What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

^^^ The Browns give up 2017 4th, not 2016 #99
Good catch.

Current tally of Browns draft picks for the 2016 draft:

List of Browns 2016 NFL Draft Picks

• 1st Round (No. 8 overall) - 8th pick of round
  • 2nd Round (No. 32 overall) - 1st pick of round
  • 3rd Round (No. 65 overall) - 2nd pick of round
  • 3rd Round (No. 77 overall) - 14th pick of round
  • 4th Round (No. 99 overall) - 1st pick of round
  • 4th Round (No. 100 overall) - 2nd pick of round
  • 4th Round (No. 138 overall) - 40th pick of round*
  • 5th Round (No. 141 overall) - 2nd pick of round
  • 5th Round (No. 172 overall) - 33rd pick of round*
  • 5th Round (No. 173 overall) - 34th pick of round*
  • 6th Round (No. 176 overall) - 1st pick of round
  • 7th Round (No. 223 overall) - 2nd pick of round
*Awarded via compensatory picks; cannot be traded.

Browns hold 6 of the top 100 picks of the 2016 NFL draft.

Are they handing the job to Griffin or is McCown still in the mix? I thought Josh played the best QB we've seen in years around here, with the exception of the fumbles and not protecting his body. But Griffin doesn't protect his body either.
Said today it's an open competition

I still want a QB somewhere in this draft and believe it's going to happen.  They said Davis got a ton of reps yesterday, if he's not catching the staff's eyes now then he's gone.  Good chance they even carry 4 this year.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  46m46 minutes ago
Quarterback to watch for Cleveland: Paxton Lynch.
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler  1h1 hour ago
Now don't be surprised when the #Browns trade back from the No. 8 spot. Look for Cleveland to try and control the 2017 NFL Draft.
Dennis Manoloff ‏@dmansworld474  23m23 minutes ago
If Hue Jackson had wanted the #browns to hold at No. 2 and take one of the two QBs, it would have happened.
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi  46m46 minutes ago
I fully expect #Browns to trade No 8 pick to Tennessee at No 15. Might be on the clock. Might be before. #100yearswar.
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler  1h1 hour ago
A lot will be made about the "analytics" of this deal. But it is more about Hue Jackson and #Browns FO not loving these QBs.
  • Eagles informed QB Sam Bradford about the trade before practice so this deal was locked-in hours before it was announced.
Zach Berman ‏@ZBerm  48m48 minutes ago
The Eagles told Sam Bradford about the trade before practice today. Howie, Doug, and Jeffrey Lurie all told him.
EDIT:  Guess who we play in the opener?  Should be interesting.

Sunday
Sep. 11

http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-16/2016-philadelphia-eagles-football-schedule.php

at Philadelphia Eagles
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA

1:00pm ET
CBS

Last edited by a moderator:
Love love LOVE this deal. An extra 1st, 2nd, and 3rd just to drop down from pick 2 to pick 8. And pick 8 should still be some excellent talent.

Or we even move down again with the Titans. I would want either another 2017 1st or two of their 2nds. It is not likely we get that much, but there will be a pretty significant talent drop from 8 to 15.

Either way, even if they just sit at 8 and take a guy, EXCELLENT move.

I really enjoyed the 2018 2nd as part of it.

I promised myself I won't get mad at you today after how happy I am about this deal.  Please stop trying to drag me back to my old ways
Ya, taking the best WR in the draft, when our current top weapon is a TE is a horrible move.

puff me.

Gordon, Coleman and RG3. So much Baylor. So much wow.

ESPN Cleveland ‏@ESPNCleveland  9m9 minutes ago
Grossi: The RG3 signing had more to do with this than anything. Hue came away from meetings with RG3 thinking he’s more than a bridge QB.
ESPN Cleveland ‏@ESPNCleveland  6m6 minutes ago
Grossi: They bought into the idea that RG3 is going to be good and it satisfies the front office desires to get more picks. #Browns
Adam Weiss ‏@iamfromphilly  40m40 minutes ago
per value chart (projecting 2017, 2018): rams gave up 3200 points, received 3088.6; eagles gave up 3135, received 2662 @LesBowen @JClarkCSN

Ghostguy's head just imploded.

:lol:
You simply never listen.

I don't care what Hue's evaluation is.  If he thinks RG3 can be something great.

However, if the FO was going to make moves at pick 2 based on RG3, they should be fired.

As for me, I badly didn't want one of the QBs and wanted to deal down, so I am happy.

Panthers have rescinded the Franchise Tag on CB Josh Norman, who now becomes a UFA. With all their cap space, Browns should go after him. He will command big money. 28 years old.

Problem is, 28 years old.  So 30 when we MAYBE have a shot?

Now, that is my perspective on what I think the front office would think about it. I would personally love to sign him to a 4 year deal.

However, does anyone think he REALLY would come here??  I mean cmon, we would have to pay like 5 million a year more than some contender.

Problem is, 28 years old.  So 30 when we MAYBE have a shot?

Now, that is my perspective on what I think the front office would think about it. I would personally love to sign him to a 4 year deal.

However, does anyone think he REALLY would come here??  I mean cmon, we would have to pay like 5 million a year more than some contender.
What contending team could sign him? http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

You were saying? 
I was saying that I have thought all along they would trade down and that they didn't want Goff or Wentz at 2, and that signing RG3 might have very well been some proof they had no plans to draft a QB to begin with.

Said all that several times.

YOU were saying?

You said was RG3 had no bearing on the 2 pick.  I think he allowed them to move back because they already have a top young prospect in Griffin 26 yo).

RG3 definitely influenced the pick. 

Sabertooth said:
You said was RG3 had no bearing on the 2 pick.  I think he allowed them to move back because they already have a top young prospect in Griffin 26 yo).

RG3 definitely influenced the pick. 
And I completely disagree with that. 

Jack McCurry ‏@J_McCurry08  2h2 hours ago
.@MikeSilver just said on NFL network that Paxton Lynch to Cleveland is a long shot
Jack McCurry ‏@J_McCurry08  2h2 hours ago
.@MikeSilver also stated that was with the 8th pick or even in the first round
Silver left open the possibility of taking Lynch should we move down from the #8 slot.

Phil Savage, who called that the Browns would trade out of the #2 pick says that we could trade the #8 pick to the Titans (#15) if OT Ronnie Stanley (or in the unlikely event that Tunsil) is there at pick #8.

Phil Savage ‏@SeniorBowlPhil  3h3 hours agoMobile, AL
If OT Ronnie Stanley is still on board at #8, @Titans might look to trade with @Browns for that spot. It would take one of their three #2's.

Dropping from 8 to 15 for just a 2nd rnd pick? 

Hell nah
I hear you Soulfly. I actually believe this trade had to be made prior to the draft. Now the browns can focus on

preliminary discussions with other teams for whomever may fall into that #8 pick. Whatever top talent lands there

could command more than a #2 pick in the heat of the draft and I would like to parley those picks into future drafts.

Say a 2017 2nd and a 2018 3rd or 4th could load the browns up for the next 3 drafts. As long as they make the right

choices.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Are they handing the job to Griffin or is McCown still in the mix? I thought Josh played the best QB we've seen in years around here, with the exception of the fumbles and not protecting his body. But Griffin doesn't protect his body either.
Great question.  I don't imagine anyone is going to be handed a job here.  

Hell nah

If we don't make a move and pick at #8, who would be available?

The draft could go:

1. QB Jared Goff

2. QB Carson Wentz

3. OT Laremy Tunsil

4. DB Jalen Ramsey

5. LB Myles Jack

6. DL DeForest Buckner

7. DE Joey Boza

8. ??? 

I love Zeke but don't think you build a team from the RB position.  Zeke 'could' go earlier, I think he could even go to the Ravens.

If we had an offer from the Titans, they hold three-2nd round picks including the #33 pick, we hold the #32 pick so if we were able to land the #33rd pick I would be all for that deal.

What could we get at pick #15?

I don't know but QB Paxton Lynch would be in play if he were still available or one of the top WRs.  

I don't know who would be available at the #33 pick but I think that someone will drop and we could get two 'solid' players back-to-back or we could even trade down from one of those picks to land an extra 3rd round pick.

Stanley will be there, but predicting trade with Fins instead.
If the Phins moved up, we couldn't expect a 2nd round pick.

Hell nah
For me it just depends who the top 7 picks are.  I can see making the move if guys like Ramsey, Tunsil, Bosa, and maybe a couple other guys are gone.  It would have to be pick 33 though, or Rams 2017 1st

Titans got what now, 33, 43, 45?  Give us all three of those 2nds plus 2017 2nd.  Bam.  Litter this team with "decent" players. 

osubuckeyeman said:
Kevin Hogan.
Yep.  This is the one rumor floating that I actually believe somewhat.  

Maybe the Browns loved one of Wentz or Goff but were overwhelmed with the trade haul, but I never really put much stock into those rumors.  

Someone mentioned Zeke at 8, I think.  The Browns would do something like that, as much as I like Zeke.

Users who are viewing this thread