What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College Pickem - Tim Wins - log into leaugesafe for $$$ (1 Viewer)

Today is the day where, if everything goes right, I can put myself in the running. But I need to run the table or come close to it:

Georgia

North Texas

South Carolina

LSU

Stanford

Central Florida

Surprised I'm in first after losing 3 of the first 4 so far today. I agree that it may go down to the wire. Might not be good for me if it's close come Monday, as I only put 13 points on that one, the least of any remaining games.

Things are starting to look up. After this game, I will be around 34 points behind, with 6 games left, each one worth over 30 points for me.

But then, how could a true college football idiot like myself be competitive in a contest like this?

Things are starting to look up. After this game, I will be around 34 points behind, with 6 games left, each one worth over 30 points for me.

But then, how could a true college football idiot like myself be competitive in a contest like this?
The odds are still against you. Sure, you have a lot of high-value games remaining, but you still need to WIN them. :shrug:

timschochet said:
In 2nd place with 3 games left worth 33, 34, 35 points!! Only 27 points behind the Mean Machine!
You came screaming up from out of nowhere! And we've picked different winners for each of the last 3 games...

This is like the time Diane kept winning the football pool on Cheers.

"Oh come on.... it was an easy pick. A bear versus a falcon is hardly a fair fight!"

Just whipped up a spreadsheet to run every remaining scenario for the top several teams. :bag: Tim takes 1st in every scenario, unless he loses both of the remaining games - then he's totally out of the money. I only take 1st if I win the next two games, but I'm at least 3rd no matter what, even if I lose both.

Just whipped up a spreadsheet to run every remaining scenario for the top several teams. :bag: Tim takes 1st in every scenario, unless he loses both of the remaining games - then he's totally out of the money. I only take 1st if I win the next two games, but I'm at least 3rd no matter what, even if I lose both.
Any way you can upload it to a google doc and share it?

I'm officially out of it. Best I can do is 5th (3 points out of 3rd). If Mike Leach wasn't a complete ####### idiot, I'd still have a shot at 1st.

Congrats on 1st Tim.

If Florida St. wins or covers I believe I should get 2nd, and if not I'm tied for 2nd with Mr. Stupor, and I would imagine the tiebreaker comes into play to determine 2nd and 3rd? I picked 66 total points, and he picked 68.

Congrats on 1st Tim.

If Florida St. wins or covers I believe I should get 2nd, and if not I'm tied for 2nd with Mr. Stupor, and I would imagine the tiebreaker comes into play to determine 2nd and 3rd? I picked 66 total points, and he picked 68.
Thx, and good luck to you. I can't believe I won this thing, especially given how I handled the confidence points (I didn't.) I never win these things. Unbelievable.

Who wants to vote to change this..... something is very wrong about this...

J/K Tim - nice job. To have it wrapped up ahead of the final game is even more of an accomplishment.

Congrats on 1st Tim.

If FSU covers I jump you for second as this is my 35 point game and you have 13 points allocated.

You tie Mr Stupor if Auburn covers at 369.

Kid_kong said:
themeanmachine said:
Congrats on 1st Tim.

If FSU covers I jump you for second as this is my 35 point game and you have 13 points allocated.

You tie Mr Stupor if Auburn covers at 369.
Ahh you're right... bad math on my part.

I think I should end up with 2nd, with the tiebreaker being total points, even though the site shows me in 3rd. What a collapse at the end - lost 10 of the last 13, after picking 10 of the first 12 correctly.

OK - I figured it out.

Even if you are not one of the winners (or loser Jax Bil) please log into league safe and give your approval of the allocated money.

Many thanks and congratulations to the winners.

The Ref

But I'm not bitter or anything:

@Coach_Leach Hopefully you can find a seminar this spring which explains what a victory formation is. Have you apologized to the team yet?
We do a college pick em (at the same site) to determine next years draft order in my 12 year college leg. That Wazzu loss cost me the first pick (34 points, 68 point swing).

I set up a pool with last years rules which were confidence points and all games lock at kickoff of the first game. The championship game can be picked later. PM for invite or go to this link and request one. If you PM I need your email address.

http://www.rtsports....php?LID=1005162

Users who are viewing this thread