What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Creation vs. Evolution (1 Viewer)

12. The Sahara desert is expanding. It could easily have been formed in a few thousand years. See any earth science textbook.
We have historical accounts of this.
Yes. The Sahara has only been a desert for a few thousand years. It was not a desert back when glaciers were moving through it during the Ordovician period.
There were glaciers during the Ordovician period?
http://earth.usc.edu/~stott/Catalina/Ordivician.html
The Sahara was on the south freaking pole then. I get a do-over.

I haven't checked all of them, nor have I checked the strength of the counter arguments, but looks like every one of these arguments are refuted here .
Just read all of these conterarguments, and they are pretty good. :thumbup: Better than anything Larry's seminar is putting out, anyway. More often than not, the counterargument ends up not only refuting the creationist argument, but ends up proving that the earth cannot be less than 10,000 years old. Most of them are ridiculous on their face (see Niagra Falls, Delta, Sahara Desert - why would the age of these specific areas of the earth act as an age limit on the entire earth?).

I haven't checked all of them, nor have I checked the strength of the counter arguments, but looks like every one of these arguments are refuted here .
Just read all of these conterarguments, and they are pretty good. :thumbup: Better than anything Larry's seminar is putting out, anyway. More often than not, the counterargument ends up not only refuting the creationist argument, but ends up proving that the earth cannot be less than 10,000 years old. Most of them are ridiculous on their face (see Niagra Falls, Delta, Sahara Desert - why would the age of these specific areas of the earth act as an age limit on the entire earth?).
What I found nice is that the wording of the arguments was exactly the same as in Larry's posts. So there's no ambiguity there - real science took the exact creation science arguments Larry found and went to town on them.God bless science.

Or maybe Thor bless science.

9. The slowing spin of the earth limits its age to less than the "billions of years" called for by the theory of evolution.
The Theory of Evolution makes no statement about the rotation of the earth. The Theory of Evolution talks only of species diversification through gene mutation and selection.And yes, I WILL keep harping at you about this until you start getting it right. Imagine if I kept talking about Christianity as if Moses was the son of God and that Tuesday was the sabbath. Pretty dumb, right? Well that's what you're doing.

9. The slowing spin of the earth limits its age to less than the "billions of years" called for by the theory of evolution.
The Theory of Evolution makes no statement about the rotation of the earth. The Theory of Evolution talks only of species diversification through gene mutation and selection.And yes, I WILL keep harping at you about this until you start getting it right. Imagine if I kept talking about Christianity as if Moses was the son of God and that Tuesday was the sabbath. Pretty dumb, right? Well that's what you're doing.
Surprisingly common mistake... perhaps they are NOT teaching evolution in schools anymore.

I do get it right, you realize that it is taught as if Evolution = abiogenesis, big bang, and evolution, right? I mean, seriously, I know the difference...I just think its funny that you know what I mean for about 10 pages every time we discuss this lol

you realize that it is taught as if Evolution = abiogenesis, big bang, and evolution, right?
What class would talk about both the big bang and evolutionary theory?
a lot of them... anything before 9th grade for one...they'd also tell little Johnny in first grade that Chrsitianity is a lie and those who believe in Creation are dumb... well, in some places they do, at least... (unless no one uses those textbooks that are copywrited in the last few years)

I do get it right, you realize that it is taught as if Evolution = abiogenesis, big bang, and evolution, right? I mean, seriously, I know the difference...I just think its funny that you know what I mean for about 10 pages every time we discuss this lol
Okay. I will henceforth be referring to Jesus Christ as "That Half-Witted Girly-Man". I trust you'll understand who I'm talking about.

