What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chicago Bears 2012 Offseason Thread (1 Viewer)

If you are hiring a new GM, why in the hell would you go ahead and start making his decisions for him before he gets there? Makes no sense.
:goodposting: My thoughts exactly.If I'm not wrong that's the job of the GM.
McKenzie and DeCosta weren't interested. Snead won't be either. The last time around, no OC was interested in the job except Martz. This time, they didn't even bother interviewing an OC, probably to avoid embarrassment again. Ruskell will be promoted to GM.

Firing the OC, promoting the OL coach to coordinator, and keeping the worst wrs coach in the league is the Bears way of "making a move", but not the rest of the league's. Lovie is on his third OC in four years and has gotten the Bears to the playoffs three times in eight years. Now, he's promoting the OL coach from a line that's given up more sacks than any team in the league over the last two years. Sorry but that doesn't sound like a recipie for success. :shrug:They have already missed out on the top two candidates without so much as an interview. I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Ruskell is promoted. That would really surprise you? The Bears have been in large part a disappointment for over two decades for a reason, and it's not because we're unlucky.
This is harsh but its true. This gm situation is looking disastrous.

If you are hiring a new GM, why in the hell would you go ahead and start making his decisions for him before he gets there? Makes no sense.
I think the Bears were willing to eat Angelo's contract, but they weren't going to eat Lovie's too.

Knew this was coming eventually. They might as well end the charade and promote Ruskell already. I wouldn't doubt they promote him before doing a single interview. Pompei is a big homer and usually backs the team regardless of how bad of a move they make. I can't stand the guy, but I doubt he's getting this information from unreliable sources. I actually want to beat him in the face many times.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-quiet-on-saturday-but-could-they-look-at-ruskell-for-gm-20120107,0,775292.story

Bears quiet Saturday, but could they look at Ruskell for GM?

By Dan Pompei, Tribune reporter

5:01 p.m. CST, January 7, 2012

All was quiet Saturday on the Bears' general manager search, and no interviews are scheduled for Sunday.

The team did continue to research a pool of candidates. Bears president Ted Phillips is spearheading the search, and is being assisted by director of football administration Cliff Stein and others.

The Bears are not moving with any urgency in the process, which is in direct contrast to the Raiders, who already have hired a candidate the Bears wanted to interview in Reggie McKenzie, and the Colts, who plan on having seven general manager interviews complete by the end of the day Monday.

Meanwhile, multiple sources said there is an internal movement to influence Phillips and team ownership to seriously consider personnel director Tim Ruskell for the job.

Ruskell has good relationships with head coach Lovie Smith, the assistant coaches and the scouting staff. He understands the team’s schematic philosophies and the lay of the land. Retaining him would minimize change but still give the Bears a new voice and direction.

It is believed Phillips wants to focus on external candidates before giving Ruskell consideration.

dpompei@tribune.com

Twitter @danpompei
oof

Last edited by a moderator:
Knew this was coming eventually. They might as well end the charade and promote Ruskell already. I wouldn't doubt they promote him before doing a single interview. Pompei is a big homer and usually backs the team regardless of how bad of a move they make. I can't stand the guy, but I doubt he's getting this information from unreliable sources. I actually want to beat him in the face many times.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-quiet-on-saturday-but-could-they-look-at-ruskell-for-gm-20120107,0,775292.story

Bears quiet Saturday, but could they look at Ruskell for GM?

By Dan Pompei, Tribune reporter

5:01 p.m. CST, January 7, 2012

All was quiet Saturday on the Bears' general manager search, and no interviews are scheduled for Sunday.

The team did continue to research a pool of candidates. Bears president Ted Phillips is spearheading the search, and is being assisted by director of football administration Cliff Stein and others.

The Bears are not moving with any urgency in the process, which is in direct contrast to the Raiders, who already have hired a candidate the Bears wanted to interview in Reggie McKenzie, and the Colts, who plan on having seven general manager interviews complete by the end of the day Monday.

Meanwhile, multiple sources said there is an internal movement to influence Phillips and team ownership to seriously consider personnel director Tim Ruskell for the job.

