What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Corvette: Mid-Engine (1 Viewer)

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome. But it looks more like the love child of a Ferrari and an NSX. I don't know if it's Corvette enough for me.
Truth -- to me, Corvettes have always had a signature look. Much like most 4-door sedans look mostly alike these days, seems like Corvette is committed to dropping their iconic style and profile in favor of looking like a MacLaren.

To me, Vette's started to slip in their design since the C4 days in the mid-80s, but you could still immediately tell it was a Vette. The C7 models and now this? Not so sure.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of old Vettes and would love to own one, but lets be real, they didn't drive or handle great and the maintenance on them will not be the same.
Truth here too - Vettes were fun and fast but never comfortable. 

First Corvette in a long time the masses seem genuinely excited about. No longer looks like a mid life crisis car. 
I do love that they are going for mass accessibility with the low price. But this still absolutely looks like mid-life crisis car to me -- just a way more affordable one.

i actually think the ford mustang has done a pretty good job of staying true to its original look i do not feel that way at all about camaros or chargers and now the corvette joins that list dont get me wrong i would take any of them i am just saying that the modern versions are a pretty long ways away from what the originals looked like in my opinion take that to the bank brochachos

I've noticed a couple of these lately and didn't realize they were Corvettes at first.

I've never been a fan of the original Corvette look. It was never my style. I was always drawn to Ferraris and Lamborghinis when I was younger.

I would absolutely consider one of these if looking to buy a sports car, especially at that price.

I've noticed a couple of these lately and didn't realize they were Corvettes at first.

I've never been a fan of the original Corvette look. It was never my style. I was always drawn to Ferraris and Lamborghinis when I was younger.

I would absolutely consider one of these if looking to buy a sports car, especially at that price.
:goodposting: Love the lates 60s Vette but that's about it. The new version is gorgeous, definitely would consider one.

The ERay is rad too of course but the regular Corvette seems incredible too. It feels like it ought to cost twice what it does.

if i only had 115k laying around. chevy has done an awesome job redoing the Corvette. my 14 year old wants his 16th birthday present to get to drive one.

The wild part though is you can get the base level, that feels and looks incredible for $66k. That's still a ton of money of course for a car. But there are LOTS of cars and trucks that cost way more.

I would have expected the base level to be twice that much for how amazing the car looks.

if i only had 115k laying around. chevy has done an awesome job redoing the Corvette. my 14 year old wants his 16th birthday present to get to drive one.

The wild part though is you can get the base level, that feels and looks incredible for $66k. That's still a ton of money of course for a car. But there are LOTS of cars and trucks that cost way more.

I would have expected the base level to be twice that much for how amazing the car looks.
Look at the cost of replacement tires though...

Can you get one though? I haven’t checked recently but at one time it was like a two year wait if you didn’t want to pay way over retail.

Can you get one though? I haven’t checked recently but at one time it was like a two year wait if you didn’t want to pay way over retail.

Yes. In stock at that price in lots of places. You can price and build on the corvette website and it'll point you to all cars like that in stock and ready to buy today at regular price.

That was the case with a lot of cars. There's still wait times, but there are opportunities for anything if you look hard enough.

Users who are viewing this thread