What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Converse to "high-fliers" thread: Highly-owned guys you may be about to drop (1 Viewer)

cjv123

Footballguy
Rashaad Penny for me. Only the hype keeps him on my roster as I consider dropping guys like Latavius Murray with more tangible upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Saw the title thread and came here to post the exact same thing.

Here's my situation: I drafted the Bears D and want to pick up a one-week streamer to avoid their bad match-up. My two main options for who to drop are Mack and Penny. I figure with Mack, if we start to hear on Monday or Tuesday that he may be back (or even if we don't), other owners will think, "Potential starting RB. Definitely worth a waiver claim." 

On the other hand, Penny is unlikely to do much as the backup to Carson, so there's much less chance of him getting scooped up on the WW. And even if he does, I won't be too broken up about it.

Have to decide between Clement and Kelvin in one league and Clement and Cole in another to make room for a kicker. Hopefully tonight can give me more clairty on Clements role this year.

May not be highly owned enough to qualify but Taywan Taylor for me.  There was a 2 week or so stretch of training camp where he was getting talked about every day and I grabbed him in every best ball I could during that time span.  Wound up with him in one of my snake drafts but have since dropped him.  The buzz has faded, the preseason usage wasn't great in Pre Gm 3, Rishard Matthews looks to be back. etc etc.  I'm out.

To be fair, it's too early to be talking dynasty drops for the most part.
Nah, especially with larger leagues. In one large roster league, we just had cut downs & even more people are still being dropped. I'm trying to decide if I wanna keep Lindsay & Cordarelle Patterson on my roster or drop one for Jonnu Smith right now. I'm set at TE, though.

Isiah Crowell.  He was still sitting there when I drafted in the 12th round, so I picked him up just to have some additional depth at RB.  I don't see myself ever starting him unless he blows up unexpectedly or my RB position is terrible.

I have Gordon/Ekeler, CMC, Mixon, Barber, and Conner along with him. 

Ha! Saw the title thread and came here to post the exact same thing.

Here's my situation: I drafted the Bears D and want to pick up a one-week streamer to avoid their bad match-up. My two main options for who to drop are Mack and Penny. I figure with Mack, if we start to hear on Monday or Tuesday that he may be back (or even if we don't), other owners will think, "Potential starting RB. Definitely worth a waiver claim." 

On the other hand, Penny is unlikely to do much as the backup to Carson, so there's much less chance of him getting scooped up on the WW. And even if he does, I won't be too broken up about it.
+ SEA's dismal offensive line.

Yeah... Next closest would be Morris/Peterson/Corey Davis.
Agree that's tough. Personally, I'd drop Peterson because he has zero upside, but then again, I'm so down on him that I probably would never have drafted him in the first place.

You don't have a backup QB/TE who's expendable, do you? Only reason I ask is that I have a good buddy who plays fantasy, but not in any of my leagues, so we often bounce ideas off each other. He has this weird hangup about always backing up his QB/TE, to the extent that he'll drop useful RB/WRs to hold onto them.

Agree that's tough. Personally, I'd drop Peterson because he has zero upside, but then again, I'm so down on him that I probably would never have drafted him in the first place.

You don't have a backup QB/TE who's expendable, do you? Only reason I ask is that I have a good buddy who plays fantasy, but not in any of my leagues, so we often bounce ideas off each other. He has this weird hangup about always backing up his QB/TE, to the extent that he'll drop useful RB/WRs to hold onto them.
I've never drafted a back up QB/TE/Defense. Not a bad question though.

dropped Patterson and T Smith (NO) so far. kind of regretting the Patterson move, dropped him for Paul Richardson. Richardson looks to have more immediate value with a limited ceiling but probably more consistent output as a WR4-ish (fantasy, not NFL). Patterson on the other hand has an unknown ceiling and unknown usage, which poses a potential value higher than Richardson. I wouldn't start either, so the latter would have been smarter to sit on.

Ended up with a boatload of mid-tier RBs (behind Bell/Conner) to compete to be my RB2. Then dropped my kicker to grab Almo when McK got hurt. Now need to pare this list by one name before this weekend...

Kenyan Drake

Marshawn Lynch

Jamaal Williams

Alfred Morris

(leaning Morris)

Ended up with a boatload of mid-tier RBs (behind Bell/Conner) to compete to be my RB2. Then dropped my kicker to grab Almo when McK got hurt. Now need to pare this list by one name before this weekend...

Kenyan Drake

Marshawn Lynch

Jamaal Williams

Alfred Morris

(leaning Morris)
Yeah if Bell doesn't report by Saturday Morris.

Kenyan Drake

Marshawn Lynch

Jamaal Williams

Alfred Morris

(leaning Morris)
Fitz, it would be Morris if you have to make a cut. 

Have you pursued making a trade offer to a RB-deficient GM?    Good Luck . 

I'm keeping Clement in probably 100% of these scenarios. League winning upside, IMO. 

I've dropped C Coleman, Vance McDonald, Ty Montgomery (redraft). Booker is on red alert.

LawFitz said:

Kenyan Drake

Marshawn Lynch

Jamaal Williams

Alfred Morris

(leaning Morris)
Frack, now Marshawn has a sore groin. 

May not be highly owned enough to qualify but Taywan Taylor for me.  There was a 2 week or so stretch of training camp where he was getting talked about every day and I grabbed him in every best ball I could during that time span.  Wound up with him in one of my snake drafts but have since dropped him.  The buzz has faded, the preseason usage wasn't great in Pre Gm 3, Rishard Matthews looks to be back. etc etc.  I'm out.
I'm giving him a couple of weeks to see whether he has any kind of decent role in that offense. If he does, he's a hold. 

I dropped Marlon Mack, to snag Andy Dalton on a one-week strong matchup play vs. INDY. (is he even healthy yet?? NO.)

Mack was one of 7 RBs I had in my stable, but seriously....... when are you going to be confident rolling that guy out, all INDY things considered?  Their defense is among the worst, and who even knows how much "LUCK"  their offense is really going to have early on.       :)

If I really have to start Mack and have to depend on him in any long term sort of way, my season will be shot at that point anyway.

I might regret a few things this season, but I don't think dropping Marlon Mack is going to be something I will lose any sleep over.

TZM

:yes:

He's my 4th string QB. Looked like it too. 
Ryan has declined quite a bit since his MVP season in 2016.

His OC doesn't help matters, though. It takes a special kind of stupid to leave Julio out of GL packages on a consistent basis.

Sark either thinks he's really smart or Julio messed with his wife.

Kelvin Benjamin mentioned only once. I'm a bit surprised. I'm holding onto him, over A. Morris who I next cut, and all because I read a BUF fan in here say Peterman just lobs the ball up to Kelvin every play. But Benjamin has a very short rope with me.

Kelvin Benjamin mentioned only once. I'm a bit surprised. I'm holding onto him, over A. Morris who I next cut, and all because I read a BUF fan in here say Peterman just lobs the ball up to Kelvin every play. But Benjamin has a very short rope with me.
In a re-draft-short bench league I just dropped Benjamin for B. Marshall.   Watching Buffalo yank their starters at 1/2 time was all she wrote for me.  It's not like the Buffalo offense is a well oiled machine & don't need the work.

Users who are viewing this thread