Ruskell has good relationships with head coach Lovie Smith, the assistant coaches and the scouting staff. He understands the team’s schematic philosophies and the lay of the land. Retaining him would minimize change but still give the Bears a new voice and direction.

It is believed Phillips wants to focus on external candidates before giving Ruskell consideration.

dpompei@tribune.com

Twitter @danpompei
oof
If Tim Ruskell gets the job the Bears have sacrificed the next five years. Ruskell will screw the Bears up just like he did the Seahawks. It would be a really depressing outcome. You get excited about Angelo getting fired and then they go from bad to worse when they end up promoting the guy who was brought in by Angelo, the guy you just fired. Unfortunately, typical Bears move.

Great to see Manning having a great game for the Texans. I'm glad he got somewhere where he could flourish. :thumbup:

Firing the OC, promoting the OL coach to coordinator, and keeping the worst wrs coach in the league is the Bears way of "making a move", but not the rest of the league's. Lovie is on his third OC in four years and has gotten the Bears to the playoffs three times in eight years. Now, he's promoting the OL coach from a line that's given up more sacks than any team in the league over the last two years. Sorry but that doesn't sound like a recipie for success. :shrug:They have already missed out on the top two candidates without so much as an interview. I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Ruskell is promoted. That would really surprise you? The Bears have been in large part a disappointment for over two decades for a reason, and it's not because we're unlucky.
They have f'ed up countless coaching / coordinator searches, so there's no reason to think that they won't f this up too. And when they do, it's time to start looking in Ted Phillips direction.

Another candidate has emerged for the Bears general manager opening. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports the Bears will interview Ryan Grigson who is the Eagles director of player personnel. Grigson is scheduled to also interview with the Rams and has already interviewed with the Indianapolis Colts for their respective GM vacancies.
I didn't see it posted yet, but if the Colts are offering, I can't see anyone picking the Bears over that situation.

They have f'ed up countless coaching / coordinator searches, so there's no reason to think that they won't f this up too. And when they do, it's time to start looking in Ted Phillips direction.
The press conference a few days ago about the GM search was an absolute joke. Then entire thing looked like it was being conducted by a fifth grader(No, the Bears aren't smarter than a fifth grader).Ted: Phillips stated that "the new GM has to be in step with Lovie's way of thinking;" Does that mean thinking you can run a team into submission like the Saints or Packers, without a decent OL or strong passing game? :loco:I thought the new GM only had to keep Lovie on for a year too? :confused:

Looking like Snead will be available to interview after today, hopefully Ross after next week.
I just want to see guys interviewed. I don't want Ruskell to get the job. As long as they are interviewing outside candidates they are less likely to hire Ruskell.

hmmmm the Bears seem to put more stock into the coaching staff than the team and the draft. This is starting to look like a clown car at the circus with this split OC nonsense. This team is going to be stuck in the 70s until the McDummy family moves on. I am tired of hearing about the tradition and watching these dummies make moves that make no sense. The Cubs of the NFL are in prime shape with this clan.
I'm not sure why people assume that having a "passing coordinator" is such a bad idea. Tice may be a run first guy, but he certainly threw the ball plenty in minnesota (see culpepper to moss). Having someone on the staff that is focused on the passing game may be great. Everyone says thats the key to winning, right? maybe it will work out, maybe it wont, but at least they are making a move to improve an obvious weakness.Also, tice acknowledged that the bears need a #1 wr, thats a big improvement on its own!
LOL -that is true and when you consider that the Bears have "come around" on how to use the audible RECENTLY maybe we really are a bunch of arm chair QBs...

This has me pretty excited about Tice. Few things that stood out; he does not seem to have an ego from his willingness to take input from his coaches. Love where he talks about how important it is to have a wr that can win matchups, and most of all I love that he realizes that the most important part of any offense is the line.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8550

How much money did the Bears pocket under the cap this past season? I guess they never let go of the "We like our players" line. No reason to sign Waters or Gaither at the beginning of the season, both of which greatly improved their teams.

Pretty sure it was Tice that said Webb or Edwin Williams were blocking at a Pro Bowl level before the season started. How quickly everyone forgets about Tice...

How much money did the Bears pocket under the cap this past season? I guess they never let go of the "We like our players" line. No reason to sign Waters or Gaither at the beginning of the season, both of which greatly improved their teams. Pretty sure it was Tice that said Webb or Edwin Williams were blocking at a Pro Bowl level before the season started. How quickly everyone forgets about Tice...
Our would be nice oud your rants were at least fresh.. You have been complaining about the same things all year. We know. I'm sorry the bears make bad moves, I'm encouraged that even making bad moves, they were 7-3 with several very winable games ahead of them. it stinks they blew it. There are 100 reasons you can point to for their failure.

Colts continuing to interview gm candidates, Grigson from the Eagles today, meanwhile the Bears have interviewed no one since firing JA over a week ago. Hire Ruskell already. No reason to drag things out and not interviewing anyone.

How much money did the Bears pocket under the cap this past season? I guess they never let go of the "We like our players" line. No reason to sign Waters or Gaither at the beginning of the season, both of which greatly improved their teams. Pretty sure it was Tice that said Webb or Edwin Williams were blocking at a Pro Bowl level before the season started. How quickly everyone forgets about Tice...
Our would be nice oud your rants were at least fresh.. You have been complaining about the same things all year. We know. I'm sorry the bears make bad moves, I'm encouraged that even making bad moves, they were 7-3 with several very winable games ahead of them. it stinks they blew it. There are 100 reasons you can point to for their failure.
:goodposting: It's redundant

Cutler knows what type of players Bears need

Here's hoping new GM — please not Ruskell — will too

2:00 a.m. CST, January 10, 2012

My sleeper candidate for the Bears general manager job emerged over the weekend, on Twitter of all places.

Fewer than 140 characters at a time, Jay Cutler displayed the acumen and aggressiveness for acquiring talent Bears President Ted Phillips seeks. It took three tweets to convince me a Cutler candidacy for the GM job would make more sense than Tim Ruskell's.

David Haugh's In the Wake of the News

David Haugh's In the Wake of the News

E-mail | Recent columns

Not only did Cutler identify the need for the kind of big-play wide receiver we saw winning wild-card playoff games, he all but scheduled a meeting with one in former teammate Brandon Marshall. The Dolphins might call it tampering. I call it initiative.

"I can get #15 out of storage! Suit you back up," Cutler tweeted Marshall on the quarterback's verified page.

The two began the sentimental exchange reminiscing about the days they connected for the Broncos and ended it with Cutler responding to a fan suggesting the duo get back together with the Bears.

"Let's do it!" Cutler replied enthusiastically.

That is the type of decisiveness the Bears front office has lacked in recent years. Just ask Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

How encouraging to also see Cutler show a keen sense of the Bears roster holes by inviting Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady to the Windy City reunion. No offense J'Marcus Webb (or Jerry Angelo), but Cutler knows an All-Pro offensive lineman when he sees one, which is why he sounded so welcoming when Clady entered the conversation with Marshall.

"You can join us big guy," Cutler wrote.

At this point I should be clear that Cutler didn't directly message me how to fix the Bears. In fact, Cutler has blocked me from his account, suggesting he has better protection in cyberspace than he does in the pocket. As a fellow Hoosier native I am hurt, but as a member of the Chicago sports media I like what that does for my street cred.

Speaking of credibility, imagine the upgrade for the Bears offense with a left tackle the caliber of Clady and a wide receiver as explosive as Marshall. It doesn't have to be those two specifically — they are under contract — but players of that ilk.

If the Bears had such talent at those key positions in 2011, Cutler would have had better things to do the opening playoff weekend than engage in social media.

Sounds like Phillips had more time on his hands than expected too during his one-man search for Angelo's successor. If Phillips' idle time was created by top candidates Reggie McKenzie being named GM of the Raiders and Eric DeCosta signing a sweet contract extension to stay with the Ravens, it bodes well for the Bears. It says that Phillips' list began with two of the hottest executives on the market instead of somebody valued more at Halas Hall than around the league. Minimally, that's progress.

But the next names on Phillips' list better belong to candidates from outside the organization. Promoting Ruskell to GM is even sillier to consider than hiring Cutler. It could set the franchise back further than any personnel move Phillips has approved since Lovie Smith became head coach.

Phillips identified talent evaluation — particularly through the draft — as the first criteria in finding the next GM. If executives are only as good as their last job, Phillips cannot ignore that none of the first-round picks Ruskell selected in five drafts with the Seahawks from 2005-09 remain with the team.

Granted, five Ruskell draft picks started for the Seahawks, but too many misses early in the draft led to Angelo's undoing. Replacing Angelo with somebody with the same documented problem would be as illogical as changing physicians to a doctor sued more often for malpractice.

The fact that internal support for Ruskell has surfaced should surprise nobody and risks exposing the chief flaw of the search. The second stated qualification by Phillips mentioned "chemistry with Lovie." Empowered, Smith probably submitted a short list of candidates after his old buddy McKenzie that included mentor Tony Dungy, college coach John Cooper and Ruskell. Smith benefits from maintaining the status quo, but the organization overall requires the fresh approach an outsider offers.

If the Bears inexplicably still err and hire Ruskell, they should attach interim to his and Smith's titles. Inevitably the win-or-else reality would force Ruskell to think short-term fix more than long-term solution — and GMs must keep an eye on both goals.

Good candidates remain, including Packers draft guru John Dorsey. A potentially great job with the Bears awaits. Elevating Mike Tice to offensive coordinator proved the Bears can make smart decisions. Plenty of time still exists for them to make another one at GM.

Just in case, Cutler should know Packers free-agent-to-be tight end Jermichael Finley's Twitter address is @JermichaelF88.

dhaugh@tribune.com

Great column by Dave Haugh in the Chicago Tribune. I bolded the stuff about Ruskell because I agree 100%. Keep your fingers crossed that they do the right thing, and hire one of the outside candidates.

sup bro?

sup bro?
Now that another lame season is in the books it is time for those Bear organization apologists to come around looking to dismiss the idiotic moves. When this Bears crew stops behaving like City Hall and starts to make some moves to put this team in the top tier of the NFL elite- the redundant bashings will stop. The reason why this team folded up and went home like a whipped long lost pup was simple- no depth and yet another lame effort from the OL and inconsistent play from the defense. Let's see what the draft brings this year. And let us not forget to evaluate the players drafted in the last two seasons. You want depth- you have to perform on draft day. You want to keep pace with the Packers and the Lions- you have to perform on draft day. You want players to step up when front line play makers go down- you have to step it up in the draft. Now the GM runs the draft and makes coaching staff decisions but for some odd reason some of these decisions are being made without a GM. What does that tell you? On top of all the proofs that have been laid out this season about these dummies they fire a GM and then they start to make GM decisions without a GM. Only the Bears...

sup bro?
Now that another lame season is in the books it is time for those Bear organization apologists to come around looking to dismiss the idiotic moves. When this Bears crew stops behaving like City Hall and starts to make some moves to put this team in the top tier of the NFL elite- the redundant bashings will stop. The reason why this team folded up and went home like a whipped long lost pup was simple- no depth and yet another lame effort from the OL and inconsistent play from the defense. Let's see what the draft brings this year. And let us not forget to evaluate the players drafted in the last two seasons. You want depth- you have to perform on draft day. You want to keep pace with the Packers and the Lions- you have to perform on draft day. You want players to step up when front line play makers go down- you have to step it up in the draft. Now the GM runs the draft and makes coaching staff decisions but for some odd reason some of these decisions are being made without a GM. What does that tell you? On top of all the proofs that have been laid out this season about these dummies they fire a GM and then they start to make GM decisions without a GM. Only the Bears...
What I would also like to point out, what I think may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, was their lack of success in free agency this season. They failed miserably at that, Roy Williams, Sam Hurd, Marion Barber, and Brandon Merriwether. Coupled with Caleb Haney's dismal showing. I honestly think that the Bears management may have been willing to continue to ride with Angelo, despite the weak drafts of late, if these free agents had performed. But this free agency disaster finally did Angelo in.

That's what I'm trying to say. They could easily hang with the Packers and Saints on a yearly basis if they would make some better decisions and spend the money they're allotted, but it's never been as much about winning as it has about money with the Bears. It's lame duck GM and coach year after year. 5 playoff appearances in the last 20 freaking years. Sorry but that's not much to be positive about. The opportunity has always been within grasp, but it's obvious the McCaskey's don't care that much about the Bears winning, or they would have by now. Now, they finally make a move at GM, only to be considering promoting someone within the already failed management crew. You gotta be kidding me with that crap. :wall:I love Lovie as much as the next guy, but it's difficult to force a halfway decent GM with an ounce of self-respect to use a coaching staff that's already in place. Look at what McKenzie is already doing in Oakland. I doubt he would've even considered the Bears if they had requested an interview, which they obviously didn't. It's no secret to the rest of the league that the Bears don't like to spend money either. If you think that doesn't affect any potential candidates in considering taking the Bears job, you're only fooling yourself. There were reports that this affected DeCosta's decision too.Without obvious number one and number two wide receivers, and a halfway decent OL, we will be playing catch to the top teams for good. It's not a running league now. Lovie hasn't seemed to figure that out yet. You can't play what he considers "Bears football" anymore and win consistently. Then Tice's comments after being promoted: "We're getting off the bus running". He doesn't get it either, obviously. You have to have a good offensive line or an unreal set of wide receivers to compete. We have the stud qb and rb. All we need now is a good offensive line and a couple of good wide receivers, yet all they can put out there now are low round and undrafted free agents on the OL and a bunch of trash at wide receiver. Keeping the head coach and promoting guys already within organization isn't going to cut it, but I doubt the McCaskey's are too concerned about that. :thumbdown:

sup bro?
What I would also like to point out, what I think may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, was their lack of success in free agency this season. They failed miserably at that, Roy Williams, Sam Hurd, Marion Barber, and Brandon Merriwether. Coupled with Caleb Haney's dismal showing. I honestly think that the Bears management may have been willing to continue to ride with Angelo, despite the weak drafts of late, if these free agents had performed. But this free agency disaster finally did Angelo in.
I wouldnt call barber a failed signing. At times he looked like a stud power back. its easy to point to the denver game and call him a bust, but those were 2 bonehead plays. He really ran the ball better than expected this year. Roy williams was only a bust if you expected a lot out of him. The bears paid him next to nothing. The failure was mearly expecting him to be worth more than they paid. Really, the same with hurd, they didnt pay him very much. the betrer arguement, which has been made in this thread plentt, is that the bears just didnt spend enough. Hopefully, they were just setting themselves up to have a lot of cap space this year after a lot of teams overspent last year.

Atlanta director of player personnel Les Snead arrived at Rams Park about 10 minutes ago for his GM visit/interview.

No rush, Bears. No rush. :rolleyes:

Multiple articles in the Tribune and Sun Times over the past couple of days about Ruskell's past successes. Sounds like the team is throwing out a little propaganda and making a few calls to their friends in the local media. It's happening, or they would've set up or conducted interviews in the 8 days since Angelo was fired. End the charade!

Multiple articles in the Tribune and Sun Times over the past couple of days about Ruskell's past successes. Sounds like the team is throwing out a little propaganda and making a few calls to their friends in the local media. It's happening, or they would've set up or conducted interviews in the 8 days since Angelo was fired. End the charade!
What if they're waiting for a personnel guy from the remaining 8 teams???

Doesn't matter and it still wouldn't affect their ability to interview other guys. The Raiders hired McKenzie and the Pack are still in the playoffs. Walk towards the light. It's Ruskell.

Looking like Snead will be available to interview after today, hopefully Ross after next week.
I just want to see guys interviewed. I don't want Ruskell to get the job. As long as they are interviewing outside candidates they are less likely to hire Ruskell.
:goodposting: If they hire Ruskell, this entire situation is a sham and a joke.

They launch Angelo to promote someone who is worse at his job than he is? (and has been his right hand man this past year - during Angelos most recent debacles of dumping Olsen, signing Roy Williams, etc.) He and Angelo worked togeth for 13 years in Tampa. Jerry brought Ruskell in to "be him" when he wasn't around. If you look at who the Seapukes drafted while Ruskell was there, his drafts are scarily similar to that of Angelo's here - lot's of early round duds.I thought this tidbit from the Tribune back in 2010 (Ruskell was hired over the summer) was telling:

Ruskell joined the Bears less than a month ago, but his fingerprints are already all over the Bears' front office. Among his suggestions being implemented are a remodeling of the draft room and some changes in the information technology area. The team is putting up a free agent draft board that will mimic what the college draft board looks like.
The bolded - this was the same "draft room" that botched the Baltimore deal. This was also the same draft that Yahoo! sports writer, Jason Cole gave an "F" to (incidentally, it's the only team Cole gave an "F" to). Yes, there were other writers that gave the draft a B or C, but really?So we fired Angelo...to hire mini-Angelo.

:wall: :rant: :wall:

Please God make it stop.

sup bro?
I wouldnt call barber a failed signing. At times he looked like a stud power back. its easy to point to the denver game and call him a bust, but those were 2 bonehead plays. He really ran the ball better than expected this year. Roy williams was only a bust if you expected a lot out of him. The bears paid him next to nothing. The failure was mearly expecting him to be worth more than they paid. Really, the same with hurd, they didnt pay him very much. the betrer arguement, which has been made in this thread plentt, is that the bears just didnt spend enough. Hopefully, they were just setting themselves up to have a lot of cap space this year after a lot of teams overspent last year.
Barber could be considered at least passable. Roy Williams did literally nothing. If you paid a pair of Twinkies for him you got ripped off. Roy Williams ranked 89th in total yards receiving. Hurd was supposed to be a special teams ace but he wasn't even that. It doesn't matter how little you paid for them if you got nothing out of them. Those roster spots could have been used for young players, or they could have been utilized more effectively with other players.I would say that as far as WRs go there weren't very many other guys they could have signed that would have been better. Most of the free agent WRs signed were disappointments. Only Steve Breaston and Plaxico Burress seemed to represent any value. So, to their credit, they didn't waste a lot of money on any of the other guys. I think that you are being overly optimistic imagining that they had a plan to save money to use in the future. I hope it works out that way. Fact is that there is a minimum they will have to spend, but I think that doesn't kick in until 2013. I do hope you are right about the plan to use the extra cap money this offseason.

Doesn't matter and it still wouldn't affect their ability to interview other guys. The Raiders hired McKenzie and the Pack are still in the playoffs. Walk towards the light. It's Ruskell.
I realize that, but you never change your gloomy opinion. You make others negative and it's annoying.

More truth from Peter King and Wadlle/Silvy on Twitter. Doesn't get any plainer than than this.

SI_PeterKing Peter King

RT @DavidSchawel: What's the perception of the Bears GM job around the league? ... Flawed by fact that Ted Phillips stands betw GM+owners.

43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Retweeted by WaddleandSilvy

More truth from Peter King and Wadlle/Silvy on Twitter. Doesn't get any plainer than than this.

SI_PeterKing Peter King

RT @DavidSchawel: What's the perception of the Bears GM job around the league? ... Flawed by fact that Ted Phillips stands betw GM+owners.

43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Retweeted by WaddleandSilvy
I'm calling horse-puckey on this. Take a look at the front office structure for most NFL teams and most have some executive-type CEO/President that exists above the GM but below the owners. The Bears front office structure is not something foreign or unique to prospective candidates.Go Bears!

J

I don't think Peter King has a dog in this fight. He's well aware of how things are set up within organizations in the NFL. I'm just posting a question he was asked, that was retweeted by Waddle/Silva. Perception is reality. He didn't pull it out of thin air.

'flapgreen said:
I make others negative now too? Damn, I must be worse than I thought.
Reality checks are hard, but your posts are like the news...almost all negative. So I in turn don't watch the news because I choose to be a glass half-full person.

I understand. I'm only relaying how I feel and most of the people close to the organization feel. If you choose not to acknowledge that, it's your business, but there are serious problems within the Bears organization. Anyone halfway paying attention can see that. They want someone who follows the status quo and be Ted Phillips assistant GM. Pretty obvious.

Pay no attention to my posts and skip over them from now on.

ZachZaidman Zach Zaidman

#Bears will interview Phil Emery from KC, NE's Jason Licht, SD's Jimmy Raye and Marc Ross from NYG

mikecwright Michael C. Wright

Source w/knowledge of the situation said Marc Ross and Jimmy Raye "are high on [the Bears'] short list."

BradBiggs Brad Biggs

#Bears could also still consider Tim Ruskell, director of player personnel, for GM job.

ZachZaidman Zach Zaidman#Bears will interview Phil Emery from KC, NE's Jason Licht, SD's Jimmy Raye and Marc Ross from NYGmikecwright Michael C. WrightSource w/knowledge of the situation said Marc Ross and Jimmy Raye "are high on [the Bears'] short list."BradBiggs Brad Biggs#Bears could also still consider Tim Ruskell, director of player personnel, for GM job.
ok, I have read the reports too, and I see that ruskell is still an option. but, you have spent the last several days moaning and groaning because the bears havent started external interviews. Now they are. Small victories. not every "good" thing that happens needs to be qualified by the bad. Lets just be glad that they are beginning to interviewing and hope that they get someone good.

I understand. I'm only relaying how I feel and most of the people close to the organization feel. If you choose not to acknowledge that, it's your business, but there are serious problems within the Bears organization. Anyone halfway paying attention can see that. They want someone who follows the status quo and be Ted Phillips assistant GM. Pretty obvious.

So now YOU'RE close to the Bears organization :lmao:

I understand. I'm only relaying how I feel and most of the peouple close to the organization feel. If you choose not to acknowledge that, it's your business, but there are serious problems within the Bears organization. Anyone halfway paying attention can see that. They want someone who follows the status quo and be Ted Phillips assistant GM. Pretty obvious.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Are you going to post anything of your own or just mock me?

I understand. I'm only relaying how I feel and most of the peouple close to the organization feel. If you choose not to acknowledge that, it's your business, but there are serious problems within the Bears organization. Anyone halfway paying attention can see that. They want someone who follows the status quo and be Ted Phillips assistant GM. Pretty obvious.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Are you going to post anything of your own or just mock me?
Sensitive much? Post #144 agrees with me. Stop being a whineo in here

ZachZaidman Zach Zaidman#Bears will interview Phil Emery from KC, NE's Jason Licht, SD's Jimmy Raye and Marc Ross from NYGmikecwright Michael C. WrightSource w/knowledge of the situation said Marc Ross and Jimmy Raye "are high on [the Bears'] short list."BradBiggs Brad Biggs#Bears could also still consider Tim Ruskell, director of player personnel, for GM job.
ok, I have read the reports too, and I see that ruskell is still an option. but, you have spent the last several days moaning and groaning because the bears havent started external interviews. Now they are. Small victories. not every "good" thing that happens needs to be qualified by the bad. Lets just be glad that they are beginning to interviewing and hope that they get someone good.
What? Those are from writers covering the team, not sure how that's "being qualified by the bad". I haven't said anything that hasn't echoed the thoughts of the sports writers covering the Bears. I guess they are all "moaning and groaning" too. Call it what you like. Even the biggest Bears homers have reported the Bears were unprepared, including Pompei, who is a huge homer. If not sticking my head in the sand makes me moaner and groaner, so be it.With that said, this appears to be a step in the right direction if they get one of these guys, preferrably Ross. Anxiously awaiting the outcome...

Post something besides responding to my posts, which you don't like. Tx

Post something besides responding to my posts, which you don't like. Tx
I will do that if you stop posting all your negative word vomit in here. Deal?

Users who are viewing this thread