What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM* (2 Viewers)

richard chiropractor.

This episode felt connected to episodes in season's past in a way that most of this year's shows have not. It was like a throwback with the multiple storylines, the catchphrases, and Larry being totally unapologetic about what an arsehole he truly is.

I'm not sure what it is about the Funk Man but I start laughing before he even says anything, his voice is so odd and his face looks like 10 plastic surgeries with sandpaper. That was a great line.

Toss in Lewis' "Goldfish would commit suicide in this water." 

The school bus was epic!

Another great episode!
If you haven't seen Super Dave on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee yet...I can't recommend it highly enough. 

https://fyc.crackle.com/programs/comedians-cars-getting-coffee/videos/its-not-so-funny-when-its-your-mother

The whole thing is amazing but he tells one joke in it that legitimately had my wife and I in tears for DAYS whenever we'd mention it. 

I've enjoyed the season to some degree because it's "Curb" and one of the funniest shows ever created, but this season reminds me of some of the later seasons of Seinfeld.  So much of it seems......forced.  Most recent episode was all over the place, just cramming in material.  The Judge Judy thing could have been a lot funnier but instead, he's bringing up the unfiltered water bit again.  Meh.  

Glad they brought it back, but it's lost a lot off its fastball.

This past episode was just terrible.  I've barely laughed this year, and I've loved the earlier seasons of this show.

I've enjoyed the season to some degree because it's "Curb" and one of the funniest shows ever created, but this season reminds me of some of the later seasons of Seinfeld.  So much of it seems......forced.  Most recent episode was all over the place, just cramming in material.  The Judge Judy thing could have been a lot funnier but instead, he's bringing up the unfiltered water bit again.  Meh.  

Glad they brought it back, but it's lost a lot off its fastball.
I'm glad we agree.  There was a nice conclusion to the fatwah business, which I didn't like at first, but I'm afraid the play schtick is going to continue to be a bore.  I gave an audible "ha" at one of the jokes last night but kept having to stop myself from fast forwarding through bits which were bombing.  I think it was when Jeff was relating his sprained penis to Larry and Leon, or possibly when Larry brought out the nondisclosure agreement in bed.

I can't stand Judge Judy, but that all of the scenes with that old lady should've been gold.  She just wasn't good at all, and like you said, they recycled the unfiltered water bit to ruin it completely.

Also, the set-ups for Larry falling asleep at Hamilton at the end were too telegraphed.

1st episode was good.  The first unfiltered water episode with Funkhauser was excellent.  The end to the fatwah was good.  I have laughed during other episodes, but while last season ranks up with any previous, this feels like the end.  Don't get me wrong... I'm watching Season 10 if they do one, but I'm not going to be wishing for it.

I'm glad we agree.  There was a nice conclusion to the fatwah business, which I didn't like at first, but I'm afraid the play schtick is going to continue to be a bore.  I gave an audible "ha" at one of the jokes last night but kept having to stop myself from fast forwarding through bits which were bombing.  I think it was when Jeff was relating his sprained penis to Larry and Leon, or possibly when Larry brought out the nondisclosure agreement in bed.

I can't stand Judge Judy, but that all of the scenes with that old lady should've been gold.  She just wasn't good at all, and like you said, they recycled the unfiltered water bit to ruin it completely.

Also, the set-ups for Larry falling asleep at Hamilton at the end were too telegraphed.

1st episode was good.  The first unfiltered water episode with Funkhauser was excellent.  The end to the fatwah was good.  I have laughed during other episodes, but while last season ranks up with any previous, this feels like the end.  Don't get me wrong... I'm watching Season 10 if they do one, but I'm not going to be wishing for it.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the season overall also.   I've seen this happen with many comedy shows...  they hit some highs at points that are so high that they can't continue to reach them.. and we stick around for an occasional episode where they do hit that high.. and it's better than not having the show at all.. but it's not what it was.   I saw the same thing happen with Workaholics and the League..  and with Sunny in Philadelphia at times.

IDK, with one exception I've really enjoyed this year. 

