What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

I got fairly cute with my base and went opposite the recommendations I made to everyone for air bombs. Superbase fell to a max Laloon.

It was a good run. Took at least 50 attacks, maybe 70 for all I know to take her down.

:RIP:
Pretty disappointing to see such a generic spam attack get the job done.

Command decision was made and yank put the 3rd star on 39. He was built, ZZ still has a raiding party in camp with 4.5 hours left.

I scraped out 2 on their 6.

Their may be snipe opportunity on the remaining TH10s - but its been so long since I sniped for a star that I'm not sure.

I got fairly cute with my base and went opposite the recommendations I made to everyone for air bombs. Superbase fell to a max Laloon.

It was a good run. Took at least 50 attacks, maybe 70 for all I know to take her down.

:RIP:
Pretty disappointing to see such a generic spam attack get the job done.
What was wild was when all the hounds were dead all 4 anti air still were alive. That never, ever, ever leads to a 3 star. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen quite like that. And I've watched a lot of hound raids.

Really, it was my fault and I brought it on myself by max guarding the AA that were not by the queen. I thought the max aa would be able to hold it's own and i could pop hounds as they moved onwards. As it turns out they never even got to that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting to crunch time

Base - Has - Needs - Who - What

TH10 need to add between 11 and 13 stars below or pull in TH9 to do the job.

1 - 0 - 1 - TBD - TBD

2 - 0 - 1 - TBD TBD

3 - 0 - 2 - TBD - Air imo

4 - 0 - 2 - TBD - Air imo

Between 7 and 11 need 2 more stars somewhere. All of these have 1.

12 - 3 - 1 - TBD - CB Laloon imo

13 - 3 - 1- TBD - CB Laloon imo

17 - 1 - 2 - TBD - May settle for ground 2

18 - 1- 2 - TBD - May settle for ground 2

23 - 0 - 3 - culdeus - Though a TH9 should be able to get this. Perhaps lomax

25 - 1 - 3 - Channing

27 - 1- 3 - Jordan

79 to 93 now

Need to focus on getting to 95 the above gets us to 100. Albeit with some super clutch attacking.
updated for the moment

small setbacks but we still are in this.
updated - it's tight but we are in this.

Who is left

Aiden - Max Laloon

VA - Max Laloon

SML - Max Ground TH9 laloon

Fudd - Max Ground

culdeus - 9.5 Laloon

Channing - TH9.5 Laloon with L2 hounds 5 spells

instinct - TH9 Laloon

Darth TH9 Laloon

Joe - TH9 Laloon

Joe - TH9 Laloon

Sky - TH9 Laloon

MDD - TH9 Laloon

Lowmax - TH9 Laloon

Odin - Snipe

ZZ - Snipe

Witz - Snipe

Witz - Snipe

Jordan - TH9 Laloon

JJ - Snipe

Instinctive, Joe and Witz... please report to the courtesy phone. Thanks!
I'm a little disappointed with our communication. I checked in multiple times on prep day, was told to wait. Assignments given on forum didn't include me either.

Then today I checked in every 30 minutes or so and was consistently told to hold off.

Usually our coordination is a strength. But we let some stuff slip through the cracks this time and I think it hurt us some.

Anyway, building another LaLoon. Let me know who to hit with it. No AQ though.

Any particular TH10 look easier to a lavaloon?

They all look daunting to me.

Instinctive, Joe and Witz... please report to the courtesy phone. Thanks!
I'm a little disappointed with our communication. I checked in multiple times on prep day, was told to wait. Assignments given on forum didn't include me either.

Then today I checked in every 30 minutes or so and was consistently told to hold off.

Usually our coordination is a strength. But we let some stuff slip through the cracks this time and I think it hurt us some.

Anyway, building another LaLoon. Let me know who to hit with it. No AQ though.
We had plenty of time. I had ~3 hrs I was out of pocket so not sure all the details. We probably needed you to hold of because we might need a strong laloon vs. a th10 we have 1 or 0 on to add a star late.

