What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we continue the discussion about masks? (3 Viewers)

Not really interested in getting the middle of your guys slap fight, but the op asked a question of....

This implies there is a non face masking wearing crew.  🤷‍♂️
Haven't run into a crew of these people.. has anyone?  And I'm in freaking Texas.  I'd assume I'd have seen it if it was out there.

eta - aside from a list of social media mask shaming posts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the op has or is part of that crew since he asking it of the face masks wearers. 
I have him on ignore so no clue what he’s talking about but if the question is where are you seeing people without masks then just come to my county in Georgia.  Tons of people don’t wear them.

I wonder from the mask wearing crew, how many replace their masks after each use or properly disinfect them after each use?  I would bet the percentage is less than 10%, probably less than 5%.    
Yippie, we are at the SC thinking portion of the day where if 100% of the people don't use 100% correctly all the time it's not working?  

A lot of masks are a few bucks - I have about 10 and wash them after each use/day at work.   I would guess that most people who take it seriously also wash their masks on the regular too.  

I have him on ignore so no clue what he’s talking about but if the question is where are you seeing people without masks then just come to my county in Georgia.  Tons of people don’t wear them.
We have literal fights and people thrown in jail here in central florida over the "right" not to wear masks.  Another case where looking at one's anecdotal life/experiences and projecting it onto the population as a whole probably isn't a good idea.

Going out to look for the link, but apparently there's been a pretty extensive study done on mask wearing (specifically on airplanes) overseas I believe that have some pretty obvious results in terms of mask efficacy and rigidity of the policy.  Can't believe this continues to be a thing.

I dislike the anti exhalation valve crew.

If I had my choice to be standing next to a guy with an N95 with an exhalation valve or some crappy loose cloth mask, thats not even a difficult choice. 

Cloth masks have like 17 exhalation valves. 

Public messaging on this should have just been to cover the valve. 

At work, I replace masks after each use, except when PPE was in short supply.

Outside of work, I leave my masks in the car after use. The sun/heat probably disinfects them somewhat.

Still, as long as I sanitize my hands frequently, mask contamination isn’t likely to be an issue. I err on the side of caution at work because my exposure risk and contact with vulnerable individuals is much, much higher.

If you’re looking to find fault with the “mask wearing crew”, you’d do better to point out how many wear them improperly/inconsistently, and the potential for breakdown of non-cloth masks due to moisture.

But it’s much easier to criticize the maskless posse. Do you have any questions about them?
No I have no questions for the non-mask wearers, they should have already contracted COVID and are immune or they have contracted COVID and died by now.  Right?

Snotbubbles said:
No I have no questions for the non-mask wearers, they should have already contracted COVID and are immune or they have contracted COVID and died by now.  Right?
Is this how you think the virus works - you are either immune or you die?

Trump abruptly ends '60 Minutes' interview before planned taping of joint appearance with Pence

The President later accused Stahl of not wearing a mask and tweeted out a brief clip of her without one while at the White House.

A person familiar with the situation told CNN that the image from the tweet shows Stahl with her producers immediately after Trump ended the interview. Stahl had not yet gone back to get her personal belongings to put her mask back on. She had a mask on from the time she entered the White House and just before the interview began.
:mellow:

Just to answer the question in the OP, no we shouldn’t. There really shouldn’t be a “discussion” on masks anymore. Adults need to start acting like grownups, not petulant children.

I just can't comprehend it. If someone said hey for the next 6 months to a year if you wear this bracelet, its possible you could save someone from getting very sick, I'd wear one.  And I've never worn one in my life....

I just can't comprehend it. If someone said hey for the next 6 months to a year if you wear this bracelet, its possible you could save someone from getting very sick, I'd wear one.  And I've never worn one in my life....
This analogy is kinda unintentionally great. 

The messaging involving masks is about as good as this. Wear this bracelet!

A mea culpa from Chris Christie.

>>It was a serious failure for me, as a public figure, to go maskless at the White House, writes @GovChristie. I am lucky to be alive.<<
He also checked just about every "risk"category.

This mask thing is so crazy. I never thought for one second whether i truly believe in masks or not being effective.  I don't care. I don't need to second guess or get on a platform about it because, whether it works or not, it might possibly help someone (or me) and its such a nothing-sacrifice to do. 

This analogy is kinda unintentionally great. 

The messaging involving masks is about as good as this. Wear this bracelet!
Maybe we could make them out of rubber so they can fit a lot of differently sized wrists. Any maybe make them all the same color. Like yellow or something. Hey, we could even put a cool slogan on them and donate the proceeds to covid relief. Might be onto something here. 

Shutout said:
He also checked just about every "risk"category.

This mask thing is so crazy. I never thought for one second whether i truly believe in masks or not being effective.  I don't care. I don't need to second guess or get on a platform about it because, whether it works or not, it might possibly help someone (or me) and its such a nothing-sacrifice to do. 
Jon Stewart: “I think one of the issues that occurs with the Republican Party, unfortunately, is nothing is real until it happens to them. It’s an inability to empathize or to understand that other people may be suffering issues that you don’t suffer.”

Users who are viewing this thread