What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cedric Benson ? (1 Viewer)

High 1mpact

Footballguy
What Are everyone's Thoughts on benson ? I think he has a Ton of potential will he be stuck behind Jones for a year or 2 ?Anyone Know Jones and Benson's Contract situations I assume Benson got a ton of $$...

Wonder how things would have went if he didnt get hurt he was having a good Day would have got over 100..Im interested to see if he gets any playoff carries ...After seeing the injury I cant believe he came back in 7 weeks...

I don't see it as exactly the same kind of situation because I don't think that Thomas Jones is as good as Priest Holmes was at the time but it's similar. I think that Jones is a very good player and I'd like to see him in Chicago, but Benson looked good in his limited playing time and he was really starting to come on before that knee injury. He's averaging 4.1 yds/carry in 9 games, one of which he started, with 3 runs of 20 or more yards. That's not too shabby.

I think once Benson goes thru a full training camp with the team he'll be fine. In fact, I think he's a perfect fit for the O TURNER? is running. A power running game.

Jones showed this year that he's just not a 300 carry type back. However, I'm fairly certain he was signed to a 4 year, 10 M $ contract, which would make him affordable. Lastly, he proved he is DAMN good again this year.

Seeing as the Bears have a DOMINANT Defense, they can afford to run the ball plenty. In fact, if Grossman, a better passer than Orton, can stay healthy, they might have a semblance of a balnced offense, which would be good FOR the run game.

Benson and Jones bring different skills to the table. I could see where the Bears would want Jones in on all passing downs and spread type sets (3WR). I rememebr reading a fairly good evaluator's scouting report on Benson which said he was the best RED ZONE/GOAL Line runner he had ever seen. He is awesome at the physical part of the game.

I can see them co-existing as an awesome tandem together. Will that make your team better if you own Jones or Benson? No. But it will make the Bears better. :shock:

This may be a TRUE THUNDER & LIGHTNING BACKFIELD.

:football:

Every backup RB in the league is in the same situation LJ was.
How many were drafted in the 1ST ROUND ?
In the last ten years or so:Chris Perry

TJ Duckett

William Green

Cedric Benson

Ron Dayne

Jamal Lewis (not sure if he's really a backup)

Antowain Smith

And of course the guys who aren't in the league anymore:

Lawrence Phillips

Trung Canidate

Curtis Enis

Ki Jana Carter

John Avery

Tyrone Wheatley

Napolean Kaufmann

James Stewart

I think once Benson goes thru a full training camp with the team he'll be fine. In fact, I think he's a perfect fit for the O TURNER? is running. A power running game.

Jones showed this year that he's just not a 300 carry type back. However, I'm fairly certain he was signed to a 4 year, 10 M $ contract, which would make him affordable. Lastly, he proved he is DAMN good again this year.

Seeing as the Bears have a DOMINANT Defense, they can afford to run the ball plenty. In fact, if Grossman, a better passer than Orton, can stay healthy, they might have a semblance of a balnced offense, which would be good FOR the run game.

Benson and Jones bring different skills to the table. I could see where the Bears would want Jones in on all passing downs and spread type sets (3WR). I rememebr reading a fairly good evaluator's scouting report on Benson which said he was the best RED ZONE/GOAL Line runner he had ever seen. He is awesome at the physical part of the game.

I can see them co-existing as an awesome tandem together. Will that make your team better if you own Jones or Benson? No. But it will make the Bears better. :shock:

:goodposting:

:goodposting:
Thanks. Is that how you see it shaking out?

I can see the Bears running the ball 40 times a game using both Rbs in tandem as long as thier defense can keep the score close. Gradualy Thomas Jones gets phased out and becomes more of a backup 3rd down Rb as long as Benson can play as good or close to as good as Jones does.Which I think he can.Grossman in the meantime throws passes occasionaly to keep the defense honest and take advantage of defenses stacking the line.The Bears still need to upgrade thier OLine for this to be effective however. Their OLine has definitly improved this season but still has issues.

Users who are viewing this thread