they'd also tell little Johnny in first grade that Chrsitianity is a lie and those who believe in Creation are dumb... well, in some places they do, at least... (unless no one uses those textbooks that are copywrited in the last few years)
:rotflmao: Science textbooks? In first grade?First graders struggle just to read.Your fear of this supposed anti-Christianity movement is silly. :tinfoilhat:

you realize that it is taught as if Evolution = abiogenesis, big bang, and evolution, right?
What class would talk about both the big bang and evolutionary theory?
a lot of them... anything before 9th grade for one...they'd also tell little Johnny in first grade that Chrsitianity is a lie and those who believe in Creation are dumb... well, in some places they do, at least... (unless no one uses those textbooks that are copywrited in the last few years)
What 1st grade textbooks in particular say Christianity is a lie and Creationists are dumb?

they'd also tell little Johnny in first grade that Chrsitianity is a lie and those who believe in Creation are dumb...
Apologies if I'm wrong, but don't most public schools in this country still give Good Friday off?And don't they coordinate their spring break with the week after Easter?Those damn Athiests!

they'd also tell little Johnny in first grade that Chrsitianity is a lie and those who believe in Creation are dumb... well, in some places they do, at least... (unless no one uses those textbooks that are copywrited in the last few years)
:rotflmao: Science textbooks? In first grade?First graders struggle just to read.Your fear of this supposed anti-Christianity movement is silly. :tinfoilhat:
the first grade thing was kinda not serious, although they did have 1st grade teachers guides telling teachers to say that stuff...they also had textbooks for older kids that had the stuff written down in them....

the first grade thing was kinda not serious, although they did have 1st grade teachers guides telling teachers to say that stuff...they also had textbooks for older kids that had the stuff written down in them....
Which specific teacher guides and textbooks teach that Christianity is a lie and Creationists are dumb?

Um, no. You are incorrect again sir. I went to two different high schools and had one of the crappiest science teachers on the face of the planet at high school #2 and even there this was not taught. Evolution is taught as how man and apes evolved from a common ancestor during biology class. The big bang theory is taught in an entirely different class as to how the universe began in an entirely different class. Exactly what sort of school did you go to, Larry, that you were able to achieve solid ACT scores despite not having elementary level knowledge of geology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, biology, etc. Were you home taught or did you attend a Christian private school that follows New-Earth principles? The worst schools in the country taught these subjects well beyond the knowledge that you are showing us in these subjects. You are not going to be able to defend yourself in a debate if you lack the least bit of knowledge of your opposition's positions and views.

oh and 1 last parting word for you illogical atheists, you may have faith in atheism, but God has faith in you.

I'm Justin Bateman and that's one to grow on

Some beetles live in salt water
...those beetles...didn't need to be on the ark......take 1/2 of those animals out for being (aquatic)...

and another 1/6 we'll say for other (aquatic) animals...
VS.
...without a catastrophic event that fossilized EVERYTHING INSTANTLY, how did anything become fossilized?
So, in response to your OPENING post on this thread, answer me this: were ALL of the salt-water-beetles and fish and other aquatic-animals destroyed and fossilized in the ocean during the "flood" or were they somehow crammed into the "ark"?...this is my third or fourth try at trying to get a response to this question. Not only has Larry not responded, but nobody from the long list of his opposition has even acknowledged this question. Am I missing something, or is this one of many ways to catch him in a contradiction?

:queuethejeopardymusic:

:beatingadeadhorse:

:popcorn:

Job, Cont.

the second thing talked about is the Leviathon... There are some that think that the Leviathon is really a T-Rex.

v.8 - You can't beat him, if he sees you, you will die

v16-17 - he had scales

v.18 - when he "neezes" light shines... ("neezing" is kinda like "Sneezing" for real... its a mistranslation, just taken right into Englihs, that kinda thing)

v.20 - flames out of his mouth

v.34 - beholds all high things, the king of all prideful things

4 reasons to believe fire-breathing "dragon" or dinasour existed:

1. the Bible says it

2. the legends of fire-breathing dragons

3. it is possible (see: Bombadier Beetle)

4. the big crest int he back of some dinosaurs heads could have held the chemicals needed to breathe fire (see: bombadier beetle). Also, the "honeycomb"-like structure in the back of a T-Rex's head also could have contained the chemicals.

