What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Company secrets they dont want you to know (1 Viewer)

Max Power

Footballguy
I started a thread on a similar topic years ago, but it seems to be gone now. I ran across this series of videos on YouTube and find this stuff facinating.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuXf78N0k1c

It's open secrets at your company or things a company hides from the consumer. Anyone here have anything good that you'd share about your industry?

I have nothing good for myself. I'm a DoD employee. I'd just say facts are skewed to meet the needs of whoever is in charge. 

Example from a buddy... marketing shampoo, they purposely show commercials pouring out more shampoo than necessary to encourage people to use more of the product than needed.

Example from a buddy... marketing shampoo, they purposely show commercials pouring out more shampoo than necessary to encourage people to use more of the product than needed.
Same with toothpaste.  They show a big spread over the full length of the brush when you only need half that or less.

Same with toothpaste.  They show a big spread over the full length of the brush when you only need half that or less.

LOL ...you are SOOOO right ...

my wife and I just had a semi-fight about that ...

she just said I'm a cheap SOB    :lmao:

while I watch most of what she just put on the brush fall out of her mouth

while looking like she's a rabid wolverine ...

I slept on the couch

LOL ...you are SOOOO right ...

my wife and I just had a semi-fight about that ...

she just said I'm a cheap SOB    :lmao:

while I watch most of what she just put on the brush fall out of her mouth

while looking like she's a rabid wolverine ...

I slept on the couch
:lol:   The ads even do an extra twirl upward at the end of the paste for maximum waste.  Does she do that one, too?

i haven't used shampoo (or conditioner) to wash my hair in over 20+ years ... the only time it hits my head is when i go for a cut/style (every 6 weeks).

got me a bar of Ivory soap that i use in the shower to clean the hair - that's it. 

full head o'hair, with no signs of loss or thinning - lest i just jinxed myself? 

:unsure:

Obviously no dairy farmers here.  Blood in milk can be common while a cow is milking calves, but that cow would not be milked for human consumption.  Milk gets tested before it's ever put in the tanker trucks and if there is an discoloring it will be rejected.  It may still get collected for other uses as there are different grades of milk, but it will not get used for human consumption.  

Obviously no dairy farmers here.  Blood in milk can be common while a cow is milking calves, but that cow would not be milked for human consumption.  Milk gets tested before it's ever put in the tanker trucks and if there is an discoloring it will be rejected.  It may still get collected for other uses as there are different grades of milk, but it will not get used for human consumption.  
Username checks out.

Not quite as bad as that, but heard most of the flavored whiskey and vodka is made from lesser ingredients than their regular bottles. Not to mention lower proof. 🙁
I once bought a gallon of vodka for 9.99 in 2000... my buddy and I were dehydrated for days after that. If I wasnt 21 that may have ended me.

And not all butter is the same butter that only comes from one factory.  There are plenty of different factories and recipes.  
I hope so.

fanciest dinner I've ever gone to (Per Se) had a freaking Butter Steward offering us pairings for our bread... each supposedly from a differnt spot on the globe, with a schpiel for each option as if it was fine wine.

Not buying the blood in chocolate milk thing.  It would make a lot more sense to use it for strawberry milk.  ;)  

I do know that if a batch of ice cream doesn't turn out quite right (color, consistency, flavor, etc.) they will often recycle that into a chocolate flavor.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  Chocolate is a great flavor masker.

I hope so.

fanciest dinner I've ever gone to (Per Se) had a freaking Butter Steward offering us pairings for our bread... each supposedly from a differnt spot on the globe, with a schpiel for each option as if it was fine wine.
Now I imagine you in these situations talking to your wife like Michael the hurling guy does.

"Do you want the Belgian Canola, Kathleen!?!?  Don't you even think about the Mongolian Ghee!!  If that so much as f---ing touches your knife, I'm sending you and the kids back to Waterford with your mother, Kathleen!!!"

(for those who are lost)

Last edited by a moderator:
... marketing shampoo, they purposely show commercials pouring out more shampoo than necessary to encourage people to use more of the product than needed.
This is also true of liquid laundry detergent (not e.g. Tide pods) and liquid dishwasher detergent (like Cascade or Palmolive, not e.g. Finish pods). A lot of people fill the cap all the way up every load. Nobody reads the small print, but the backs of laundry detergent jugs usually recommend only about 1.5 oz (three tablespoons) per medium laundry load.

For most loads of laundry, a quarter of a capful of liquid detergent is close enough to 1.5 oz (~ 6 to 8 oz is a typical full cap for the big jugs of liquid detergent). If it's lightly-worn stuff (which is 80% of laundry), two tablespoons (1 oz) is plenty.

What if you're washing something unusually soiled, like if you spilled a bunch of spaghetti sauce onto your clothes? Or infield dirt off of a baseball uniform? Use the recommended amount of laundry detergent and then add in some dishwashing liquid (like Dawn or Ajax) to the load -- a 1/4 cup is plenty.

Fireball has its place.
I have a really large bar and whiskey collection at my house - I’d be lying I’d I said I didn’t own a few bottles of flavored whiskey.  Top of head I think I have Crown Royal Peach, Absolute Vanilla, Fireball, P-Nutty (PB whiskey), couple of flavored moonshines.  None of them are worth drinking near save that CY Peach - that stuff if actually pretty damn tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread