What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

3* 2 th9 using gowiwi with back side loon or hogs...so what do I do...upgrade hounds to start back at wow I suck level.

Pigskin Fanatic said:
culdeus said:
rascal said:
3* 2 th9 using gowiwi with back side loon or hogs...so what do I do...upgrade hounds to start back at wow I suck level.
You know when Gohowiwi has turned a corner when people now accuse those of using that as being modders.
i think rascal is definitely modding. i mean 2 3 star attacks, he should have stopped at 1 and I may have believed it.
Lol...i excel when people have lowered their expectations

I've augmented my GoWiPe army to the following composition for attacks on strong TH9s:

2 Golem

2 Pekka

11 Wizards

8 Wallbreakers

10 Hogs

4 quake

2 heal

1 poison

Removed witches, lessened wallbreakers, removed rage, slightly lessened wizards

Added quake, poison, hogs

Early results have been positive. Obviously this is just the base army, I may augment further based on TH I'm attacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've augmented my GoWiPe army to the following composition for attacks on strong TH9s:

2 Golem

2 Pekka

11 Wizards

8 Wallbreakers

10 Hogs

4 quake

2 heal

1 poison

Early results have been positive. Obviously this is just the base army, I may augment further based on TH I'm attacking.
1. What are your troop levels?

2. What is typically in your CC?

3. What is your typical release order?

4. What do you target with heal?

1. What are your troop levels?

2. What is typically in your CC?

3. What is your typical release order?

4. What do you target with heal?
troops are all maxed for TH9

I usually get a maxed golem in my CC

release orders is golems/king/pekkas/breakers/heal/quake/wizards/hogs

I target pekkas/golems for heal

ETA: I like using the hogs on the flanks for hard to get to compartments or have them target xbows.

2 Golem

2 Pekka

11 Wizards

8 Wallbreakers

10 Hogs

4 quake

2 heal

1 poison

I don't like using pekkas, too inconsistent. I like the following

3 lvl 4 golems

12-16 wiz

8+ and

Cc filled with ks

2 rage and either eq or jump

Poison

2 Golem

2 Pekka

11 Wizards

8 Wallbreakers

10 Hogs

4 quake

2 heal

1 poison

3 lvl 4 golems

12-16 wiz

8+ and

Cc filled with ks

Poison
yeah, I like the 3 golems approach however that's a lot of dark. I try to keep war a profitable venture from a dark perspective.

also, I feel like poison has partially removed the need for a kill squad

2 Golem

2 Pekka

11 Wizards

8 Wallbreakers

10 Hogs

4 quake

2 heal

1 poison

3 lvl 4 golems

12-16 wiz

8+ and

Cc filled with ks

Poison
yeah, I like the 3 golems approach however that's a lot of dark. I try to keep war a profitable venture from a dark perspective.

also, I feel like poison has partially removed the need for a kill squad
i'm usually desperate for gold/elixer

like ks for the witch aspect...helps keep wiz alive

Apparently I forgot how to raid without an aq...what troop combo for de/gold hunting with no aq
21 Giants 10 WB's 34 Barbs 50 something archers.

Look for TH8's, or TH9's without many compartments, low level walls, and lvl 1 bows.
I use 10 giants, 8 wbs ~77 archers & barbs. If you sprinkle the giants around and use them like fullbacks, the barch will get all the collectors in a few seconds.

f you sprinkle the giants around and use them like fullbacks, the barch will get all the collectors in a few seconds.
This may all be common knowledge, but...

If you have Giants tanking while troops loot outside collectors -- Goblins are a better choice. Especially if there are multiple collectors lined up near each other. Two giants and 10 gobs can do 3 collectors, and you don't have to worry if there are other trash buildings around since the gobs will path to resources.

Also I've had a lot of luck using 40-50 barbs once there's a funnel in place and the walls are opened. Get them moving into the opening and rage the BK in the middle of them. They can clear out a compartment and get through the next wall. So I go with 75 barbs and maybe 30 archers when I want to get into the core.

videos where people use quake for farming with giants and gobs looks extremely effective and doesn't require an AQ. Depends on what you are farming I guess and whether you care about trophies.

yep looks like everyone on reddit pissed off, about what I don't know
Here it is in a nutshell

• RCS formed before wars when everyone was just farmers and casual
  • Wars started and different clans got war focused and for awhile everything was nice because basically every clan on the planet sucked
  • Then people got better at wars and realized you need feeders to be a top war clan. Reddit mods said no.
  • 3 or 4 of the best Reddit clans left RCS and formed their own feeder networks
  • Remaining reddit clans pushed for and were granted the right to make feeders, but this didn't sit well with two of the mods so they killed the idea after it was published.
  • Now it looks like reddit will split in half, a war sub and a non-war sub.
I think I get what some of the mods are saying. If you let, lets say Reddit XYZ have a feeder, where does this come from if not from established RCS clans. you would end up with a talent drain from casual clans to serious clans feeder systems. Alot of the reddit clans are pretty ####ty now, most super serious war people have left to get in a serious network with a defined ladder. The reddit clan shuke faced (Reddit Epsilon) was god awful.

I think it pisses people off that the very top end war clans are not at all affiliated with RCS. RCS isn't even thought in the same category as WHF, OH, TBL, Deebo, Kara, etc. Some just don't care.

It's also fun to watch stuff burn sometimes so you have people there for the implosion.

Isn't Reddit just a big message board? How can mods dictate what clash players and clans do?
It's a big boost to recruitment. People come to reddit and see the"official" clans and see which ones fit their needs and apply.

Not everywhere has a user base big enough to support even a decent size war clan.

So you follow the rules or you don't get listed on the webpage.

Apparently 30 clans have joined and left the rcs at one point or another.

I will point out that the last 12 hours have seen perhaps 12 out of my 20 biggest loot grabs ever.

I'm seeing lots of dead bases now in the 3200 range. People gemmed collectors and are maybe picking them up, but then forgetting and getting barched, or whatever and their xbow/it are burned out.

And it's happening on 5 or 6 nexts, not like 100. And these are horribad bases too.

Shuke had multiple 700/700+ raids in silver also.

The last few days of this boost are going to be insane.

I have been the exact opposite. Nexting 100 times and not finding much of anything different than non boost

There's one interesting possibility to come out of this RCS situation that pertains to us, specifically.

They are strongly considering doing networks for the purpose of forming arranged matches every other week or month or somewhere on a defined interval. There is even thought of a tournament.

IF we wanted we could very likely enter into a network and send a SEAL team over to do some very high end warring and raise our skills, and play with the best of the best and return.

Clash.Tools specifically is being built with the idea of forming networks with the idea of making arranged matches easier and I've already been approached loosely to see what the hell our deal is.

There's one interesting possibility to come out of this RCS situation that pertains to us, specifically.

They are strongly considering doing networks for the purpose of forming arranged matches every other week or month or somewhere on a defined interval. There is even thought of a tournament.

IF we wanted we could very likely enter into a network and send a SEAL team over to do some very high end warring and raise our skills, and play with the best of the best and return.

Clash.Tools specifically is being built with the idea of forming networks with the idea of making arranged matches easier and I've already been approached loosely to see what the hell our deal is.
We took how long to get fbgs fully staffed and you want to try and break it up again? SHAME.....SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

We took how long to get fbgs fully staffed and you want to try and break it up again? SHAME.....SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!
That's not at all what would happen. What we would do is enter in to a network with maybe 8 or more clans. We'd register our players and war weights and they would occasionally setup matches. Some inside the network, some outside the network. Then the participants come back when it was over.

Wouldn't be a feeder, just a way for some of us to get more exposure to super elite play outside of what SMN brings to the table. (apologies to anyone offended).

Could be a way to get SMN twitch famous.

Raiding has been absolutely crazy lately. Got my first 1,000,000 loot last night.
we should turn this into a contest

i think my highest is 700/700/5k i have the screenshot somewhere
Do you count loot bonus or not? I think it should be counted; but I know some would disagree.

Counting the bonus, and assuming 1 DE = 100 g/e, I had a 1.99MM score yesterday, which is probably my highest.

Prior to AQ40 though, I raided exclusively for DE (i.e., I'd next over bases like 550/550/1k etc.)

I still have the screen shot from probably a year ago at 500 trophies that was like 900/700/3k. It's on my iPad I'll check it when I get home. Still my biggest ever

EDIT: Just found on iPhone. It was 917016 / 599819 / 1963

Still haven't hit a 7000 de score yet this boost, but at least 3 maybe more got 6500 with the bonus

Loot cap + 3 max boosted drills running 12+hrs + war loot would probably be needed.

Raiding has been absolutely crazy lately. Got my first 1,000,000 loot last night.

Do you count loot bonus or not? I think it should be counted; but I know some would disagree.

Counting the bonus, and assuming 1 DE = 100 g/e, I had a 1.99MM score yesterday, which is probably my highest.

Prior to AQ40 though, I raided exclusively for DE (i.e., I'd next over bases like 550/550/1k etc.)
thats crazy

I still have the screen shot from probably a year ago at 500 trophies that was like 900/700/3k. It's on my iPad I'll check it when I get home. Still my biggest ever

that gold is redic. dont think ive seen gold higher than 800 before

thats crazy
It's only a slight amount more than the 1.9MM you mentioned which doesn't count your loot bonus, if you had one.

Raiding in champs3 means your floor is 480k (180k / 180k / 1.2k). My raid was something like (480k/420k/6.2k) on top of that floor.

Just making sure we're comparing apples to apples.

I guess the theoretical lootcapped boost drill capped champs raid comes in at 5400?

Lootcap 3000

Bonus 1200

Drills 1200? (12hrs boosted drills from empty x3)

Still haven't hit a 7000 de score yet this boost, but at least 3 maybe more got 6500 with the bonus

Loot cap + 3 max boosted drills running 12+hrs + war loot would probably be needed.
Unless there is war loot in CC, the max DE you can get from a base is 7050. I've gotten it once.

that gold is redic. dont think ive seen gold higher than 800 before
I haven't either, but I've heard about a raid that Clayton did once that had over 1 million gold.

I guess the theoretical lootcapped boost drill capped champs raid comes in at 5400?

Lootcap 3000

Bonus 1200

max from full L6 drills is 4050 (75% of 1800 x 3)
Well, I meant someone empties boosted drills, logs off then 12 hours later their shield expires and are now lootable. I think 1200 is right for that, but Ill be honest I don't really understand what's lootable from drills.

Lootcap 3000

Bonus 1200

max from full L6 drills is 4050 (75% of 1800 x 3)
Well, I meant someone empties boosted drills, logs off then 12 hours later their shield expires and are now lootable. I think 1200 is right for that, but Ill be honest I don't really understand what's lootable from drills.
I just told you :P . 75% is lootable from drills. A boosted L6 drill takes only 9 hours to fill completely from empty. 4050 if you get all three drills.

Users who are viewing this thread