What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Cubs Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Fangraphs top 200 prospect list is out.

Bryant (1)

Russell (3)

Soler (13)

Schwarber (21)

Edwards (64)

Almora (92)

Underwood (124)

Johnson (125)

Vogelbach, McKinney, and Torres honorable mentions.

Grahamburn said:
Fangraphs top 200 prospect list is out.

Bryant (1)

Russell (3)

Soler (13)

Schwarber (21)

Edwards (64)

Almora (92)

Underwood (124)

Johnson (125)

Vogelbach, McKinney, and Torres honorable mentions.
Schwarber has turned out to be a great pick. I remember some observers scratching their heads over that one.

The head scratching was due to wondering if he was a MLB catcher, and if not, where would he slot defensively.

Jury is still out on that

The head scratching was due to wondering if he was a MLB catcher, and if not, where would he slot defensively.

That's not true. Most, if not all, had him going later in the first round. They thought the Cubs reached. Plenty of non-pitchers get drafted without a certain position.

That's not true. Most, if not all, had him going later in the first round. They thought the Cubs reached. Plenty of non-pitchers get drafted without a certain position.
I certainly didn't have him on my radar while I was researching who they might take. I was :confused: when his name came up. Totally expected pitching with that pick.

I certainly didn't have him on my radar while I was researching who they might take. I was :confused: when his name came up. Totally expected pitching with that pick.
Baseball America had him mentioned in their blurb for that pick during their last 2014 mock. They had someone else as the Cubs pick, but said if he didn't go there he wouldn't go past 8th

Others had him later, but there are all sorts of room for later when you're talking 4th.

And why did others have him later? The bat alone was as good as their was in college last year. When you have that, especially with power, you warrant top of the draft class discussion. But he is a below average catcher with no real defensive position.

The only restraining order I'm concerned about in this thread is the one Kris Bryant had to take out on Annyong. #DreamBoat

According to my, and by my I mean Steamer, very crude WAR calculations the additions of Maddon (2.0?) Lester (3.6), Montero (2.3), Fowler (1.3), Hammel (1.9), a full season from Soler (2.2) and Baez (1.5), and a majority of the season from Bryant (3.0)equals:

91 wins.

Yes, Maddon is worth two wins.

According to my, and by my I mean Steamer, very crude WAR calculations the additions of Maddon (2.0?) Lester (3.6), Montero (2.3), Fowler (1.3), Hammel (1.9), a full season from Soler (2.2) and Baez (1.5), and a majority of the season from Bryant (3.0)equals:

91 wins.

Yes, Maddon is worth two wins.

If I order tickets online, is there an option to have them sent to me? What about ordering by telephone through The Cubs, will they send the tickets? I don't want to print out a sheet at home with 'the tickets' on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Man With No Name said:
If I order tickets online, is there an option to have them sent to me? What about ordering by telephone through The Cubs, will they send the tickets? I don't want to print out a sheet at home with 'the tickets' on it.
58 wins.

The Man With No Name said:
Yes, they will send you tickets

Users who are viewing this thread