What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Colts at Falcons** (-2.5, 44.5) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Falcons appear like they are involved in low scoring games and the Colts are still a factor in the AFC South
Seems like a strange line

Go!

Falcons should have a top five-ten offensive and defensive line.
On defense it's mostly because of injury.
On offense, they weren't playing well yet it is additionally because of injury.

A couple weeks ago, Ridder threw for 374 yards while 4 of 5 linemen were out. He wasn't good last week and IIRC two returned. His fumbles are Dave Krieg type bad- some bad luck, some just bad, and either way it's too many so hold onto the darn ball. This reputation does have defenders swiping at him more than any QB probably but he brought that on himself and he could just simply go down.
Last benching, the Titans had a ridiculous first half sacking and pinning the Falcons inside the twenty for the entire half and Jeffrey Simmons had one of the best halves ever by a DT. IIRC 3 sacks, FF, FR, and six hurries. Heinicke came in and barked at the OL and pointed here n there and was totally a vet in control. The line was night n day different in the second half. Very good decision to sub.
The following week, the line blocked the same poor way for Heinicke and Smith was basically smashing Algeier and Patterson into them. He has the Titans former TEs that can hold a corner well and they did for Bijan but the line was terrible and injuries happened.

Another thing was Heinicke barking at Pitts. He's looking, looking, buying some time, pointing, then pfft so he got on him. The whole manner made some fans finally realize Pitts may be the prob.

Alot of people have been critical of the skill position players and/or their usage and consequently the coach as an OC but missing how little is possible with each line playing poorly. Arthur the OC isn't really doing bad but Arthur the coach and the OL coaches aren't coaching the line well at all.

London had had a few stinkers but he's had many excellent moments this year. Bijan has flashed plenty. On and on...on D Bates has had some star moments as expected and Okudah-while still up n down- looks like a top pick CB when he's up so there's progress for a Lions bust there.

Arthur's system of having huge athletes outside and he n GM building with trenches first then adding some stars (potential) along the way is still probably the right way and still fascinating.

It's been extremely unfair to hold Ridder to a veteran standard while he's like 16 starts in and every other rookie QB struggles but most people have.

Can this system of huge athletes outside be successful? It did in TEN (and there were less) and Henry was unstoppable outside. Theoretically Bijan should be similarly dominant with 2-3 6-4 230lb athletes clearing out 5-10 200lb DBs.

The Falcons were a preseason fave dark horse that became more "no no this is whatever expected when they had so much cap" as if many switched to no they should be real good and a favorite.

There's a lot of cries for the GM and Arthur to be fired BUT what's wrong about how they're built? Do you really want a typical fire-sale and rebuild of that roster that really only is together this year?

The OL coaches are a given and maybe the DL coach or coaches but again theirs is injury. The TE coach has done well with literally everyone but Pitts. WR coach and RB coach...they're all producing.

The only two choices I think they have is to see if there's an available coach to take over the offense and defense as is including keeping a lot of position coaches that have done pretty well. (Maybe the Lions OC but I doubt it) Most guys want their team their staff.
Same can be said for the GM. They just cleared massive dead cap and a roster overhaul would create new dead cap with its restrictions or hangups to replacing players.

I think the Falcons can really only look to add some advisors like some old timey coach to assist or experienced GM. Then take a page out of the 1970s+80s and threaten to fire the GM and coach after 4-6 games next year if significant improvement isn't seen. After 2024 a lot of the contracts are manageable and it'll be simple to swap coach n GM. It's really only a theoretically a good idea for 2023.

Longest post here but...thought it was something to chew on while the game is on and you're projecting change for this team.

Falcons a home favorite.
"There's no place like home for the holidays..."

Atlanty- 26
Indy- 18

I think Indy rides Taylor to victory today.. I am just not sold on Smith, or the Falcons in anyway to pick them over a team that needs to win today.

This is by far the weirdest line of the week. I've been scratching my head at it. It started -2.5 for the Colts and has gone all the way to -3 for the Falcons. Heinicke is a definite upgrade over Ridder but a 5 point swing? Plus Colts had an extra day of rest. What is it that Vegas sees that we don't?

This is by far the weirdest line of the week. I've been scratching my head at it. It started -2.5 for the Colts and has gone all the way to -3 for the Falcons. Heinicke is a definite upgrade over Ridder but a 5 point swing? Plus Colts had an extra day of rest. What is it that Vegas sees that we don't?
IMO you go with the Colts because of their defense and running game. I don't think it will be a good fantasy game for anyone, except possibly Taylor and the Atlanta RBs. I'm hoping Downs has a big game, but I certainly wouldn't count on it. I wouldn't play any of the ATL receivers or TEs.

IMO you go with the Colts because of their defense and running game. I don't think it will be a good fantasy game for anyone, except possibly Taylor and the Atlanta RBs. I'm hoping Downs has a big game, but I certainly wouldn't count on it. I wouldn't play any of the ATL receivers or TEs.
Logic would say take the Colts. Everyone is betting the colts heavy (almost 90% of the tickets and 75% of the money). So Vegas would stand to lose big with this line. That's why it doesn't make sense.

Logic would say take the Colts. Everyone is betting the colts heavy (almost 90% of the tickets and 75% of the money). So Vegas would stand to lose big with this line. That's why it doesn't make sense.
So you're saying the fix is in? ;)

It’s probably one of the least bet games volume wise.

JT owners have to like to see the 6 Carries already.

Plus Atlanta came out firing so we could have a shootout and the RB1 spot in Indy today might need multiple TDs and chunk plays to stay ahead
No Pittman limits that pass attack.

Plus Atlanta came out firing so we could have a shootout and the RB1 spot in Indy today might need multiple TDs and chunk plays to stay ahead
The Indy D can turn any game into a shootout

They’ve been good for weeks

They’ve been good for weeks
Rushing D has been. I think today is a good test with Heineke instead of Ridder. Thr offense is too one-dimensional with Ridder.

Users who are viewing this thread