What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash Royale- New Time Waster (3 Viewers)

I like the skeleton hut.  It's just cheap enough that you can spam it on the other side of the river and it usually causes the other side to panic and do something dumb.

1080x1920.png.6ad317f803f14a44a5234550cb2760d9

My current deck right now, just so I can go back later and see how it changes:

Knight - Using mainly for defense. Good tank in counter situations

Skeletons - At 1 elixir, great for distraction or throw away card when needing something to cycle to the top

Baby Dragon - Will run behind knights for a nice run, also does well in defense/counterstrike

Skeleton Army - My favorite Giant defense or just for causing mass chaos

Fireball - Losing some luster as my other cards increase, using more for defense than offense. Of course it's a nice last second kill shot

Giant - Main attack piece (duh), will run dragon, knight and mainly musketeer behind

Musketeer - I have an unhealthy love for this card. Will run Giant/Musketeer whenever possible. Gets countered often, but when it gets a clear shot, can end the game.

Prince - finally got this SOB and love him. Will often try to run opposite of Giant/Musketeer rush.

Getting the basic strategy of wait and counter down, need to start finding some huts. Not spending any money yet, but tempted.

My current deck right now, just so I can go back later and see how it changes:

Knight - Using mainly for defense. Good tank in counter situations

Skeletons - At 1 elixir, great for distraction or throw away card when needing something to cycle to the top

Baby Dragon - Will run behind knights for a nice run, also does well in defense/counterstrike

Skeleton Army - My favorite Giant defense or just for causing mass chaos

Fireball - Losing some luster as my other cards increase, using more for defense than offense. Of course it's a nice last second kill shot

Giant - Main attack piece (duh), will run dragon, knight and mainly musketeer behind

Musketeer - I have an unhealthy love for this card. Will run Giant/Musketeer whenever possible. Gets countered often, but when it gets a clear shot, can end the game.

Prince - finally got this SOB and love him. Will often try to run opposite of Giant/Musketeer rush.

Getting the basic strategy of wait and counter down, need to start finding some huts. Not spending any money yet, but tempted.
Looks like too many high elixer cards.  I think it's important to have a good ballance of 3,4,5 elixer cost troops.

Looks like too many high elixer cards.  I think it's important to have a good ballance of 3,4,5 elixer cost troops.
My average Elixir cost is 3.8. What would be an acceptable average cost do you think? Thoughts on what to cut and add? I'm very open to suggestions. I have archers, goblins, Valkyrie, Bomber, Mini PEKKA, Spear Goblins, Goblin Hut, Arrows, Minions, Bomb Tower and Tombstone on my bench.

I am 15-4 in my activity log with this deck,

Giant lvl3, cost5- if in initial deck I drop deep, then follow up with knight / valk, then follow them with minnion, Archer, bomber, spears

Knight 6/3- usually after a giant, or paired with valk, sometimes.es to distract Prince or pekka, or attack giant

Valk 4/4- witch killer, decent for tanking. Best all around troop imo

Spear Goblins 6/2- I love these guys. Great to take out air troops attacking giant

Archer 6/3- I use them similar to spears

Minions 6/3- mostly D, or spamming on O if there is another troop taking hits.

Bomber 6/3- packs a hugebpunch, and kills skulls from witches well.  Also takes giant down fast

Fireball-4/4 - last hit on towers, defenses witches, musketeer

*possible substitutions*

Goblin hut for fireball or knight

Musketeer for archer or bomber

My average Elixir cost is 3.8. What would be an acceptable average cost do you think? Thoughts on what to cut and add? I'm very open to suggestions. I have archers, goblins, Valkyrie, Bomber, Mini PEKKA, Spear Goblins, Goblin Hut, Arrows, Minions, Bomb Tower and Tombstone on my bench.
The deck building video I watched said you wanted to be between 3.5 and 4.2 I think. You are right there. 

My main deck is this: Prince, Witch, Mini Pekka, Skulls, Musketeer, baby drag, archers and spear goblins. That puts me at 3.5

Like you, I was using the fireball and also the arrows. What I found was that I was waiting on those and they were always taking up two spots and I hardly used them. So I ditched them for archers and the mini pekka.

That deck is very competitive but does not match well against higher level troops. I usually try to play defensive and get my prince in when they are waiting on cards. Doesnt always work. But they play well off each other and gives me a nice air/land split.

I would maybe swap the dragon for minions.  Your avg isn't high, but the 1 skeletons are bringing it lower than it appears.  I'm not sure if there is a magic #, but that 1 takes a while to come back up.  Having a good mix allows you to have more flexibility during battle. 

I just started, so I don't know if this is the right approach, but when I have a card that seems to be superior to other similar cards, I can't seem to justify the "lesser" cards.

Example: I have the Prince- the knight or mini pekka never seems to make sense in the deck

Fireball is worth it over arrows for me

Spear goblins seem to be over archers every time although I can see an argument for both.

So my deck seems to always include Prince, Baby Drag, Giant, Fireball, Spear Gobs and Gob hut.

And I've been trying to figure out the last two spots between bomber, mins, musketeer, gobs, skeles, and valks.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/989275-Clash-Royale-Deck-Building-Guide

Deck Building Guide
Hey guys I’m Ash and this will be my Clash Royale guide on how to build a great deck. Building a good, well balanced deck is key for success in this game, so in this guide I’m going to break it down in simpler terms, giving you guys the “ingredients” of what’s needed to make a excellent deck. 

Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxkPGJqmvFk
Shortcut URL to this thread: http://tinyurl.com/deckguide (share with your clan mates!)

1. Synergy above allWhenever we’re talking about deck building, it’s always about synergy. You need every card to work alongside each other, and never because it’s a good card. Epic cards are great, but if you’re just using the epic cards solely because they’re “epic” cards, then you won’t have the success you're looking for. Building a good deck is about synergy, not rarity. 

2. Defense is just as important as Offense
Sure you need offense to destroy those Crown Towers and win, but you’re also going to need defense to defend your own towers. So your deck needs a great balance of defense and offense to be successful.

3. Balance of Point and Splash Damage Cards
There are two types of damage-inflicting cards in this game:

• Cards that deal “point” damage, which are cards that inflict damage to only one opposing unit (i.e. Musketeer targeting a Giant). Although, point attackers are limited to targeting one unit, they are the strongest damage-inflicting units in the game. Point-damaging cards are necessary for beating high HP troops.
  • Cards that deal “splash” damage, which are cards that inflict damage to multiple units (i.e. Witch targeting a Skeleton Army). While splash damaging units have the advantage of dealing damage to multiple opposing units, they deal among the lowest damage per second in the game. Splash-damaging cards are necessary for beating hordes of low HP troops.
4. Melee and Range Troops
You’re going to need a balance of melee and range troops. Ranged troops tend to have low HP but high DPS (damage per second), so it is important to combine them with melee troops in front of them to shield. Having too many melee troops make them susceptible to splash damage, so it’s important to combine them with ranged troops so that your melee troop shields as your ranged troop destroys the splash-damaging threat. 

5. An adequate ‘Average Elixir Cost’
Your average elixir cost is important. The best cards tend to have the greatest elixir cost. However, they take the longest to deploy because of their high elixir cost as you will need to wait longer to load up on elixir. 

So with these 5 key elements in mind I’ve devised a simple guideline or “ingredients” that are necessary for a well balanced deck:
Your deck should have….

1. An ‘Average Elixir Cost’ that’s between 3.7 to 4.5It’s a good idea to have an average elixir cost that’s between 3.7 and 4.5. You will find that you’re struggling to constantly deploy your cards if your cost is higher than this. While if your average elixir cost is below 3.7, then you’ll find that although you are able to deploy many cards quickly, you’re struggling against splash-damaging threats as the lowest elixir cost cards tend to be the troops with the lowest Hit Points.

2. At least 2 point damage-inflicting cards. 
Although hordes of low HP troops are able to quickly destroy high HP cards, they are quickly eradicated by splash damage. Thus, point damage-inflicting cards are important for controlling high HP cards. Here are some examples of point damage-inflicting cards:

• Musketeer (range)
  • Prince (melee)
  • Spear Goblins (range)
  • Knight (melee)
  • Archers (range)
  • Pekka or Mini Pekka (melee)
  • Minions/Minion Horde (flying range)
  • Barbarians (melee)
  • Cannon
  • Tesla
  • X-bow
  • Inferno Tower
3. At least 3 splash damage-inflicting cards. Splash damage inflicting cards are very important for controlling large hordes of troops. Here are some examples of splash damage-inflicting cards:

• Arrows
  • Fireball
  • Witch
  • Baby Dragon
  • Valkyrie
  • Bomber
  • Wizard
  • Giant Skeleton (aftermath bomb damage)
  • Bomb Tower
  • Mortar
  • Rocket
  • Lightning
  • Zap
4. At least 2 high HP cards. Either a troop or defense with at least 1000 HP. Having cards with high HP are necessary to soak damage from splash damaging threats. Some examples of high HP cards:

• Giant
  • Prince
  • Goblin Hut
  • Bomb Tower
  • Barbarian Hut
  • Pekka
  • Giant Skeleton
  • Golem
  • Cannon
  • X-Bow
  • Inferno Tower
5. At least 2 air-targeting troops/defense. You will need multiple ways of dealing with aerial attackers that use troops such as the Baby Dragon or Balloon. Examples of air-targeting cards:

• Archers
  • Musketeer
  • Spear Goblins
  • Minions / Minion Horde
  • Witch
  • Baby Dragon
  • Wizard
  • Tesla
  • X-Bow
  • Inferno Tower
6. At least 1 splash damage-inflicting Spell card. Although troops that deal splash damage can control large hordes of troops, their range and coverage is limited. Thus, it’s important to have a splash-damaging card such as Arrows so that you are able to inflicting a large radius of splash in any given area. For example, your Bomber that does splash is behind your Giant but your opponent deploys a Goblin Barrel onto one of your weakened Towers. Thus, it’s important to have that ability with a card like Arrows to quickly destroy those Goblins to protect your Tower. These damage-inflicting spell cards are also excellent for taking down weakened Crown Towers. Examples of splash damage-inflicting Spell cards:

• Arrows
  • Fireball
  • Rocket
  • Lightning
  • Zap
7. At least 1 defensive structure. Huts such as a Tombstone or Goblin Huts or defenses such as an Inferno Tower or Hidden Tesla are excellent for slowing down the pace of the game so that you can continue to load up on elixir and defend. As long as you have your Crown Towers protected, you only need to destroy one more Crown Tower than your opponent to win. So having at least 1 defensive structure to protect your Towers is very important. Examples of defensive structures:

• Goblin Hut
  • Tombstone
  • Barbarian Hut
  • Bomb Tower
  • Cannon
  • Tesla
  • X-Bow
  • Inferno Tower
  • Mortar

An example of my deck:

k3xEod0.png

• My ‘Average Elixir Cost’ is 4.3, which is pretty good.
  • I have two high point damage inflicting troops in Prince and Muskeeter with decent HP so I can destroy high HP units without having to worry about splash damage spell cards taking them out.
  • I have a Baby Dragon, Arrows, and a Fireball that deal splash damage, so I have multiple ways to control swarms or hordes of troops.
  • I have a Giant, Prince, and an Inferno Tower that all have very decent HP so I can couple them with my Muskeeter or Baby Dragon to deal either point damage and/or splash damage behind them.
  • I have an Inferno Tower, Muskeeter, and a Baby Dragon to deal both point and splash damage to air targets.
  • I have Arrows and a Fireball so I can freely inflict splash damage anywhere on the field to eradicate hordes or finish off a weakened Tower.
  • I have an Inferno Tower to defend my Crown Towers from opposing high HP troops with heavy point damage.
  • I also have a Skeleton Army to either eat away or slow down or distract troops. It can be used for both offense and defense.
And this is why I am having a lot of success with this deck as you can see from the pictures from my recent attack log below. Of course I’m not going to be able to push to the top of the leaderboards just yet since the level of my cards are still very low (I also haven’t bought any gems to speed up my progress), so I have a long way to go as the level of your cards are also very important. So save up your gold and when you have that balanced deck, prioritize upgrading those cards in your deck.

