best player.

digging deeper, Cruz took alot of the targets when Nicks was out... now that the WR are at full strength (plus a slight emergence of Randle) all works to downgrade. Also let's not forget the second this guy signs a huge contract he will let down (almost every NFL player has a let down after they sign that big second deal. Whether it's for an hour or a year is the key information).

Last edited by a moderator:
digging deeper, Cruz took alot of the targets when Nicks was out... now that the WR are at full strength (plus a slight emergence of Randle) all works to downgrade. Also let's not forget the second this guy signs a huge contract he will let down (almost every NFL player has a let down after they sign that big second deal. Whether it's for an hour or a year is the key information).
You actually sold low, and Sunday's numbers do nothing to change that.Nicks coming back does more good than harm to Cruz's production. Nicks is the X, and Cruz alternates between the Z/flanker spots. The Giants audible heavy offense will simply take what the defense gives them. The difference bewteen Nicks and Cruz, is that when Cruz is in the slot, the Giants can better dictate a mismatch for him, while Nicks will almost always, at least initially, face man coverage. Sure, single coverage on Nicks is a mismatch, but nothing like Cruz on a linebacker, then passed off to a safety in the middle of a route. And when Cruz is in the slot, next to Nicks, it makes it very hard to give Nicks' man help over the top, unless there is a nickel back you trust to contain Cruz (which the Cowboys do very well). Sorry - little rant there. Bottom line: Nicks and Cruz are not threatened by the other. They play different positions in the Giants offense, and both will be fed.

to give a little more context I am an MJD owner who got ransomed for Jennings and Bowe for Cruz. I felt like I got screwed at the time but seeing Cruz's numbers on sunday made me feel better. Saying I sold high really is playing revisionist history. I got put in a bad situation and had to trade my best player. digging deeper, Cruz took alot of the targets when Nicks was out... now that the WR are at full strength (plus a slight emergence of Randle) all works to downgrade. Also let's not forget the second this guy signs a huge contract he will let down (almost every NFL player has a let down after they sign that big second deal. Whether it's for an hour or a year is the key information).
Not saying I like or dislike your trade, but your reasoning behind making the deal and justification for why you feel good about trading Cruz now is more than just a little bit flawed IMO.

Not saying I like or dislike your trade, but your reasoning behind making the deal and justification for why you feel good about trading Cruz now is more than just a little bit flawed IMO.
bowe had 9.5 points cruz had 4.3 that's why I feel good. :)The trade was really all about Jennings. but i do think the 2nd contract thing is real. Once these guys get that 2nd deal their production slips. And I do think it's possible that this undrafted, unheralded player has been playing above his head for a little bit. Stranger things have happened.

I just sold AJ Green, Fred Jax and Gresham for Foster, S. Smith and Hernandez :thumbup:
Good deal! Do you believe AJ Green is a Sell High now? He has gotten the targets to be effective...But the trend lately is to keep a Safety over the top to prevent any big plays. It has been effective vs Megatron, L Fitz & J Nelson in recent weeks. I sold AJ Green, Cam Newton, LeShoure for A Peterson, L Fitz & Heath MillerTE's get +1.0 ppr RB & WR +0.5 ppr

Debating on buying Calvin Johnson. I realize he's not getting the TD's and Stafford seems to be having mechanical issues with his throwing but Im either boom or bust @ WR (Wallace, Dre Johnson, Decker, Stevie Johnson).

Andre Johnson has a nice playoff schedule: 14@NE, 15:Indy, 16:Minny

But I just am not optomistic the TDs are going to be there when I need them.

Megatron faces @GB, @Zona, ATL.

Any other Upper Tier WR with nice playoff schedules that are buy lows right now?

Debating on buying Calvin Johnson. I realize he's not getting the TD's and Stafford seems to be having mechanical issues with his throwing but Im either boom or bust @ WR (Wallace, Dre Johnson, Decker, Stevie Johnson).Andre Johnson has a nice playoff schedule: 14@NE, 15:Indy, 16:MinnyBut I just am not optomistic the TDs are going to be there when I need them.Megatron faces @GB, @Zona, ATL.Any other Upper Tier WR with nice playoff schedules that are buy lows right now?
I am in the same boat, just not sure what it would take to get Calvin.