Also, there are Japanese eggs painted in ancient times with fire-breathing T-Rex's on them. (well, what appears to be a T-Rex)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: where the #### was I on this day. :wall:

Job, Cont.

the second thing talked about is the Leviathon... There are some that think that the Leviathon is really a T-Rex.

v.8 - You can't beat him, if he sees you, you will die

v16-17 - he had scales

v.18 - when he "neezes" light shines... ("neezing" is kinda like "Sneezing" for real... its a mistranslation, just taken right into Englihs, that kinda thing)

v.20 - flames out of his mouth

v.34 - beholds all high things, the king of all prideful things

4 reasons to believe fire-breathing "dragon" or dinasour existed:

1. the Bible says it

2. the legends of fire-breathing dragons

3. it is possible (see: Bombadier Beetle)

4. the big crest int he back of some dinosaurs heads could have held the chemicals needed to breathe fire (see: bombadier beetle). Also, the "honeycomb"-like structure in the back of a T-Rex's head also could have contained the chemicals.

Also, there are Japanese eggs painted in ancient times with fire-breathing T-Rex's on them. (well, what appears to be a T-Rex)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: where the #### was I on this day. :wall:
Godzilla looked kinda like T-Rex and he breathed fire. This has been documented in several Soho films.

they'd also tell little Johnny in first grade that Chrsitianity is a lie and those who believe in Creation are dumb...
Apologies if I'm wrong, but don't most public schools in this country still give Good Friday off?And don't they coordinate their spring break with the week after Easter?Those damn Athiests!
You are wrong. A lot of places took away Good Friday when they added Martin Luther King Day. And Spring breaks have nothing to do with Easter since the breaks are typically the same time each year and Easter can be anywhere from late March to late April.

You are wrong. A lot of places took away Good Friday when they added Martin Luther King Day. And Spring breaks have nothing to do with Easter since the breaks are typically the same time each year and Easter can be anywhere from late March to late April.
I'm pretty sure I got Easter off as a kid. Maybe it's changed.

Only if your school district holds classes on Sunday.

Only if your school district holds classes on Sunday.
Touche'. I meant that we got time off around Easter.

Nope. It hasn't changed. In all the school systems my sister and mother worked for in the past ... let me think ... twenty-five years they have had Good Friday and Easter (edit: of course b/c its on Sunday) off, and they have also coordinated Spring Break with the Easter holiday when possible.Most states have a mandatory number of days the kids have to be in school. I can see a school system doing as CE pointed out too. Add one day off (especially when it is mandated) and take away another as opposed to adding an extra day at the end of the year or something. That would kind of suck though. In Illinois, where my sister has worked, they get Pulaski day off!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was six men of IndostanTo learning much inclined,Who went to see the Elephant~(Though all of them were blind),That each by observation~Might satisfy his mind.The First approached the Elephant,And happening to fallAgainst his broad and sturdy side, ~ At once began to bawl:"God bless me! but the Elephant ~ Is very like a wall!"The Second, feeling of the tusk, Cried, "Ho! what have we here?So very round and smooth and sharp? ~ To me 'tis mighty clearThis wonder of an Elephant ~ Is very like a spear!"The Third approached the animal,And happening to takeThe squirming trunk within his hands, ~ Thus boldly up and spake:"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant ~ Is very like a snake!"The Fourth reached out an eager hand, And felt about the knee."What most this wondrous beast is like ~ Is mighty plain," quoth her;"'Tis clear enough the Elephant ~ Is very like a tree!"The Fifth who chanced to touch the ear,Said: "E'en the blindest manCan tell what this resembles most; ~ Deny the fact who can,This marvel of an Elephant ~ Is very like a fan!"The Sixth no sooner had begun About the beast to grope, Than, seizing on the swinging tail ~ That fell within his scope,"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant ~ Is very like a rope!And so these men of Indostan Disputed loud and long,Each in his own opinion ~ Exceeding stiff and strong, Though each was partly in the right ~ And all were in the wrong!MoralSo oft in theologic wars,The disputants, I ween,Rail on in utter ignoranceOf what each other mean,And prate about an Elephant Not one of them has seen!-John Godfrey Saxe

Interesting, Bueno. I've heard that elephant story my whole life, and not once has it come capped with the moral of theological disputes (but that's probably because i went to public schools). Kinda like the teaching of Thanksgiving or Christmas these days.I like it; thanks for posting.

It was six men of IndostanTo learning much inclined,Who went to see the Elephant~(Though all of them were blind),That each by observation~Might satisfy his mind.The First approached the Elephant,And happening to fallAgainst his broad and sturdy side, ~ At once began to bawl:"God bless me! but the Elephant ~ Is very like a wall!"The Second, feeling of the tusk, Cried, "Ho! what have we here?So very round and smooth and sharp? ~ To me 'tis mighty clearThis wonder of an Elephant ~ Is very like a spear!"The Third approached the animal,And happening to takeThe squirming trunk within his hands, ~ Thus boldly up and spake:"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant ~ Is very like a snake!"The Fourth reached out an eager hand, And felt about the knee."What most this wondrous beast is like ~ Is mighty plain," quoth her;"'Tis clear enough the Elephant ~ Is very like a tree!"The Fifth who chanced to touch the ear,Said: "E'en the blindest manCan tell what this resembles most; ~ Deny the fact who can,This marvel of an Elephant ~ Is very like a fan!"The Sixth no sooner had begun About the beast to grope, Than, seizing on the swinging tail ~ That fell within his scope,"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant ~ Is very like a rope!And so these men of Indostan Disputed loud and long,Each in his own opinion ~ Exceeding stiff and strong, Though each was partly in the right ~ And all were in the wrong!MoralSo oft in theologic wars,The disputants, I ween,Rail on in utter ignoranceOf what each other mean,And prate about an Elephant Not one of them has seen!-John Godfrey Saxe
I liked it better when this poem was about an armadillo.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: funniest thing I ever read.And I agree wif RedRaiders.

This stuff is priceless.Makes me realise that I wasted most of my life studying, when I should have been reading the boards... :thumbup:

This stuff is priceless.Makes me realise that I wasted most of my life studying, when I should have been reading the boards... :thumbup:
Much like the Great Library of Alexandria in ancient times this is the repository of all human knowledge.

Much like the Great Library of Alexandria in ancient times this is the repository of all human knowledge.
Please put "knowledge" in quotes. TIA.
How do I go about returning my degree?Can I just write to the university and tell them I'd like NOT to have a Biological Sciences (Zoology) degree anymore, as I've realised the error in my ways?Maybe I can get it transmuted to a Theoretical-heretical psuedo-Scientific meta-Studies degree or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I go about returning my degree?
Burn it in effigy, then notify the college that you don't believe in them anymore, they are not endorsed by Noodlefish Enterprises.The authorities will take care of the rest.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: funniest thing I ever read.And I agree wif RedRaiders.
holy #### I missed this. :rotflmao:

Dear Larry,Please cut it out. I'm guessing that you might find one piece of anecdotal evidence to back up that post. Maybe one. And that's pushing it. You're blanket statement here doesn't apply to more than 99% of classrooms across the country. You're not going to be respected here because of stuff like this. More likely to be mocked and ridiculed.

Why does this thread exist, and how the hell does it have 25 pages? Science has routinely bent over religion and made it it's ##### for thousands of years. When are you guys gonna finally say "No mas! No mas!"?

Why does this thread exist, and how the hell does it have 25 pages? Science has routinely bent over religion and made it it's ##### for thousands of years. When are you guys gonna finally say "No mas! No mas!"?
This isn't a submission match, it's Last Man Standing. Time to start warming up the finishing move, though.

Users who are viewing this thread