What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (1 Viewer)

I'm hearing that Hillman starts, but I'm not worried about that. CJ will get his chance and there is a strong trend in his favor like ypc, his health, and break out runs. Indy is kinda soft on D, which sets up the perfect storm for rushing the football. In turn, it opens up some efficient passing for Peyton. Now D Thomas is another story. I traded him in for L Fitzgerald in a heavy TD scoring league. Sensing Denver D keeps them winning games, and Denver rushing game trending upward.

Will Luck be able to muster up a competitve game or will he press? I'm betting on the Denver D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hearing that Hillman starts, but I'm not worried about that. CJ will get his chance and there is a strong trend in his favor like ypc, his health, and break out runs. Indy is kinda soft on D, which sets up the perfect storm for rushing the football. In turn, it opens up some efficient passing for Peyton. Now D Thomas is another story. I traded him in for L Fitzgerald in a heavy TD scoring league. Sensing Denver D keeps them winning games, and Denver rushing game trending upward.

Will Luck be able to muster up a competitve game or will he press? I'm betting on the Denver D.
I think you are looking at this clearly although giving up Fitz seems crazy- I see the Broncos looking at the Patriots Colt film from earlier and late in that game Blount started to make things happen. Broncos D may not be so forgiving to Luck in garbage time in this one however so even more carries to CJ may be in store

I think it will be run heavy. I think both RBs will do pretty well, might be the randomness of TDs that pushes one more than the other. If Peyton/Elway have learned anything from the Pats, it should be how to beat the Colts by running through them. I have Luck and I'm benching him this week for Cousins, which should say something about my confidence in him, especially with Hilton likely out. That said, I am still starting Gore right now, which I don't like doing, but Denver has been much better against the pass. They are good against the run, but I think the Colts only chance is to get the run game going so Gore likely gets 20 touches. If he gets less that means the Colts are way behind and I think Luck is more likely to throw INTs than TDs.

Anyway, after all that, I just think that the Denver running game will be going well today.

Starting CJ in 1 league, and Hillman in the other both out of necessity and not playing over anyone of relevance.

I think it will be run heavy. I think both RBs will do pretty well, might be the randomness of TDs that pushes one more than the other. If Peyton/Elway have learned anything from the Pats, it should be how to beat the Colts by running through them. I have Luck and I'm benching him this week for Cousins, which should say something about my confidence in him, especially with Hilton likely out. That said, I am still starting Gore right now, which I don't like doing, but Denver has been much better against the pass. They are good against the run, but I think the Colts only chance is to get the run game going so Gore likely gets 20 touches. If he gets less that means the Colts are way behind and I think Luck is more likely to throw INTs than TDs.

Anyway, after all that, I just think that the Denver running game will be going well today.
Now I'm hearing that Anderson starts with Hillman splitting...

Riding the pine for me, but I now have MUCH better options as my backups have become full fledged #1's

DWill, West and Langford.

Starting Freeman and DWill this week.

But Arnie I'm having serious trouble here. Please give me more information about your bench to help me decide.
you really have nothing else to do in life but act like this in multiple threads? I'll give you a hint. Some of us use the information that people post about what they are doing for a player. If you don't then just ignore the posts, but I'm betting you're not as smart as you think.
dont feed the troll ...let him starve to death by ignoring him

But Arnie I'm having serious trouble here. Please give me more information about your bench to help me decide.
you really have nothing else to do in life but act like this in multiple threads? I'll give you a hint. Some of us use the information that people post about what they are doing for a player. If you don't then just ignore the posts, but I'm betting you're not as smart as you think.
Oh you must be talking about the thread where we are asked who we think the MVP is. And when I state my case for Rodgers, you people go ape #### because there is only one answer in Tom Brady. It's all about the stats. Is that the one?

Then, when you make your case for Cam Newton, it's more than acceptable (because he is a "key cog" and it's not all about stats).

Hypocrisy off the charts.

Oh you must be talking about the thread where we are asked who we think the MVP is. And when I state my case for Rodgers, you people go ape #### because there is only one answer in Tom Brady. It's all about the stats. Is that the one?

Then, when you make your case for Cam Newton, it's more than acceptable (because he is a "key cog" and it's not all about stats).

You really do enjoy being argumentative and confrontational ...its so strange what makes certain people tick

I don't appreciate false accusations and BS ...it's so strange what makes certain people do that.
but it seems you have issues with everyone all the time ...it must be everyone else thats the problem ..right?
Not at all, you are making stuff up again. Love this place. Especially reading differing opinions.

Seems like group-think is more your thing. There might be a frat board out there for you and stbugs to enjoy.

I don't appreciate false accusations and BS ...it's so strange what makes certain people do that.
but it seems you have issues with everyone all the time ...it must be everyone else thats the problem ..right?
Not at all, you are making stuff up again. Love this place. Especially reading differing opinions.

Seems like group-think is more your thing. There might be a frat board out there for you and stbugs to enjoy.
i dont follow all your posts ...but anytime i see one it turns into an argument with someone ...just an observation...maybe it just seems that way ad im a 100 % off

i dont follow all your posts ...but anytime i see one it turns into an argument with someone ...just an observation...maybe it just seems that way ad im a 100 % off
Fair enough. We can agree to disagree about this stuff or why we're here but let's move on. Good luck with CJ this afternoon and rest of year.

LOL, interesting how you quote only part of my post in your link. If you can't get how Newton is more important than his stats, then you don't get anything. The funny part is that I said above that that Cam wasn't the MVP.

Hey, guess what, you pissing in a thread has nothing to do with your opinion of Rodgers. It has to do with you being a ########.

Maybe try to just not be a #### in every thread. The MVP discussion was sort of interesting but then you have to get so defensive and act like a baby. As I said above, look at your post. Typical you. Lots of us normal people can ignore when people post TMI about their team. We also can use info from Evilgrin about how much he spent in his budget to gauge what other people in our league might do. That is sort of the point here. People express their opinions and you can ignore them or discuss them. You just want to get in a fight in every thread. This is the last time I'll respond to you as well. Silly.

Dammit, I have been holding these clowns all year hoping one would be worthwhile. For a little bit Hillman was. Now I am back to two piles of dogs sh!t on my team that I am too afraid to drop.

LOL, interesting how you quote only part of my post in your link. If you can't get how Newton is more important than his stats, then you don't get anything. The funny part is that I said above that that Cam wasn't the MVP.

Hey, guess what, you pissing in a thread has nothing to do with your opinion of Rodgers. It has to do with you being a ########.

Maybe try to just not be a #### in every thread. The MVP discussion was sort of interesting but then you have to get so defensive and act like a baby. As I said above, look at your post. Typical you. Lots of us normal people can ignore when people post TMI about their team. We also can use info from Evilgrin about how much he spent in his budget to gauge what other people in our league might do. That is sort of the point here. People express their opinions and you can ignore them or discuss them. You just want to get in a fight in every thread. This is the last time I'll respond to you as well. Silly.
You should be a writer.

Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses but I think CJ continues to take more of the lead dog in this and may have some value. It looks like he is ready to produce if the offense, mainly offense line can put him in a position to produce.....

CJ looked good when he got the touches. Him and the running game as a whole fell victim to game flow with the Broncos down 17-0 at half. Hold/buy on the cheap where you can.

CJ was the better RB today and looked like the CJA of last year, but I think Hillman was playing through a thigh injury. probably a 1A, 1B proposition.

Has anyone bought low recently? To my eye, he looks like a different guy than he did earlier this year... Still a timeshare but the way CJ played down the stretch last year makes you think he's got a solid talent advantage on Hillman.

Haven't bought low but I think he's turned a corner in terms of getting healthy and he does look like he did late last year.

Hillman has better speed but his frame isn't made to be a full-time RB #1. Last week when the Broncos fell behind 17-0 they went pass heavy so CJ had his lowest single game carry total (7) of the year. Hillman also had 7 carries but only cranked out 1 yard whereas CJ Anderson had 34 rushing yards on his 7 carries. I think the split will side more towards CJ going forward.

I would think he will see 11 or 12 carries Sunday but the matchup this week is not good.

