What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College Pickem - Tim Wins - log into leaugesafe for $$$ (1 Viewer)

Top 3 imo

70/20/10 always seems like a tidy reward

but, i did like 85/15/5....+ev is always better

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have a good resource for confidence pool this year? I'm stuck in one and am looking for some expurt guidance ;)

Sounds cool but the confidence points make it too difficult for a fish like me. I'll take my donk money elsewhere.

Have fun with this pool, guys.

So "Jack S" has paid but hasnt made his picks yet.... whoever you are you got 1:15 left to make your picks.

OK - so we got $1,150 in the pool, maybe $1,100 if we end up doing the honorable thing and give "Jack S" a refund if he dont make picks. And Pumpnick just asked for an invite.

I'm thinking with a $1200 pool I'm thinking

$600

$300

$150

$100

and $50 for last.

I would like a last place money back prize because it keeps another group of guys at the bottom interested though the end. And if someone has the last place prize wrapped up before the last game.... well the scorn is worse then the $50.

OK - so unless we get a real last minute participant I'd say we are just about wrapped up. Unless I get a significant backlash I'm using my executive powers to set the payout as above (Jack S woke up and is making picks now).

$600 First

$300 Second

$150 Third

$100 Fourth

and $50 for last.

It's so awesome to see all the big Auburn plays at the end....suckers!

Good luck everyone, happy bowl season!

OK - Tom S is out. He didnt make his picks in time. I'm going to offer him a refund.

Updated payouts below.

$600 First

$275 Second

$150 Third

$75 Fourth

and $50 for last.

Getting > then a TD for a SEC team is like free points.
I'm so happy you think that for the purposes of this here contest. In the other thread i'd strongly suggest you reconsider. FSU looks like the SEC team here. 0 rushing TD's given up by the starting defense all year, including to that stud in Boston College (where Mario Edwards, Jr was out, FSU's best run stopper). FSU's got the #1 overall defense in the country and a decent offense too (what, 35 points from setting all-time scoring records for college football?). Jimbo gets a month to prepare for that one dimensional offense.

I think Alabama FSU was the game and Auburn while certainly could beat the Noles, I just many more ways for FSU to cover -10 or less than the other way around. Enough of that homerism out of me, i'm no expert here.

Thanks again for setting this up.

I'm so happy you think that for the purposes of this here contest. In the other thread i'd strongly suggest you reconsider. FSU looks like the SEC team here. 0 rushing TD's given up by the starting defense all year, including to that stud in Boston College (where Mario Edwards, Jr was out, FSU's best run stopper). FSU's got the #1 overall defense in the country and a decent offense too (what, 35 points from setting all-time scoring records for college football?). Jimbo gets a month to prepare for that one dimensional offense.

I think Alabama FSU was the game and Auburn while certainly could beat the Noles, I just many more ways for FSU to cover -10 or less than the other way around. Enough of that homerism out of me, i'm no expert here.

Thats a nice story. Of course it completely ignores the fact that you could take the best players from every team Fla State played this year and a couple of the New England Patriots and still not come up with a team that's as good as most of the teams Auburn played this year. Well that and the SEC has won the last 7 NC games.

I'm not saying Auburn is a better team. I'm not saying Fla St isn't as good as a SEC team. But I'm getting the team from the conference who has won 7 in a row outright and I'm getting a TD for the privilege.

Thats a nice story. Of course it completely ignores the fact that you could take the best players from every team Fla State played this year and a couple of the New England Patriots and still not come up with a team that's as good as most of the teams Auburn played this year. Well that and the SEC has won the last 7 NC games.

I'm not saying Auburn is a better team. I'm not saying Fla St isn't as good as a SEC team. But I'm getting the team from the conference who has won 7 in a row outright and I'm getting a TD for the privilege.
I personally don't think previous SEC titles have anything to do with this game...but hey, it's your money.

I'd be concerned about some outside issues with betting FSU. The Fisher to UT rumor is going strong...it doesn't take much of a distraction to throw things off a little. Plus Auburn seems to have that destiny thing going.

How does Leach not get fired as soon as this game ends?

THREE KNEES AND THE GAME IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread