What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cadillac Williams wins Rookie of the Year (1 Viewer)

for a guy who was oft injured, this says a lot about the rest of the rookies perfomances this year doesn't it?

The Bucs go 8-1 when Carnell gets 19 carries.

He beats the Vikings with a 71-yard TD with 1:30 left.

He breaks a 24-yard run with 2 minutes left to seal a win in Green Bay.

He scores from 9 yards out with 2 minutes left to tie the Falcons in Atlanta.

He scores a 10-yard TD on 3rd and 9 with 5 minutes left to beat Car in Car.

He scores a 6-yd TD on 4th down with 30 sec left to tie Atlanta.

Carnell made a lot of big plays in clutch situations, broke an NFL rookie record, and led his team to a division title.

Clearly deserving... :thumbup:

Shouldn't this read: Carnell gets 19 carries when the Bucs go 8-1? I have no problem with Carnell winning ROY. He's a great young RB. The carries = wins stats have no meaning, imho.

Shouldn't this read: Carnell gets 19 carries when the Bucs go 8-1? I have no problem with Carnell winning ROY. He's a great young RB. The carries = wins stats have no meaning, imho.
I think it clearly shows the involvement of the player in the gameplan, and the corresponding success of that gameplan with him in it.Not much different than Brady's playoff record or Ben R's record being constantly pointed out, IMO.

I think it clearly shows the involvement of the player in the gameplan, and the corresponding success of that gameplan with him in it.Not much different than Brady's playoff record or Ben R's record being constantly pointed out, IMO.
It also could mean that the team was winning so the RB got more carries late to run out the clock and he wasn't really a huge part of the game plan.

they win because he runs well. People that don't watch the games go "look at this guy missing games and he goes cold in the middle of the season". He almost tore his hamstring, and tried to play through it. In games he's been healthy, he was only shut down once... by the Patriots.

Before that game, he'd only ever seen snow once in his life.

It also could mean that the team was winning so the RB got more carries late to run out the clock and he wasn't really a huge part of the game plan.
It could, but it doesn't in this case. As I described earlier, Carnell had a lot of meaningful carries late in wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ronnie brown gets Caddy's attempts he walks away with this award.
Yeah well, he didn't. If Caddy didn't get hurt for a 3-game stretch, his already impressive numbers are even better.Looking forward to seeing Caddy in a Super Bowl sometime soon. :thumbup:

Shouldn't this read: Carnell gets 19 carries when the Bucs go 8-1?  I have no problem with Carnell winning ROY.  He's a great young RB.  The carries = wins stats have no meaning, imho.
Always someone knocking a solid player's play.

Yeah well, he didn't. If Caddy didn't get hurt for a 3-game stretch, his already impressive numbers are even better.Looking forward to seeing Caddy in a Super Bowl sometime soon. :thumbup:
Alittle biased?

Alittle biased?
The reason why Caddy got hurt is he isn't going to be able to take the pounding in the Nfl. Get use to having him out 3-5 games a year. He is a tough little SOB when he's in there though. No disrespect to him, he's a tough little guy.

Alittle biased?
What did I say was wrong exactly? You arguing his stats would be worse if he played more games? :loco:

Alittle biased?
The reason why Caddy got hurt is he isn't going to be able to take the pounding in the Nfl. Get use to having him out 3-5 games a year. He is a tough little SOB when he's in there though. No disrespect to him, he's a tough little guy.
:lmao: Thanks, doctor.

Alittle biased?
:lmao: Thanks, doctor.
No need to be a doctor here buddy. He got hurt at Auburn when he got too many carries and he got hurt in Tampa. A man his size can't run the way he does. I don't need to be a doctor I'll just go by the past instead. Nice try though. I'll make you a sig bet he doesn't play in all 16 games next year Doc.

Always someone knocking a solid player's play.
Reading comprehension down? I didn't knock anyone's play; I think Cadillac is a great player. That doesn't change the fact that the stat of how much a team runs the ball in their wins is misleading

Williams set a Buccaneers single-season record with six 100-yard rushing games in 2005, including three to start the season. He finished with 1,178 yards and six touchdowns on 290 carries. Williams rushed for 148, 128 and 158 yards respectively in Weeks 1-3, announcing his arrival on the NFL scene. He provided the Buccaneers with several strong performances late in the season as the team made its playoff run, including a 112-yard, two-touchdown effort in a Week 14 victory over the NFC South-rival Carolina Panthers and a 150-yard, one-touchdown game in a Week 16 victory over the NFC South-rival Atlanta Falcons. Williams, who attended Auburn University, was nominated for seven Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week awards, winning three.

Congrats Caddy :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread