What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cleveland (7-7) at Green Bay (11-3)*** (-7) O/U 46.5 Merry Christmas!!! (1 Viewer)

a facemask and a PI that was seen by Stevie Wonder, but here we are. 

The story of the toe continues. Awesome league. 

Multiple no calls on Green Bay’s defense today and a false start against cle that was offsides on GB

Apparently these officials are from Wisconsin.

🙄
There were multiple missed holdings on the outside in the first half on big tuns too.  they let the teams be physical today.  
GB benefitted late…no doubt.  But it seemed they were consistent in letting physical play goo all afternoon.

The amazing thing is Baker threw 4 picks and Cleveland still should have won. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought the Browns had a chance to win this game until they had the ball at midfield with 1 minute left and 3 timeouts...........then that happened.

There were multiple missed holdings on the outside in the first half on big tuns too.  they let the teams be physical today.  
GB benefitted late…no doubt.  But it seemed they were consistent in letting physical play goo all afternoon.
Meh, there’s holding on every play

They also missed an obvious face mask on one of Bakers sacks 

Meh, there’s holding on every play

They also missed an obvious face mask on one of Bakers sacks 
And there is physical play in the secondary on almost every play too.  They let them play. 
And I agree GB benefitted more tonight.  
Refereeing has been piss poor this year.

The amazing thing is Baker threw 4 picks and Cleveland still should have won. 
Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_

People are gonna sit here and blame players, coaches, whatever. Two interceptions were direct results of bad officiating and a third was indirectly the result of it.

GB feels like about the 9th or 10th best team in the league to me. Its amazing they have the league's best record. Almost every game feels like a struggle for them. This team isn't anywhere near as good as the 2020 team in my opinion. I know a win is a win, but man, if I were a Packers fan, I'd be really disappointed how much trouble the Browns and Ravens(both missing tons of guys) game them. 

I'd say only 2 of Mayfield's 4 INT's were his fault. Peoples-Jones is a great athlete, but boy is he an awful route runner, he's seemingly always out of position. Landry is still a solid #2 WR, but he's about all the Browns have as a quality receiving weapon. Not saying Mayfield is blame free by any means, but he's not as bad as he's looked at times. 

ETA: Perhaps my 1st paragraph is an argument for LaFleur for COY?

It's benefitted EXACTLY who the league wants it to
Maybe so.  GB has been on the bad end of some calls too.  Crap happens.  Tonight…physical play was let go.  Douglas was smart with a low tug of the jersey.  Both players physical at the top of the route. 

1. Penalties aside and poor officiating, why you place the game in Mayfield’s hands with nearly 1:30 left and Chubb reading off 10 plus yards per carry is beyond baffling when you just need a field goal and 15 yards to win the game.  Poor offensive play calling by Cleveland all game.  Has to be demoralizing to the team to be in a position to win and see it slip away like that.  

It is all about timing.  People remember the last play.

Without a doubt there was a PI against Don Jones on the last play. Would the Browns have won?  Who knows but I would say they would have had a good chance winning with a FG.

It is all about timing.  People remember the last play.

Without a doubt there was a PI against Donny Jones on the last play. Would the Browns have won?  Who knows but I would say they would have had a good chance winning with a FG.
This.

In addition, the same teams seem to always get calls in their favor going back years (such as the Packers, Steelers and Cowboys) and some teams always seem to get screwed (Browns and Lions to name two).

1. Penalties aside and poor officiating, why you place the game in Mayfield’s hands with nearly 1:30 left and Chubb reading off 10 plus yards per carry is beyond baffling when you just need a field goal and 15 yards to win the game.  Poor offensive play calling by Cleveland all game.  Has to be demoralizing to the team to be in a position to win and see it slip away like that.  
No one wants to hear this…let’s just blame the officials 

No one wants to hear this…let’s just blame the officials 
Baker is bad, but c'mon now. Jones was held, which allowed Douglas to intercept the pass. It doesn't take rocket science to call something everyone could see in real time, let alone on replays.

Baker is bad, but c'mon now. Jones was held, which allowed Douglas to intercept the pass. It doesn't take rocket science to call something everyone could see in real time, let alone on replays.
He definitely  was held but not every penalty is called, especially late in the game.
How many penalties were not called earlier in the game that would have drastically impacted the end result? Who knows?

it irks me when fans blame the refs because there are calls all game long that impact the outcome and they generally even out over the course of a game and season.

I guess it is easier and more palatable  to blame the refs than the players or the coaches.

He definitely  was held but not every penalty is called, especially late in the game.
How many penalties were not called earlier in the game that would have drastically impacted the end result? Who knows?

it irks me when fans blame the refs because there are calls all game long that impact the outcome and they generally even out over the corse of a game and season.

I guess it is easier and more palatable  to blame the refs than the players or the coaches.
You can pick plays every game where the officials blow it, but in such a high crucial point of the game, a horrible non-call is rightfully highlighted.

Just like players can erase a bad game with a big play in a crucial point of a match, officials can erase a bad game with a correct call in a crucial point of the match. That's the way I've always seen it.

You can pick plays every game where the officials blow it, but in such a high crucial point of the game, a horrible non-call is rightfully highlighted.

Just like players can erase a bad game with a big play in a crucial point of a match, officials can erase a bad game with a correct call in a crucial point of the match. That's the way I've always seen it.
It’s fine to highlight a bad call but to say that is the primary reason for a loss is bs. ( I am not saying you did this).

It was a penalty that should have been called, but it wasn’t. Happens every week to every team.
There is a lot more that goes into a loss than 1 bad call, and a lot of that falls on the players and coaches. A lot of fans don’t want to admit that.

When fans try and say the penalties are called/not called to meet some league agenda that is just asinine (this was said earlier I’m the thread by at least two posters).

travdogg said:
GB feels like about the 9th or 10th best team in the league to me. Its amazing they have the league's best record. Almost every game feels like a struggle for them. This team isn't anywhere near as good as the 2020 team in my opinion. I know a win is a win, but man, if I were a Packers fan, I'd be really disappointed how much trouble the Browns and Ravens(both missing tons of guys) game them. 

ETA: Perhaps my 1st paragraph is an argument for LaFleur for COY?
Well yeah.  They’ve been missing most of the O-line for a good chunk of the year, along with 2 of their 4 best defensive players.  The starting OTs tonight were Yosh Nijman and Dennis Kelly.   They were also missing their best Guard and starting Center.  Jaire Alexander and ZaDarius Smith remain out.  We’re starting a rookie at DB and Rasul Douglas who was almost out of the league 2 months ago.

Well yeah.  They’ve been missing most of the O-line for a good chunk of the year, along with 2 of their 4 best defensive players.  The starting OTs tonight were Yosh Nijman and Dennis Kelly.   They were also missing their best Guard and starting Center.  Jaire Alexander and ZaDarius Smith remain out.  We’re starting a rookie at DB and Rasul Douglas who was almost out of the league 2 months ago.
I read all of this then think of a team like the Titans

Cowboysfan8 said:
Multiple no calls on Green Bay’s defense today and a false start against cle that was offsides on GB
Funny, no mention of the holds that weren’t called when Adams and  Lazard were getting held, not to mention the multiple no holding calls on the Browns  OL. 
🤔

Users who are viewing this thread