What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chester Taylor a Viking (1 Viewer)

For those of you dissing Taylor, I'll say again, he averaged almost a yard per carry more than Jamal. Baltimore's o-line was abysmal last year and he still had a good ypc. And don't think it's inflated because of third and long draws and such, Baltimore is not that creative on offense. They hardly ever run draws. I'd much prefer him in Baltimore than Jamal.

For those of you dissing Taylor, I'll say again, he averaged almost a yard per carry more than Jamal. Baltimore's o-line was abysmal last year and he still had a good ypc. And don't think it's inflated because of third and long draws and such, Baltimore is not that creative on offense. They hardly ever run draws. I'd much prefer him in Baltimore than Jamal.
So would I, but in Minn. His numbers will not be as good as the guy. :no:

It is a new regime but there is a lot of other RBs there to steal carries.  Gotta figure MM/Fason get some action.  Glad I dumped MM in my keeper league last year!
:goodposting: Chester Taylor, I'm happy I don't have Him.
Im happy i have him .MM adn Fason are now useless . Taylor is the starter and will be used in the running game in the passing game, i think he might become kind of a mix of Westbrook , Faulk and Holmes .

So MM who has been worthless aniways is now kaput .

I see 1300 rush yards , 800 receiving yards and 10 TD's for Taylor.
He won't come close to that. :no:
I don't think those projections are a stretch at all. Especially if the Vikings can land Hutchinson.
No Wr's and no Qb. :no: :no:
Exactly!! What else are they going to do?
Punt. :rolleyes: 3 and out. :bye:
:rolleyes: I like what the Vikings have on offense. They will have good balance and this offense is perfect for Johnson. He doesn't have a strong arm, but is very accurate. Krob, Travis Taylor, Williamson and Burleson (if they resign him) is a strong WR corps (but not spectacular). They will be solid, but I see Taylor as the only strong FF player on the offense.

It is a new regime but there is a lot of other RBs there to steal carries.  Gotta figure MM/Fason get some action.  Glad I dumped MM in my keeper league last year!
Im happy i have him .MM adn Fason are now useless . Taylor is the starter and will be used in the running game in the passing game, i think he might become kind of a mix of Westbrook , Faulk and Holmes .

I don't think those projections are a stretch at all. Especially if the Vikings can land Hutchinson.
Exactly!! What else are they going to do?
Punt. :rolleyes: 3 and out. :bye:
:rolleyes: I like what the Vikings have on offense. They will have good balance and this offense is perfect for Johnson. He doesn't have a strong arm, but is very accurate. Krob, Travis Taylor, Williamson and Burleson (if they resign him) is a strong WR corps (but not spectacular). They will be solid, but I see Taylor as the only strong FF player on the offense.
Johnson's 37 years old.He will not be the starter there. :no:

Vikings | Taylor the man at running back?Sun, 12 Mar 2006 05:17:45 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress sees newly signed RB Chester Taylor as a guy who can be his feature back. He perhaps could touch the ball "20 to 30 times" a game, according to Childress. "Chester is a complete running back, who is thrilled to be featured in a West Coast attack," Taylor's agent, Ken Sarnoff, said.

If this guy touches the ball 20 to 30 times a game he will put in easily to 10 numbers.
Top 10 numbers is one thing but 1300, 800 & 10 like one poster mentioned is top 5 numbers which puts him right below LT, LJ, Alexander & Edge. I certainly wouldn't feel confortable taking him that high.

Vikings | Taylor the man at running back?Sun, 12 Mar 2006 05:17:45 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress sees newly signed RB Chester Taylor as a guy who can be his feature back. He perhaps could touch the ball "20 to 30 times" a game, according to Childress. "Chester is a complete running back, who is thrilled to be featured in a West Coast attack," Taylor's agent, Ken Sarnoff, said.

If this guy touches the ball 20 to 30 times a game he will put in easily to 10 numbers.
Top 10 numbers is one thing but 1300, 800 & 10 like one poster mentioned is top 5 numbers which puts him right below LT, LJ, Alexander & Edge. I certainly wouldn't feel confortable taking him that high.
Thanks, and my point. :thumbup: :popcorn: :D

I think the receiving numbers will be about half that (missed it the first time), but don't think 1300/10 is unrealistic.

I like what the Vikings have on offense. They will have good balance and this offense is perfect for Johnson. He doesn't have a strong arm, but is very accurate. Krob, Travis Taylor, Williamson and Burleson (if they resign him) is a strong WR corps (but not spectacular). They will be solid, but I see Taylor as the only strong FF player on the offense.
What about TE? If Wiggins and Kleinsasser are back, that just adds more options.Listen guys, Johnson may be long in the tooth, but he still has a good arm, knows how to make the reads and because he can't move around too much, he'll use Taylor on a lot of dump-offs. I think Taylor could easily catch 40-50 balls this season and maybe flirt with 1000 yards on the ground. Assuming he stays healthy, he could be a 1,400+ total yards RB. TD's are a complete crap shoot, but I'd say anywhere from 4-8 would be realistic.

Those numbers are RB1 in PPR, close to it in standard formats if the TDs are on the higher end.

With Chester being local I have been fortunate enough to see his entire career. He can most definitly be a feature back and I think this system fits his skill set perfectly. However, I have to wonder if he will ever be able to stay healthy.

Where's the Ciatrick fason lovers now?  That guy went like 1.07 in my dynasty rookie draft last year.
This is more proof that RBs that go outside the top 1-5 in dynasty rookie drafts are bitter longshots with little worth than anything else.
Taylor was drafted outside of the top 1-5 in rookie drafts. Fason's career isn't over, just like Taylor's wasn't when he was drafted to backup Jamal Lewis.

Users who are viewing this thread