What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chance Eagles Finish Regular Season Undefeated? - Update 11/14: 0% (1 Viewer)

What's percent chance do you think Eagles win all their regular season games?

• Total voters
I originally had the Eagles going 13-4 but it's looking like 14-3 now. The Eagles are a team that will rest starters if there isn't any benefit for playoff seeding so the week 18 matchup looks like a loss to me.

0% chance the Eagles go undefeated.

As an Eagles fan, I don't particularly want them to go 17-0.

That being said; to me, the have 4 competitve games; @DAL, @NYG, GB and TEN. Of those 4, DAL and NYG will be fighting for both the NFC East AND the bye. I don't envision them falling off so much that those games will be irrelevant. TEN will have a gameplan of running Henry down their throats...and without Jordan Davis(probably) the Eagles run defense isn't nearly as good. GB has Rodgers; so I'd never count them out, but this is the least concerning of the competitive games.

They'll lose at least one of those but will still be in position to have the bye AND rest their starters the last week..... 15-2.

If there was one fan base that I hope never gets to benefit from a fully undefeated season it would be Eagles fans. Good God we would have to hear about THAT until the end of time......

You should be thanking the Eagles and loving the Eagles because you probably aren't relevant right now with him.

I never thought that the Bears in 1985 would lose a game with that dominant defense (one of the best of all time). But sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.......like what happened to the Bears when they visited Marino in MIA, they were 12-0 at the time.

So it's less than 25%.
Dolphins were the better team. Miami makes the superbowl that year (Lucky pats turnovers) and Marino gets his ring.

I never thought that the Bears in 1985 would lose a game with that dominant defense (one of the best of all time). But sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.......like what happened to the Bears when they visited Marino in MIA, they were 12-0 at the time.

So it's less than 25%.
Dolphins were the better team. Miami makes the superbowl that year (Lucky pats turnovers) and Marino gets his ring.
I'm not arguing that the Dolphins were the better team . . . but the Fins had 6 turnovers against the Pats in the AFCCG. Marino barely completed 40% of his passes and had a passer rating in the 50's. Add in that NE rushed for 250+ yards, and I can't say that the Pats were lucky to win. Miami didn't play well and didn't deserve to win (which is why they lost by 17). Unfortunate for Miami fans.

Let's say MIA did beat NE . . . not sure the Bears would have 4 TOs in the rematch, and by that point the CHI defense was on a mission (allowed under 200 yards 7 times after the midpoint of the season). Put another way, the Dolphins in their regular season game against CHI scored almost as many points (38) as the Bears allowed the rest of the season (43 points in 6 games). Can't predict a game that never happened, but I doubt the Dolphins would pile on 38 points against the Bears had they met in the SB like they did in the first game. CHI forced 20 turnovers with 26 sacks in their last 5 games. They were flat out mauling teams.

So it's less than 25%.
I'm not arguing that the Dolphins were the better team . . . but the Fins had 6 turnovers against the Pats in the AFCCG. Marino barely completed 40% of his passes and had a passer rating in the 50's. Add in that NE rushed for 250+ yards, and I can't say that the Pats were lucky to win. Miami didn't play well and didn't deserve to win (which is why they lost by 17). Unfortunate for Miami fans.

Let's say MIA did beat NE . . . not sure the Bears would have 4 TOs in the rematch, and by that point the CHI defense was on a mission (allowed under 200 yards 7 times after the midpoint of the season). Put another way, the Dolphins in their regular season game against CHI scored almost as many points (38) as the Bears allowed the rest of the season (43 points in 6 games). Can't predict a game that never happened, but I doubt the Dolphins would pile on 38 points against the Bears had they met in the SB like they did in the first game. CHI forced 20 turnovers with 26 sacks in their last 5 games. They were flat out mauling teams.
That AFCC game was weird Miami had beaten the pats twice that year and I think they took them lightly that day and it cost them a chance at a ring. A lot of unforced errors by Miami. As for Chicago: Miami had their number. Marino's release (and Dwight Stephenson) negated the 46 Defense and the Marks' Brothers were at the height of their powers. Dolphin's D in 85 was no slouch either.

So it's less than 25%.

That AFCC game was weird Miami had beaten the pats twice that year and I think they took them lightly that day and it cost them a chance at a ring. A lot of unforced errors by Miami. As for Chicago: Miami had their number. Marino's release (and Dwight Stephenson) negated the 46 Defense and the Marks' Brothers were at the height of their powers. Dolphin's D in 85 was no slouch either.
I am always in favor of looking back at things decades later to see if my memory of things is different now vs. what I saw back then. In this case, it's not. Here's the tale of the tape between the MIA and CHI defenses in the 1985 season:

MIA (18 games): 372 points allowed (20.7/gm), 6405 total yards allowed (356/gm), 44 turnovers (2.4/gm), 41 sacks (2.3/gm)
CHI (19 games): 208 points allowed (10.9/gm), 4569 total yards allowed (240/gm), 64 turnovers (3.4/gm), 80 sacks (4.2/gm)

The Bears ranked #1 in fewest points and yardage allowed in the regular season . . . and performed BETTER than that in the postseason. The Dolphins ranked 12th and 23rd. I would not put the Dolphins defense anywhere near the Bears level that season.

The rematch game didn't take place until Week 1 of the 1988 season (played in MIA again). CHI won 34-7. Marino went 9 for 22 with 113 yards with 1 TD and 0 INT. The 1985 and 1988 games were the only two games between Miami and Chicago in the 80's and the Ditka era.

A Bears / Dolphins SB would have been more interesting than the CHI/NE one we actually got.

Last edited:
I mean any given game... a fumble here, a holding call there, a blown coverage... There is very very little chance. I mean even the fact people are saying 5-7% is amazing. I'd go 0.5%.

So it's less than 25%.

I was not big Marino guy but out of all the old QBs I think Marino shines the brightest in this era. He put up 5k and 48 back when you could murder WRs and QBs.

Division rivals are always tricky in these spots. If they are having a bad season, they will still bring the A Game in this spot.

Agreed. But I'll be honest, I thought it would be the Giants or Cowboys that got them.
Commanders were definitely the unexpected upset, no doubt.
Definitely surprising top 3 upset so far this year, but I still think Indy over KC is the biggest WTF upset IMO.

Division rivals are always tricky in these spots. If they are having a bad season, they will still bring the A Game in this spot.

Agreed. But I'll be honest, I thought it would be the Giants or Cowboys that got them.
Commanders were definitely the unexpected upset, no doubt.
Definitely surprising top 3 upset so far this year, but I still think Indy over KC is the biggest WTF upset IMO.
I think Chicago winning in Foxboro is top-3.

Users who are viewing this thread