What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names.. (1 Viewer)

New Kindergartners this year:

And let me go on record that I like all these names.

Girls:

Aurelly

Eden

Woods (yes, a girl - I checked her records)

Willow

Maelo

Kaydence

Maydee

Jasleen

Carsyn

Boys:

Bodhi

Lincoln (x2)

Deeyan

Brogan

Barrett

Nash (we are 20ish miles south of Nashville)
I find the trend of relatively normal names with jacked up spelling to be quite odd.

My son just started kindergarten last week.  We've asked him to provide us with a name of a classmate each day.  So far:

• Lennox (boy)
  • Liv (girl)
  • Arden (girl)
  • ...and one that he has consistently repeated with the same pronunciation, but I can't figure out.  I can't WAIT for Parent/teacher night to figure out what it really is...El Slicky (spelled the way he says it, but I'm sure it's something else)

Also, someone I knew from my past recently had a kid and named him Fenix O'Bryon.  O'Bryon is the middle name, not the last name, and I don't think it's a family name.  WTF.

My son just started kindergarten last week.  We've asked him to provide us with a name of a classmate each day.  So far:

• Lennox (boy)
  • Liv (girl)
  • Arden (girl)
  • ...and one that he has consistently repeated with the same pronunciation, but I can't figure out.  I can't WAIT for Parent/teacher night to figure out what it really is...El Slicky (spelled the way he says it, but I'm sure it's something else)

Also, someone I knew from my past recently had a kid and named him Fenix O'Bryon.  O'Bryon is the middle name, not the last name, and I don't think it's a family name.  WTF.
Liv is usually just a short nickname for an "Olivia." My daughter has a friend with that name that uses that nickname.

Liv is usually just a short nickname for an "Olivia." My daughter has a friend with that name that uses that nickname.
I didn't really mean to indicate Liv (or honestly Lennox or Arden) were THAT bad...just that there were a lot of unique names...Now "El Slicky" and Fenix...different story.

I didn't really mean to indicate Liv (or honestly Lennox or Arden) were THAT bad...just that there were a lot of unique names...Now "El Slicky" and Fenix...different story.
What's wrong with El Slicky? :(

Fenix...and O'furniture...all kinds of wrong.

My wife has a kid (I swear I'm not making this up) named Captain Stewart

:oldunsure:
My wife has a kid named screw you, you cheating whore.

Not sure if it’s just my town or state, but there seems to be a trend now of girls being named Mary [Insert mother’s maiden name as their middle name] [Last name], and being called by both first and middle names. So far I’ve met Mary Thompson, Mary Davis, Mary Wilson, Mary Hudson, and Mary Jacobs. 

Double names just strike me as pretentious anyway, but when the second name isn’t a traditional girls name at all...
Apparently this trend has gone on longer than I realize. Daughter had a dance recital Saturday. From the dance program, there’s a Mary Reilly, Mary Bradley, Mary Marshall, Mary Hart, Mary Austen, and Mary Stevens, ranging from 4 to 18 in age.  

Not to mention the “normal” double names of Mary Helen, Mary Margaret, and Mary Grace. 

Pretty low key year on the name front for my students.  Chaeyeon, Ilona, Rylee, and Ariyan I guess are the oddest ones.  The first I assume is just an unfamiliar cultural thing...Korean?  The other three I have heard before, but still feel a little strange to me perhaps because of spelling.

Pretty low key year on the name front for my students.  Chaeyeon, Ilona, Rylee, and Ariyan I guess are the oddest ones.  The first I assume is just an unfamiliar cultural thing...Korean?  The other three I have heard before, but still feel a little strange to me perhaps because of spelling.
Korean.  And famous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. It's been an ongoing name going back a while in here.
contemplated naming my youngest daughter La-a going on 10 years ago now, but it was too common a name so we went a different direction.

ff 10 years and there are no less than 4 La-a's in her classroom alone.  like 14 or something in the school.

true story

Last edited by a moderator:
Narrowing down our choices for our daughter arriving in a few weeks and this thread is making me feel better. That most anything will work as long as we're not insane. Still lots of pressure to tag someone with a name for life...

Users who are viewing this thread