If you or anyone needs to fire fast and get moving then make sure you say so.

A ton depends on channing and darth executing on the two 0 star TH9.We get 6 there then we can start getting aggressive.

what trophy range would you guys recommend for th10? My th10 finished upgrading last night and I'm struggling finding loot at my level (1600)

More I play the worse I get - much like my golf game. Extremely frustrating.

Might just take an extended leave soon.

Thank God it's Thirsty Thursday !

3 up to 18 is 87 - takes 4 attacks

3 up to 15 is 91 - takes 2 more

At that point we need 4 TH10 stars and we can do that in 2 attacks.

It can happen but this might require VA hitting a TH9 to do it.

I've got max laloon cooked. Point me to a base, o wise ones.

I've got max laloon cooked. Point me to a base, o wise ones.
I don't see a way this works without you nailing 4 for 2. Or you can pick any of the th10 and turn 1 into 3.

Well that war takes us out of the running for a quick L5 upgrade. :kicksrock:

We stand 729 away. 3*210 +99 = 3100 so really we could just fart and fall down and make it in 4 wars and even at a size of 50 we don't have a way of making there any faster.

Great time to come take a peek and see us dominate TH9.

Well that war takes us out of the running for a quick L5 upgrade. :kicksrock:

We stand 729 away. 3*210 +99 = 3100 so really we could just fart and fall down and make it in 4 wars and even at a size of 50 we don't have a way of making there any faster.

Great time to come take a peek and see us dominate TH9.
I may stop in for the next war. Quattro kicked off with out me. :rant:
We went ahead and insta-started. We are still off sync from the doublexp. Plan is to get on schedule after end of next week.

Drew another korean clan 107 wins. 16 TH10s and max TH9 down to base 27 of 40.

Their heroes blow, haven't looked at their offenses really.

If there was ever a time to do +5 in Quattro, it would be this war. We're likely to have a lot of trouble with their TH8s and they have 4 or 5 more of them than we do.

Everyone with L3 hounds that is attacking th9s watch the attacks on me and culd from last war. I think we are trying to get a little to fancy with them.

Take 4 hounds rest skulls and wreck shop. Nothing a th9 can do.

Everyone with L3 hounds that is attacking th9s watch the attacks on me and culd from last war. I think we are trying to get a little to fancy with them.

Take 4 hounds rest skulls and wreck shop. Nothing a th9 can do.
wow, looks like a regular raid of mine and much easier.

:subscribe:

I also don't really see how those raids won't get an easy 2 on most th10. Most of the struggles I see are people either over focusing on the th or getting too cute.

Most raids if the queen is not what is killing the th you aren't getting 2 on a th10.

Blast in with air. Hold the queen till its clear. Let her get 2. The big ground and pound save for the top 5 bases imo.

For a tiny example look at how I did their 4 last war. That was after 3 other 0 star raids. Clear the path, let her out. Done. No skill required.

[SIZE=22pt]FBGS War Strategery v5.0[/SIZE]

Current Situation: TH9 are now TH8, we can 3 star them with ease. TH10 are an issue and we need to have the right people in the right spots to succeed. To accomplish this while we have nearly all our members in some state of transition people will be grouped into teams.

The 1985 Bears - Fudd, CJay, Jrk, Ron

Assigned bases and goal – 1, 2, 3, 4 for 5 total stars

Special note:If practical, allow lower members to snipe bases to free up more shots from these guys as needed.

The 1999 St. Louis Rams - VA, Jason, Doc

Assigned bases and goal – 5, 6, 7, 8 for 7 total stars

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys – Aiden, SML, Culdeus

9, 10, 11, 12 for 9 total stars

From here there will be from 3 to 6 TH10 left unassigned. These are for freelancing and second attacks once the top 12 bases are dealt with and we know whether 2 is good enough or we need to shoot for 3 stars or bust and for people to come in and ask stuff like "So we got a plan for 13 yet?"

The 1989 San Fransico 49ers – SMN, Shammy, Acer, Scott

The first 6 TH9 on the board for 18 total stars. For those counting at home that’s 3 on all of them.

The 1993 Buffalo Bills – Tam, Zub, Channing

The 7th – 9th TH9 on the board for 9 total stars. Again, 3 stars on all these. No wide right, tia.

This is where things get complicated. This puts our top 17 responsible for what should be the top 25 bases +/- 3. This will NOT always break down quite like this.

From instinct (or whomever our first TH9 is) and on down the goal is +5 no matter what (Bottom 5 FCFS like always). If you overlap with our tiers the +5 TH9 has priority. If there is a gap (unlikely) we will treat it like the TH10 gap and address it on second attacks.

Work within your teams to figure out who wants what base. Stay in your range until you get your goal.

The 1992 Dallas Cowboys – Aiden, SML, Culdeus

9, 10, 11, 12 for 9 total stars

This is where things can get dicey. I'm demanding one 3 star in here and the rest 2s. I think the three of us are up to the task. :hifive: ?

Here's how I see this going. Aiden calls his two very best shots at 3 stars pre-war. SML, you and i split the other two bases for first attack and then back up aiden if he misses on either 3 star with 1 or 0 when he's done.

Sound good? I'll have max golems soon and will start L4 freeze soon so not long before I'm able to run fairly legit CBLaLoon for 3 also.

Why not punt the first 4 bases? So this war the tiers would be

16, 15, 14 , 13

12, 11, 10, 9

8, 7, 6, 5

In our winning wars we've been able to snipe the top 4 very successfully so why aim for 5 stars there when we can get 4 pretty easily. Also allows the th10 practice on the weaker th10 until everyone is more comfortable. Besides for that and being on the damn 9ers, I'm on board.

Why not punt the first 4 bases? So this war the tiers would be

16, 15, 14 , 13

12, 11, 10, 9

8, 7, 6, 5

In our winning wars we've been able to snipe the top 4 very successfully so why aim for 5 stars there when we can get 4 pretty easily. Also allows the th10 practice on the weaker th10 until everyone is more comfortable. Besides for that and being on the damn 9ers, I'm on board.
I'm seeing a trend where we are not able to snipe the top 5 bases. I'm looking for a shuke snipe and i don't see one until base 7 this go round. That being said if the top tier can get a snipe then that counts for their goal. I should have added that and will edit it accordingly.

=Smackdown= said:
More I play the worse I get - much like my golf game. Extremely frustrating.

Might just take an extended leave soon.

Thank God it's Thirsty Thursday !
Nooooooo! V5 of our Rules of Engagement will help. Stay with us man!

So this war, for example leaves 13-16 with no assigned first attack and then Instinct picks up at 23 as a +5 where the last team would start.

So Zub/Tam/Channing are welcome to hit 13-16 or wait to cleanup for +5 or take punts from inst/hhh/dm as they come.

Ladies and Gents

My 2nd single from my CoC Upcoming Album

"While My BK Gentle Sleeps"

NOTE: Very tough to play and remember the lyrics I came up with at the same time here. Sorry it's not 5 stars musically. Also live in a townhome built in the 60s with thin walls. Have to keep my voice register higher to not be so loud. I don't want my neighbors hearing me sing this ####.

Hoping to put something together on the guitar for the next one.

"While My BK Gently Sleeps"

Ladies and Gents

My 2nd single from my CoC Upcoming Album

"While My BK Gentle Sleeps"

NOTE: Very tough to play and remember the lyrics I came up with at the same time here. Sorry it's not 5 stars musically. Also live in a townhome built in the 60s with thin walls. Have to keep my voice register higher to not be so loud. I don't want my neighbors hearing me sing this ####.

Hoping to put something together on the guitar for the next one.

Outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread