What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs Fans - what are you most worried about? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Regular fans are chest thumping. Whatever.

What are you most worried about for your team Sunday?

PHI is such a complete team in all units....so it's kind of a total package thing....they don't have many/if any weaknesses....so thats #1

#2 ...health of KC WR's vs Slay/Bradbury....as much as we talk about Mahomes's ankle...really need JuJu and Toney at full speed....glad to see Watson back, he could be a sneaky factor, just sayin...

#3...while I agree with @ChiefD about both lines....I'm going to give KC's offensive line the benefit of the doubt and think they can step up to the challenge in this game....same with the defensive line, I think KC is going to try and make Hurts beat them through the air and try to stop the run....how good is that shoulder,...?...is it still dinged and something we will hear about later....I say make him beat us.....I know be careful what you asked for, but he seemed a little off in the last game....I'm wondering if it's something that will need attention after Sunday....hit him and hit him hard if he runs....

#4....which leads to Goedert...I think he could have a big game with YAC on TE screens/drags etc....I expect PHI to run a bunch of screens....and short routes to get the ball in Goedert's hands..

the key to me as always with games like this is turnovers...every possession is so valuable.....Mahomes is going to be pressured and needs to not force things if it's not there....throw it away and punt if we have to....give the defense a chance and no short fields for PHI....give Spags a chance to dial up some stuff...

and finally....who settles for FG's instead of getting TD's.....some teams put up 33+ points against PHI....they aren't unbeatable...

Not a Chiefs fan, but IMO their biggest concern is getting their run game going. If they become one dimensional the Eagles will have a substantial advantage. Pacheco/McKinnon have been decent, but decent might not be enough to scare the Eagles into creeping up at all.

That said, if any team can survive being one-dimensional and pass-happy, it's probably the Chiefs, so not necessarily a deal killer, but certainly detrimental.

Not a Chiefs fan, but IMO their biggest concern is getting their run game going. If they become one dimensional the Eagles will have a substantial advantage. Pacheco/McKinnon have been decent, but decent might not be enough to scare the Eagles into creeping up at all.

That said, if any team can survive being one-dimensional and pass-happy, it's probably the Chiefs, so not necessarily a deal killer, but certainly detrimental.
Agree.

The question will be if Reid has the patience to keep at it if it's not successful early.

I say: No.

But he should still stick with it anyway.

I also fear that Brown and Smith are going to draw some pretty significant penalties down the field against our young secondary as the WR's maybe adjust to throws that may not exactly be on target...
Yeah.

I just hope the NFL lets both teams play on Sunday and we don't get the endless illegal contact and defensive holding calls all day.

With Cheffers in charge I already know the answer.

I don't see the Chiefs being able to slow down the RPO game.
Chiefs will still score 27....but the Eagles will get to 31.

If, and only if, the KC defense can force Hurts to throw from inopportune down and distance scenarios, can they win.

The one weakness to Hurts's game is his consistency and accuracy of his throws in purely pocket situations.

and finally....who settles for FG's instead of getting TD's.....some teams put up 33+ points against PHI....they aren't unbeatable...
This really could be the difference either way. Sirianni attempted 32 4th down conversions while Andy attempted 12 in the regular season. Going for it on 4th down could absolutely backfire on the Eagles but I'm convinced the Eagles don't win 5 years ago if Doug was less aggressive.

Agree.

The question will be if Reid has the patience to keep at it if it's not successful early.

from a Philadelphia fan perspective, there literally is no funnier way for the Chiefs to win this game than to run the ball a lot and Andy use his timeouts wisely. the Philadelphia sports radio will go absolutely bonkers for a month if that happens

Agree.

from a Philadelphia fan perspective, there literally is no funnier way for the Chiefs to win this game than to run the ball a lot and Andy use his timeouts wisely. the Philadelphia sports radio will go absolutely bonkers for a month if that happens
Why? They were never critical of Reid's run game or time-out usage.

:sarcasm:

The Eagles running the ball right down KC's throat and keeping Mahomes off the field. Hurts ability to run the read option makes the PHI offense really hard to stop.

I also fear that Brown and Smith are going to draw some pretty significant penalties down the field against our young secondary as the WR's maybe adjust to throws that may not exactly be on target...
Yeah.

I just hope the NFL lets both teams play on Sunday and we don't get the endless illegal contact and defensive holding calls all day.

With Cheffers in charge I already know the answer.
If Mahomes is truly the QB that replaces TB12 in the ref's hearts, then he will get any and all calls if they get close to his "bum" ankle. That should mitigate any calls outside the lines. We'll see if the ref's love him or not.

Agree.

And the Chefs out RB rush the Eagles by 3 to 1 and the Eagles burn a timeout.

I guess I would say I'm most concerned about Philly getting into 3rd and short situations and extending drives. Their offense is very difficult to stop in those spots. 3rd and long gives KC edge.

The Eagles extended drives on 3rd/4th and short a bunch and kept the offense off the field, particularly in the 1h. What I didn’t mention but in retrospect should have was Hurts dropping dimes into 1 on 1 coverage. He balled out.

Users who are viewing this thread