What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low targets? (1 Viewer)

2. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, not gonna lie, he's been a disappointment so far, but this offense is too good, and his share of the workload is too large, for a rebound not to happen. If his owners are starting to think about sitting him, he's probably gettable for cheaper than he should be.
While Edwards seems like a top candidate for a buy low, are we sure he's good?

I'm also seeing CEH as an accessory in this offence rather than an essential ingredient. He may have better statistical games but I don't see him as a "We need to get CEH more involved" type guy.

My team crapped the bed so hard I have no one to sell, or people are probably thinking of trying to buy low off of me lol

He's an ok RB in a great offense. I guess(like all buy low/sell highs) its a matter of how low. I'd still argue he'll be a top-20 RB, and that he's still got top-15 upside. 

I certainly agree he's not a special talent(still have no idea how/why he went ahead of Swift) but if he were a special talent, in that offense, he'd be basically untouchable. He's seeing a pretty big majority of the touches and that is unlikely to change going forward. He's been unlucky to not get any TDs. There is certainly a path to RB2 numbers, without really playing all that well, as an ancillary piece of a potential 60+ TD offense.

Probably not but he can be wildly inconsistent and disappear for long stretches.

Andy Reid has a very mediocre history creating bellcow backs and CEH is no Brian Westbrook.
the only good thing for CEH is they don't have a lot of talent behind him...if they did, he'd likely be in trouble for his job.

Johnny Utah #9 said:
I consider him a sell low. Get what you can for him while his draft capital is still fresh in people’s minds and you can possibly sell the fact that it’s only a 2 game sample size (for this season at least). He’s a hard pass for me.

I just moved CEH for a mid-to-late 2022 1st. It might come back to burn me, but I just don't know when or why they would change how they run the offense. The biggest selling point on him was "situation," but his situation right now is "not catching passes or getting red zone touches." 

Javonte Williams possibly.  Gordon got the long TD so the results favor him, but the usage was 50/50.

Javonte Williams-Split mostly evenly with Gordon, and somewhat surprisingly, wasn't pulled in passing situations. Also seemed to be the short yardage RB, though they went pass heavy around the GL. I think he's going to be an RB2 at some point, and despite Gordon's big run, its only going to lean more toward Williams as the year goes on.
What are people's thoughts on Javonte Williams?

My RB corps is beyond bad right now, Jonathan Taylor and James White are my starters (my draft plan clearly has not panned out). 

Both Melvin & Javonte are getting touches but Melvin looks better.  Is Javonte worth anything more than a spec acquisition who probably won't start on fantasy rosters unless Melvin gets hurt?

What are people's thoughts on Javonte Williams?

My RB corps is beyond bad right now, Jonathan Taylor and James White are my starters (my draft plan clearly has not panned out). 

Both Melvin & Javonte are getting touches but Melvin looks better.  Is Javonte worth anything more than a spec acquisition who probably won't start on fantasy rosters unless Melvin gets hurt?
I would disagree with the notion that Gordon looks better. Gordon had 1 big run. Williams has looked better to me. 

I'd view Williams as an RB3 at the moment, with RB2 upside, and maybe more later in the season. There aren't more than 20 RBs I'd rather have than Javonte.

I  bought CEH for a late 2022 2nd, Jeff Wilson and Josh Palmer.  I miss Palmer the most.  But at that price, couldn't pass.

Talking mainly dynasty, but surely applies in redraft some too.

1.  Aiyuk.  He was a stud down the stretch last season.  It'll come together

2.  Josh Jacobs:  I think he's still a guy that can you 1100-1200 yards and 10-12 TD's.  I think people are down on him because they wanted him to be an RB1 last year and it's not going to happen.  But if you can get him on the cheap, I think he's still very solid

3.  Jonathan Taylor.  Will still cost a lot.  But he's probably gone from untouchable to "I'll listen to offers."

4.  Antonio Gibson:  he's better than he's been so far.  

5. Kittle.  I think he's still an elite Tight end.  The volume will come

6.  Barkley:  Usage is trending up.  Owners are worried after 2 bad games.  Get before he explodes vs the Falcons this weekend

Think about the 2 opponents they have faced so far?  Clev & Balt both are Top 10 Run Defenses.  I get that he has not exploded but who does IN Baltimore.  The game script might be a bit different vs a weaker defense (#28 LAC?).  

If you are judging him on 2 games then, PLEASE SELL HIM TO ME!   

Think about the 2 opponents they have faced so far?  Clev & Balt both are Top 10 Run Defenses.  I get that he has not exploded but who does IN Baltimore.  The game script might be a bit different vs a weaker defense (#28 LAC?).  

If you are judging him on 2 games then, PLEASE SELL HIM TO ME!   
I think this is an understated factor for sure.  

travdogg said:
I would disagree with the notion that Gordon looks better. Gordon had 1 big run. Williams has looked better to me. 

I'd view Williams as an RB3 at the moment, with RB2 upside, and maybe more later in the season. There aren't more than 20 RBs I'd rather have than Javonte.
I appreciate that.  I generally don't personally subscribe to the "if you just remove his longest run" but in this case it really does skew Gordon's numbers for anyone looking just on the surface level.  I was in a hurry yesterday to make a deal for a RB and didn't have time to do a deeper dive.

Having looked at it in more detail I like the way Denver is using Javonte in a 1a/1b situation, while I think Gordon puts a hard cap on Javonte's touches as long as he is healthy, Javonte is clearly a big part of Denver's plans going forward.

I pulled the trigger and got Javonte for Chase Claypool, 12 team super-flex, ppr redraft so RBs have slightly less value than more traditional leagues.

I am excited to have him and hope he allows me to remain patient on Trey Sermon.

I appreciate that.  I generally don't personally subscribe to the "if you just remove his longest run" but in this case it really does skew Gordon's numbers for anyone looking just on the surface level.  I was in a hurry yesterday to make a deal for a RB and didn't have time to do a deeper dive.

Having looked at it in more detail I like the way Denver is using Javonte in a 1a/1b situation, while I think Gordon puts a hard cap on Javonte's touches as long as he is healthy, Javonte is clearly a big part of Denver's plans going forward.

I pulled the trigger and got Javonte for Chase Claypool, 12 team super-flex, ppr redraft so RBs have slightly less value than more traditional leagues.

I am excited to have him and hope he allows me to remain patient on Trey Sermon.
I agree with the bolded, if its a part of that players game. Like, I'm not gonna hold making a big play against a guy where big plays is a big part of his game. Like a Dalvin Cook, or on a smaller scale, a Miles Sanders. But a guy like Gordon, I'm gonna devalue it a bit, because its not really a part of his game.

I like that trade for you. I like Claypool's talent, but I think Big Ben is washed.

I agree with the bolded, if its a part of that players game. Like, I'm not gonna hold making a big play against a guy where big plays is a big part of his game. Like a Dalvin Cook, or on a smaller scale, a Miles Sanders. But a guy like Gordon, I'm gonna devalue it a bit, because its not really a part of his game.

I like that trade for you. I like Claypool's talent, but I think Big Ben is washed.
Yeah, for 2021 Claypool felt like a sell. Sell high, sell low just sell.

It's not entirely Big Ben's fault either, if they had their offensive line from 2-3 years ago I would not sell any Steeler WR but this line looks bad on epic proportions. Ben is already hurt and I just don't see a path for him to stay upright for 15 more games.

Food for thought.....just moved CEH and Drake to an RB needy team (he went zero RB) for Keenan in a 0.5 ppr 12 person league.  Feel like I sold at value for CEH, still some believers out there.

Other RBs are Chubb, Ty'son, Singletary, Cordarelle, Tony Jones, and Jeff Wilson on IR

WRs are Diggs, Lockett, Keenan, Claypool, Corey Davis, Beasley, Mooney

Last edited by a moderator:
Food for thought.....just moved CEH and Drake to an RB needy team (he went zero RB) for Keenan in a 0.5 ppr 12 person league.  Feel like I sold at value for CEH, still some believers out there.

Other RBs are Chubb, Ty'son, Singletary, Cordarelle, Tony Jones, and Jeff Wilson on IR

WRs are Diggs, Lockett, Keenan, Claypool, Corey Davis, Beasley, Mooney
Makes me wish I had CEH

Users who are viewing this thread