What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Classic Album Discussion Thread: The Kinks-Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Pt. 1 (1 Viewer)

First show was at Dodger Stadium.  Last show was last October at Caesars Palace.  and several in between.  Always a good show, but those were the two best. Love the early albums . Don't care for much of the later stuff.
I saw him two Octobers ago at Caesars. Really good show, and he sounded surprisingly good, even though he needed help with the high notes. It was our last night of a week in in Vegas, and was a good way to end the trip.

Great album, and yea, a fantastic side one.

Elton John- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)

Funeral for a Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding

Candle In the Wind

Bennie and the Jets

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

This Song Has No Title

Grey Seal

Jamaica Jerk-Off

I’ve Seen That Movie

Sweet Painted Lady

The Ballad Of Danny Bailey

Dirty Little Girl

All the Girls Love Alice

Your Sister Can’t Twist

Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting

Roy Rogers

Social Disease

Harmony

Elton John, IMO, had two great albums, and 2-3 very very good ones, all during the early part of his career. This is one of the two great ones (we’ll get to the other one with it’s more western themes later on.) Its loaded with classics, from “Love Lies Bleeding” to “Bennie”, “Candle”, “Grey Seal”, the title song, “Harmony”, “Saturday Night” etc etc. Actually my favorite song might be “This Song Has No Title”- except for “Bennie and the Jets”, which I can listen to a thousand times and never get tired of. 
Agreed with everything but "Bennie and the Jets".

So many great songs on here - "I've Seen That Movie" is one of my favorites on here.  

I lump Elton John with Stevie Wonder as the two artists that I end up loving a decent portion of their catalog and absolutely hating a decent portion of their catalog. The upbeat songs I mostly love but the slower songs make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Bon Jovi- Slippery When Wet (1986)

Let It Rock

You Give Love a Bad Name

Livin’ On a Prayer

Social Disease

Wanted Dead or Alive

Raise Your Hands

Without Love

I’d Die For You

Never Say Goodbye

Wild In the Streets

I never thought much of these guys but damn this album sold a gazillion copies back in the day. Over the years I’ve come to like the lead ainger’s persona a bit. But the music is still boring to me. 

Elton John has always been a guy I like, but don't love.  I rarely go out of my way to listen to him outside of a handful of songs, but GYBR is definitely a very good record.  Funeral for a Friend into Loves Lies Bleeding is the best thing he ever did, IMO. 
It's right there behind Empty Sky for me.  If you haven't ever listened to that song, I highly recommend it.  I think it's his best by far. 

Let It Rock

You Give Love a Bad Name

Livin’ On a Prayer

Social Disease

Wanted Dead or Alive

Raise Your Hands

Without Love

I’d Die For You

Never Say Goodbye

Wild In the Streets

I never thought much of these guys but damn this album sold a gazillion copies back in the day. Over the years I’ve come to like the lead ainger’s persona a bit. But the music is still boring to me. 
Garbage.  Utter garbage.

Let It Rock

You Give Love a Bad Name

Livin’ On a Prayer

Social Disease

Wanted Dead or Alive

Raise Your Hands

Without Love

I’d Die For You

Never Say Goodbye

Wild In the Streets

back then the chics would love to watch headbangers ball......this album was panty peeler

I will admit that I absolutely loved this album when it came out. Still remember the Christmas I got this on tape along with a double tape deck boom box. Those were the days. 

Bon Jovi is still a very limited guilty pleasure and I think living on a prayer and wanted dead or alive still hold up, for what they are. 

Have seen them in concert more times than I care to admit (thanks to the wife).  Sambora can flat out play, but that's about it. 

They have a small handful of songs I still dig, not overall this album has not asked will, even for what it is. 

I will admit that I absolutely loved this album when it came out. Still remember the Christmas I got this on tape along with a double tape deck boom box. Those were the days. 

Bon Jovi is still a very limited guilty pleasure and I think living on a prayer and wanted dead or alive still hold up, for what they are. 

Have seen them in concert more times than I care to admit (thanks to the wife).  Sambora can flat out play, but that's about it. 

They have a small handful of songs I still dig, not overall this album has not asked will, even for what it is. 
I respect this  :thumbup:

Elton John, IMO, had two great albums, and 2-3 very very good ones, all during the early part of his career. This is one of the two great ones (we’ll get to the other one with it’s more western themes later on.) 
I doubt you're talking about my favorite Elton album, Madman Across The Water. Love that one (though I'm sick to death of Tiny Dancer). GYBR is a great one regardless. I'm going to pretend you didn't actually post the subsequent album you posted an hour ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let It Rock

You Give Love a Bad Name

Livin’ On a Prayer

Social Disease

Wanted Dead or Alive

Raise Your Hands

Without Love

I’d Die For You

Never Say Goodbye

Wild In the Streets

This is the kind of trash-rock that has held up the "better" rock forever. These are good songs, though there's nary an original thing happening in them.

The '80s Grand Funk Railroad. God bless a bar band that makes it.

Let It Rock

You Give Love a Bad Name

Livin’ On a Prayer

Social Disease

Wanted Dead or Alive

Raise Your Hands

Without Love

I’d Die For You

Never Say Goodbye

Wild In the Streets

If I let my wife read that she would find you and kill you slowly.

Dont be ashamed. Bon Jovi is awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread