What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clayton says Kitna almost a certainty to start (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I heard him say this on ESPN Radio on the way home from work today. He said McCown has the stronger arm, but that isn't important to Martz. He said Martz likes the way Kitna manages the game, and his leadership ability. He fits the type of QB Martz likes.

IMO he would win more games than McCown. I would think he would start also. BUT i would assume it will be an open battle at camp :boxing:

I could certainly see Kitna starting in Detroit. Though I'd rather Detroit have gone after a more high profile guy, the signing of Kitna isn't too bad. And the addition of McCown brings some potential. He's young, got a decent arm. I have a good feeling about him, and view him like some other QBs in the past that really only needed a new address to shine...

Warner was a dead certainty to start in STL also until he got injured...
Apples and oranges. Kitna probably gets first crack at it, but I'm sure he will be on a short leash. If he does well out of the gate, then yes, he could be a top 10 QB in 2006. I have no doubt about that. Having Roy Williams helps, but the OL has to do a better job, and Kevin Jones has to do a better job.

Martz said Harrington would start. :hophead:

Now he says Kitna is going to start. :hophead:

This means McCown will be the starter. :banned:

Kitna has the higher floor but a lower ceiling than McCown. I think Kitna will win the job between the two but agree that he will be on a relatively short leash if he performs closer to his floor.

Kitna has the higher floor but a lower ceiling than McCown. I think Kitna will win the job between the two but agree that he will be on a relatively short leash if he performs closer to his floor.
Geeez!!! As a Lions fan, I am just hoping for a QB who can manage a game with out losing it for us. I think either QB is an improvement over Joey. Unfortunately, I don't have the same optimism as some other people do at this point. They REALLY need to address their offensive line needs this off season before I can even think of being excited. How they draft also will be very important. They better not take a frigin' QB or WR this year! Remember... us Lion fans really have to protect themselves with a wait and see mentality. I won't make any judgements on this offseason until about 5-6 games into the season. Honestly, I would be happy with 7-8 wins this year.

Isn't it great being a Lions fan. :wall: :cry: :cry: :wall:

So what do the Lions do with Harrington? I know they will release him if he doesn't restructure, which wont happen. I am just curious how they handle the whole thing. Will they release him soon? They don't owe him his roster bonus until June something, so they could wait and screw him over so that by the time they release him all 32 teams will have the position set. Then he would have to hope someone gets injured or he will be watching the 2006 season back in Oregon.

:confused:

So what do the Lions do with Harrington? I know they will release him if he doesn't restructure, which wont happen. I am just curious how they handle the whole thing. Will they release him soon? They don't owe him his roster bonus until June something, so they could wait and screw him over so that by the time they release him all 32 teams will have the position set. Then he would have to hope someone gets injured or he will be watching the 2006 season back in Oregon.

:confused:
The reports out of Detroit: 1) That Harrington is GLADLY working on restructing his deal right now to help facilitate his trade/release 2) He will be gone by Monday one way or another.Makes sense. The Lions start minicamp on Monday and they want a clean break by the time Marinelli addresses the collective troops for the first time Monday morning.

I believe someone said, the Lions QB situation is like dating several ugly girls, thinking that adding one more will make it better.

Maybe Kitna will start for a while... but I think at the end of the day it's McCown's job to lose, he's younger, has a strong arm, and more atheletic than mcnabb. I thought he should have kept the starting job in arizona, I don't know why people keep giving up on this guy without letting him start for an entire season.

Users who are viewing this thread