Enlarged view: 
http://imgur.com/a/elNtB

xDbpKEQ.jpg

So thank you for reading and I hope this guide was helpful to you. I will be writing and making video guides and tutorials for Clash Royale, so if you liked this, then be sure to follow and support me by subscribing tomy YouTube channel and Twitter. Thanks!

I got a magic chest, two silver, and a gold open in the last 12 hours or so along with some free ones and the crown ones so I'm having to digest a lot of new stuff.  

The magic chest gave me like 120 barb hut cards, enough to get it up to Level 5, so I'm trying to find a way to use it in every single deck.  That hut if I can get it down early just dominates one lane, then set another one at 1:00 and I'm in business.

The decks acer build are my kryptonite.  He just has a bunch of low spammy stuff and holds his drags and knights till he thinks he's wiped out your elixer stockpile.  That's a great 1v1 friendly strat imo.  I need to be more focused around that.  I think you do have the bandwidth to have one super expensive card, but just one, because it might sit there for ages.

Basically I think I'm locked in every time to

BarbHut+GoblinBarrell+prince  - It's the other 5 that I could go a few different ways.  

I haven't seen a single defensive tower card that has any appeal at all.  When I watch the high level wars the guys that use those tend to lose too so I'm wondering if they are underpowered.  

I just started, so I don't know if this is the right approach, but when I have a card that seems to be superior to other similar cards, I can't seem to justify the "lesser" cards.

Example: I have the Prince- the knight or mini pekka never seems to make sense in the deck

Fireball is worth it over arrows for me

Spear goblins seem to be over archers every time although I can see an argument for both.

So my deck seems to always include Prince, Baby Drag, Giant, Fireball, Spear Gobs and Gob hut.

And I've been trying to figure out the last two spots between bomber, mins, musketeer, gobs, skeles, and valks.
How is this possible?

I got a magic chest, two silver, and a gold open in the last 12 hours or so along with some free ones and the crown ones so I'm having to digest a lot of new stuff.  

The magic chest gave me like 120 barb hut cards, enough to get it up to Level 5, so I'm trying to find a way to use it in every single deck.  That hut if I can get it down early just dominates one lane, then set another one at 1:00 and I'm in business.

The decks acer build are my kryptonite.  He just has a bunch of low spammy stuff and holds his drags and knights till he thinks he's wiped out your elixer stockpile.  That's a great 1v1 friendly strat imo.  I need to be more focused around that.  I think you do have the bandwidth to have one super expensive card, but just one, because it might sit there for ages.
Kind of my strategy and it works pretty well so far. I have archers, spearchuckers (love these guys), bombers as my quick spammers. Drop a goblin hut early (same thought as yours, just fills the lane with stuff), valk to take down hordes and as a good stopper, musketeer for flying stuff, either knight or dragon depending on which account I'm playing and the big skele or a witch as the topper.

If the cards fall right, I drop the goblin hut first, witch/skele, valk or spammers to cover for the epic card and can usually pull one from the start. After that it's defense with occasional shots at offense until the final 60 then go kitchen sink.

Saw this over on reddit about the gem for box thing.

Maybe they thought they could/would siphon off too many COC players if they made it sort of unlimited play.  By capping play they don't siphon off too many loyal coc players?

Got smoked with a knight, drag, valk, minion, minion horde, skull army deck.  He also had rocket & Tesla, but didn't use Tesla.

He would swarm my Giants with minions & skull army, my spears/arch/bomber couldn't clean them off of him fast enough. 

Got smoked with a knight, drag, valk, minion, minion horde, skull army deck.  He also had rocket & Tesla, but didn't use Tesla.

He would swarm my Giants with minions & skull army, my spears/arch/bomber couldn't clean them off of him fast enough. 
This is why the giant sits on the bench for me, he has no ability to defend himself. Giant skele will duke it out with any ground force and if they beat him, he leaves a nice present that tends to wipe them out anyhow. You obviously have to have that card but I take the big boy over the giant any day

I know this couldn't happen bc no one wants to sit there for 10 minutes, but would have been cool if it was best out of three. You could swap decks or even cards into your deck. That is how it used to be when I played yu gi oh

Do the goblins from the goblin hut get stronger by upgrading goblins? Or do we have to upgrade only the hut?

Was dying tonight with my all hut deck vs people. No better than 50% but was entertaining seeing people struggle

I was in a middle of a match on my phone when my mom called and distracted my game. The opponent was taunting me, thinking he was gonna win via AFK. Then I spammed all my best troops and rolled him in 25 seconds. LOL

Giant/pekka combo is beastly if you can get it off when they are low on elix. 

Love the skelly horde epic card too.

Really like this game. Tons of fun.

I have been experimenting with swapping the giant for barbs.  They can almost be used the same way.

How much would you pay in coins to get rid of a chest taking up a spot? Getting a silver chest at this point is almost a disappointment. Opening them up for gems is obviously what Supercell wants you to do, but it seems like they should give you a different/cheaper option to just trash it and gamble on a better chest next battle. 

Was able to push to the pekka league with this

BarbHut+Tombstone as defense/spam

Bomber+archer+speargob + skeles for spam defense

Prince + gob barrel for offense

Very lightweight on offense but still gets job done.

Also, at some point you have to identify a few units you'll just never upgrade.  Otherwise you'll run out of gold.  I've sort of made a list. Cannon, musketeer, all the volley stuff for now at least, regular gobs and now giants.  May loop back to them later to get the xp when it's cheaper relatively.  

Also, at some point you have to identify a few units you'll just never upgrade.  Otherwise you'll run out of gold.  I've sort of made a list. Cannon, musketeer, all the volley stuff for now at least, regular gobs and now giants.  May loop back to them later to get the xp when it's cheaper relatively.  
Yep. I have 8 cards right now that I could update, but I have no plans to. 

One thing to remember about not upgrading cards. If you dont upgrade, it will be difficult for you to upgrade levels. Not upgrading levels will not increase your hitpoints on your tower. If you have ever lost at the last second, that extra HP might have saved you

They werent stupid when figuring out what to do

My favorite part so far has been tweaking and practicing with different decks. I love going against other people and seeing what they do. I know sometimes it feels like spamming troops, but I definitely have a strategy that I try to stick with. Like Worm said, just a fun game

One thing to remember about not upgrading cards. If you dont upgrade, it will be difficult for you to upgrade levels. Not upgrading levels will not increase your hitpoints on your tower. If you have ever lost at the last second, that extra HP might have saved you

They werent stupid when figuring out what to do
I'm level 2, but last night I got matched up with a LVL4 opponent. I beat him/her, but it's kinda odd that I got that mismatch. 

They make matches with the trophy count right?

I'm level 2, but last night I got matched up with a LVL4 opponent. I beat him/her, but it's kinda odd that I got that mismatch. 

I have been up against opponents two levels higher than I am. Recently, I lost 4 in a row to drop out of Arena 4. I quickly get back into 4, especially before I can get a new chest, but it definitely gets tougher the higher you go

I have been up against opponents two levels higher than I am. Recently, I lost 4 in a row to drop out of Arena 4. I quickly get back into 4, especially before I can get a new chest, but it definitely gets tougher the higher you go
I'm going to take the advice posted here and stay in Arena 1 until I sufficiently upgrade my noobie cards. I'm doing a fine job losing matches so I won't need to trophy drop :bag:

I believe I saw they cap it to 3 levels difference.  3 levels is a #### ton though.  The fact that each level gets different tower hp might be the most stupid part about the game.

I said this in game, but I was really bummed by my arena 4 magic chest. It guaranteed 160 cards with 10 rares (I think)

I got 90 tesla cards, 50 minions swarms and the rest infernos. Awful. I dont use any of those

I have noticed more of my matches are ending in 1-1 draws.  A strategy I have started using is go for the other tower instead of the king.  I think it's less hitpoint, and the king has a cannon.

The Prince needs a slight nerf. Way too powerful even at low level.
I started carrying a skeleton card just to counter him. He burns his charge on one of the four skeletons and the rest keep him pinned down while I can get some more reinforcements together. Haven't really had a problem with him since. 

Users who are viewing this thread