What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College Football NCG thread Bama v Clemson (1 Viewer)

Yeah, well, Cokers got bad acne.
:lmao:
He definitely aint gonna get a woman that looks like McCarrons woman with that crater tater.
He'll be up to his neck in ##### tonight.
Does that blocked out word begin with p and end in enis?
You like the idea of that, don't you?
They don't call him dirtyjay for nothing!!!!

Yeah, well, Cokers got bad acne.
He definitely aint gonna get a woman that looks like McCarrons woman with that crater tater.
He'll be up to his neck in ##### tonight.
Does that blocked out word begin with p and end in enis?
You like the idea of that, don't you?
They don't call him dirtyjay for nothing!!!!

Have to say I'm surprised Clemson mostly shut Henry down in the 2nd half and scored that many points and still lost. Credit to Coker for stepping up and not turning the ball over.

Honestly if Bama wouldn't have returned that kickoff, Clemson may have won despite all the mistakes. The on-sides kick recovery and the KO return were the difference, 11 on 11 Clemson was probably a little better.

I didn't think they were that good and then they really gave to OU in the second half which surprised me. That was a really good team that lost tonight, Watson is the best player in CFB.

Well...

Really, really, unbelievably proud. They fought hard the entire time and while the score didn't end up in our favor, it was a great effort and just an incredible season. We might not have won, but I think this program turned a corner this year and look forward to what we can do in the future.

GO TIGERS!

Well...

Really, really, unbelievably proud. They fought hard the entire time and while the score didn't end up in our favor, it was a great effort and just an incredible season. We might not have won, but I think this program turned a corner this year and look forward to what we can do in the future.

GO TIGERS!
Tough lose Marc - great season though.

:kicksrock: Great effort by Clemson, though. Watson is the real deal. The onside kick was a great call and a tough break for the tigers, but the kick return was a back breaker. Still didn't give up. Bama scored on a few busted coverages in the defensive backfield. But them's the breaks.

Great season, Tigers!

Onside kick totally changed the game, along with the kick return. I would say Clemson outplayed them offensively and defensively but that special teams really did them in. Saban always seems to be able to brew some magic when he needs to, kudos to him for having the balls to do it.

This is the first championship game where I felt we were fortunate to win.

Clemson seemed like the better team to me. Our defense couldn't handle them, and our offense didn't do very well, aside from three plays.

Bottom line is that Clemson controlled this game and seemed like the better team, but we had five big plays (Henry run, both OJ catches, onside kick, KO return) that won the game.

Tremendous game and I'm happy to catch the breaks and get this one.

Not sure if Saban is going to try and catch Bryant or give the pros one more try, but we just have to enjoy this because this kind of thing rarely happens for fans of any team and I know when Saban leaves, I'll never experience this again.

Great game. Love how Clemson fought to the end. Special teams decided it as is often the case.

The key side story is how ridiculously hot of a commodity Lane Kiffen became again.

Well...

GO TIGERS!
I love Dabo and you should be proud of your team. Great effort by those guys.

Saban now has a higher win percentage than Bear, and has won 4 Titles to Bears 6 in less than half as many games.

I don't think anyone could argue that the level of competition now vs then is much, much higher as well.

One could argue that the longevity and sustained success is part of Bear's greatness (thus why Saban hasn't passed him, yet)... But there is little doubt Saban's resume at this stage of his career decimates Bryant's.

Every Nick Saban Alabama recruiting class ever has won at least 1 national title.
well, when you get the pick(s) of the litter every year...
I agree, the schools clout does them better than what Saban does.
Check out what they did for 15 years before him. Bama certainly carries clout but this is all saban.
Agreed, and you can never take anything away from Saban. In fact, Bama's run of success in recent years has everything to do with Saban. He is a phenomenal coach, perhaps the best college (NFL is a different animal entirely) coach of all time. My original comment was about recruiting classes and in college football, success has an enormous effect on recruiting... which in turn has an enormous effect on a team's success. When you have a top 3 recruiting class year after year, odds are you are going to have success in January. The problem is, for many teams, in order to attract game changing talent, you have to have a winning program. See the irony? Nick Saban has gotten over that hump and can reap the rewards of having those great recruiting classes. Good on him and Bama.

Clemson has also had recruiting success in the last couple of years as Dabo Sweeney is a great recruiter. Even with the loss... Clemson's success this year, and the media attention it brings, will have a good affect on them reaching out to star HS athletes who might be trying to decide between top ranked schools. This is especially true when HS stars see they can play with D. Watson next year.

College football is about recruiting. But it's difficult in that you need athletes to turn a program around and in a lot of cases a program can't attract top recruits until they have a winning program. Cart before the horse kind of thing but it seems that is the reality. But Nick Saban has mastered it and Alabama is reaping those rewards. So he often gets the pick of the litter in many parts of the country, but he worked hard at it and has earned it.

Being a South Carolina native and the father of Clemson grads, I am a Tiger fan. But I also will pull for the USC Gamecocks if they are ever in a game like this. I wish both our schools had the recruiting clout like Bama, LSU, OSU, FSU, OU, and so forth. Perhaps Clemson is knocking at that door.

So will Bama and Clemson be ranked #1 and #2 next year?
Ohio State, Clemson, OU, Baylor, Bama is top 5 preseason in some order
Michigan and Notre Dame may disagree.
Not really, Michigan won't be in top 5, not even close. Doubt top ten.
Are you guys talking preseason polls? If so, you should know better. If this recruiting class ends as high as projected these goobers will easily have them in the top 10....probably top 5. Of course they won't deserve it, but that's how these things work. Glad they aren't part of the picture anymore.

Another example of where stats don't lie. Team efficiency for 2015... Clemson is ranked 126 out of 128, third worst special teams in the country this season. Even with the few busted defensive coverages, I think Clemson was better than Bama on both sides of the ball. But Bama dominated the special teams play and it was the difference.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/alabama-oc-lane-kiffin-gets-left-behind-by-team-buses-after-big-win/ar-CCqmDq?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Kiffin being Kiffin....

In what surely will sound like the Most Lane Kiffin Thing Ever, Kiffin walked out of the University of Phoenix Stadium only to see the team’s four buses pulling away. Kiffin was in mid-sentence, talking about his relationship with Alabama QB Jake Coker — “My bus is leaving,” Kiffin said. “That’s not good.”

They can’t leave without Kiffin, could they?

“They’re leaving right now.”

"Crap."

Kiffin whistled to a security guard about 50 yards away to stop the last bus. He hustled after it, but it was to no avail. He and his younger brother, Chris — Ole Miss’ defensive line coach — were now stranded at the stadium.

“First, I get fired on the tarmac, and now I get left behind at the national championship,” Kiffin said, half-jokingly, referring to his USC ouster.

Saban now has a higher win percentage than Bear, and has won 4 Titles to Bears 6 in less than half as many games.

I don't think anyone could argue that the level of competition now vs then is much, much higher as well.

One could argue that the longevity and sustained success is part of Bear's greatness (thus why Saban hasn't passed him, yet)... But there is little doubt Saban's resume at this stage of his career decimates Bryant's.
I think at least one, maybe two of Bear's titles are in that wierd era where they were a little sketchy, no?

I think at least one, maybe two of Bear's titles are in that wierd era where they were a little sketchy, no?
There are a few titles Bama claims that are more than a little sketchy.

He also got completely screwed a few times, such as going undefeated and losing the vote to 1-loss Notre Dame. It tends to even out with those schools that regularly competed for the top in the 40s-70s.

Another example of where stats don't lie. Team efficiency for 2015... Clemson is ranked 126 out of 128, third worst special teams in the country this season. Even with the few busted defensive coverages, I think Clemson was better than Bama on both sides of the ball. But Bama dominated the special teams play and it was the difference.
Talk about redemption...the most-maligned unit in the country 2 years ago was Alabama ST...coach Bobby Williams is feeling good.

Users who are viewing this thread