I'm trying to trade Calvin. I put in an offer for Demaryius Thomas straight up for him. Also have an offer for Percy. Probably going to get declined both.

You've got Matty Ice and RG3 and been offered AJ Green for RG3?I'd do it..Only in re-draft, obviously.
Why would anyone in dynasty turn down AJ Green for RG3? The hype is so crazy for this guy it's unreal. Yes, he looks good but teams will adjust. All I see him do is throw screens and deep. If you don't think he has a long way to go as a passer you are naive.

Last week in a 12 team PPR, I had the 2nd lowest PPG and am 3-4. I decided to call off the dogs and play for next season.I traded: Romo, Spiller, Bowe, Manningham, Meachem, Balt DI got: Stafford, MJD, D. Murray, Alex Green, P. Garcon, Pettigrew
A rebuilding team giving up Spiller? No thanks.
Here was my whole team pre-tradeQB-Romo, PonderRB-Spiller, Beanie, Hills, W. Powell, B. PowellWR-Marshall, Bowe, Britt, S. Rice, Jeffery, Hankerson, Meachem, Manningham, StreaterTE-Gresham, J. CookI needed Rb depth badly and am hedging my bets that MJD/D.Murray>Spiller next season/beyond

I just sold AJ Green, Fred Jax and Gresham for Foster, S. Smith and Hernandez :thumbup:
Good deal! Do you believe AJ Green is a Sell High now? He has gotten the targets to be effective...But the trend lately is to keep a Safety over the top to prevent any big plays. It has been effective vs Megatron, L Fitz & J Nelson in recent weeks. I sold AJ Green, Cam Newton, LeShoure for A Peterson, L Fitz & Heath MillerTE's get +1.0 ppr RB & WR +0.5 ppr
Thanks. I also checked out the schedule of Green and S. Smith to see how they stack up and Green's schedule is awfully difficult come fantasy playoff time.

I traded AP for Megatron in a ppr redraft. Only because I have Trich spiller and lynch as my other backs. Not sure if that's what it would take to get Calvin just letting you know how I acquired him.

Can trade Roddy for Calvin.

Or can trade Roddy for Charles & Stevie Johnson.

I have McCoy, Lynch, BJGE. I'm thinking of taking the latter, and still trying to swing for Calvin with Lynch & a WR.

I'm shopping, but running out of time on this Charles deal. I think I could also get Nicks & Charles, which I like more (assuming Nicks' health, which is dangerous. Plus he has a bye remaining.)

Can trade Roddy for Calvin.Or can trade Roddy for Charles & Stevie Johnson.I have McCoy, Lynch, BJGE. I'm thinking of taking the latter, and still trying to swing for Calvin with Lynch & a WR.I'm shopping, but running out of time on this Charles deal. I think I could also get Nicks & Charles, which I like more (assuming Nicks' health, which is dangerous. Plus he has a bye remaining.)
Nicks and Roddy will perform about the same for the remainder of the season. After this week's game vs. PIT, which isn't as daunting as the stats suggest, the schedule opens up. I'd absolutely trade Roddy for Nicks + Charles.

Nicks and Roddy will perform about the same for the remainder of the season. After this week's game vs. PIT, which isn't as daunting as the stats suggest, the schedule opens up. I'd absolutely trade Roddy for Nicks + Charles.
I agree. I wouldn't think twice. People are overreacting to two games, here. Just look at what Nick's replacements did while he was out. Barden, Hixon, Randle all had big weeks. Nicks is a step up from them, even at 90%. And Charles as a "throw in"? Yes. Please.

I know this isn't the AC, and I didn't mean to devolve it into that, but thanks for the words of encouragement and the thoughts. Just pulled the trigger on Roddy/Ingram (who cares) for Nicks/Charles. Now I have a few hours to decide if I go Charles @ SD or Lynch v MIN.

Users who are viewing this thread