The Broncos face KC and that isn't a good RB matchup. The Chiefs have only had two games where they have given up 100 yards rushing and on the year they've only given up 4 rushing TDs and all of those came in one game against the Bengals so this is a terrible matchup. Just not good.

Also saw this stat from Gil Brandt where both CJ Anderson and Ronnie Hillman are 2 of the top 8 RBs in the NFL in terms of getting stuffed before they have a chance to run the ball so that obviously shows the Broncos O-Line is a big issue.

----------------------

.Gil Brandt@Gil_Brandt 17h17 hours ago

RB w/ highest stuff % Crowell 29% Forsett 26% Lynch 26% McCoy 26% Andrews 26% CJ.Anderson 26% A.Peterson 25% Hillman 25%

I need a Lewis replacement and Anderson is on my bid list. I have zero confidence in him right now and actually feel better about Riddick but Anderson did look much better than Hillman last week (although the fantasy results stunk) so maybe he has turned the corner. I just wish Peyton threw to his RBs like he used to. But Anderson has only topped two receptions in a game twice so he's worthless for a little extra production in PPR. Really not sure what there is to hang your hat on with him besides his 2014 production and the hope that he'll regain that form.

I guess Bloom has DEN RB CJ Anderson ranked high and he was asked why and he explains by saying he is over a toe injury which is something I did not know but suspected. He also states the Broncos are re-evaluating their backfield because they are going to have to run more now due to QB Peyton Manning having an injured foot and tops it off by saying that CJ is playing better than Hillman.

Good stuff and information that CJ owners or people needing a RB and were targeting CJ Anderson would probably like to know.

-------------

.fantasyjohnny@fantasyjohnny 3h3 hours ago

@SigmundBloom why so high on cj anderson?

.Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom 3h3 hours ago

Sigmund Bloom Retweeted fantasyjohnny

1) over toe inj

2) DEN said re-evaling RB1

3) DEN need to run more w Peyton hobbled

4) CJ outplayed Hillman wk8/9

I guess Bloom has DEN RB CJ Anderson ranked high and he was asked why and he explains by saying he is over a toe injury which is something I did not know but suspected. He also states the Broncos are re-evaluating their backfield because they are going to have to run more now due to QB Peyton Manning having an injured foot and tops it off by saying that CJ is playing better than Hillman.

Good stuff and information that CJ owners or people needing a RB and were targeting CJ Anderson would probably like to know.

-------------

.fantasyjohnny@fantasyjohnny 3h3 hours ago

@SigmundBloom why so high on cj anderson?

.Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom 3h3 hours ago

Sigmund Bloom Retweeted fantasyjohnny

1) over toe inj

2) DEN said re-evaling RB1

3) DEN need to run more w Peyton hobbled

4) CJ outplayed Hillman wk8/9
We're going to get something out of him yet.

Ok, so for you guys who have both who are you going w this week?
I don't have both, but I am seeing CJ trending up and Hillman slightly down. Forecast is about a 60/40 split in favor of CJ. It's his for the taking. Losing Bell, and Gore on bye means I either start CJ or Matt Jones, who also has a decent matchup this week, but so far I am leaning towards starting Anderson as my #2 RB this week. Contrarian play in DFS too!

Ok, so for you guys who have both who are you going w this week?
I don't have both, but I am seeing CJ trending up and Hillman slightly down. Forecast is about a 60/40 split in favor of CJ. It's his for the taking. Losing Bell, and Gore on bye means I either start CJ or Matt Jones, who also has a decent matchup this week, but so far I am leaning towards starting Anderson as my #2 RB this week. Contrarian play in DFS too!
I have Hilman but not CJ. Lets just say that I wish I had CJ and not Hilman. CJ looks much better than Hilman now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hillman 7 for 19 in the first half. Terribly ineffective. Anderson has played better the last 2 weeks and has ZERO carries and the team is losing badly. What gives? I don't get it.

Just traded those two Denver RBs and AJ Green for Maclin and Ivory. I'm just happy to have those guys off my roster and to have a real starting RB.

Users who are viewing this thread