Sign a non-disclosure? Hell no, she has "Long Ball Larry" stories that are priceless! I almost choked on my pizza and snorted some beer!!

And the Tahoe event that has Danson snickering will have to come out in the final--- those longballs were swinging all over the lake!

I got the sense that Miranda is a huge fan of Larry and the show, but Larry is mostly oblivious to Hamilton, other than knowing that it is a huge phenomenon. Nothing rang true about that whole story arc. 

The scenes between Larry and F. Murray Abraham felt much more authentic.

Yeah, really hoped for more from the finale. Decent season but not great.

Reminds me a bit of when Arrested Development came back after their long hiatus, although Curb was better than that.

Decent season for a normal comedy, bad season for Curb. Really didn't like much in these last couple episodes especially. 

I know I said this last week but these runtimes are just ridiculous. Who thought that made sense?

Season was fine...but it ended with a thud....not enough leon...you telling me he didn't end up with the swingers???

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there plans for another season?

I thought the first and last episode of the season were meh, the in between was pretty dang good for the most part.

Is there plans for another season?

I thought the first and last episode of the season were meh, the in between was pretty dang good for the most part.
Goodness, I hope not. I watched, but it was brutal at times. They really forced everything, and kept bringing back old gags (and people), so it became sort of a victory lap / parody of itself. 

I liked it but maybe its because my wife is a total Outfit Tracker and it annoys me too :lmao:

And everyone starting at the interpreter was funny. But yeah overall a down season.

Goodness, I hope not. I watched, but it was brutal at times. They really forced everything, and kept bringing back old gags (and people), so it became sort of a victory lap / parody of itself. 
I think the time gap between seasons led to that.  If it gets a new season, hopefully it happens next year so there will be no need for anymore revisits.

And boom.. they got almost instantly renewed for season 10.

Kind of surprising in a way...   I'll watch...  but my enthusiasm has been effectively curbed for it.

And boom.. they got almost instantly renewed for season 10.

Kind of surprising in a way...   I'll watch...  but my enthusiasm has been effectively curbed for it.
I think the long break hurt them. Too much overthinking. Too much trying to bring back old characters. Too much reusing old jokes. Now they can just focus on the upcoming season rather than try to recreate the past if that makes any sense.

I watched the season finale without realizing it was the season finale, so that was a downer when I figured it out a few days later.

Looks like they start filming for s10 in the spring.  I'll tune in, no reason not to, it's Curb, and enough good things happened in s9.

Was this season as good as previous seasons? No way. But let's not forget that it's hard to be as good as one of the all time greatest comedies. Nothing lasts forever and constant change is here to stay.

I went into the season just glad to see these characters back. They all had hilarious and memorable moments this season, and I enjoyed it. I'l never NOT watch new Curb episodes.

Was this season as good as previous seasons? No way. But let's not forget that it's hard to be as good as one of the all time greatest comedies. Nothing lasts forever and constant change is here to stay.

I went into the season just glad to see these characters back. They all had hilarious and memorable moments this season, and I enjoyed it. I'l never NOT watch new Curb episodes.
Exactly

I'm glad it got renewed.  I could make an argument they had 4/10 good episodes, with one being on par with any well liked one from previous years.  Could've been worse.

There's a lady that was running for Congress in Kansas until it was learned that her company settled a lawsuit filed by a male employee for sexual harassment.  That employee's name?  Gary Funkhouser. :lmao:

I thought that was a made up name as I'd never heard it before and now I can't stop laughing at the image of Curb's Funkhouser suing a woman for sexual harassment.  NOT THAT THAT IS EVER FUNNY, but Funkhouser.... :lmao:

Not getting the hate, especially if you were a previous fan. Was this one of the best episodes ever? No. Was it far worse than any previous episode? No. 

This was typical Curb. Hit and miss, hilarious at times, cringy at times. Loved it and looking forward to the rest of the season. 

And WTF do you expect? After 6 years, previously old people will look older. David and Lewis are 70 years old---they should look old. 
Maybe it is better when you were always older looking...Larry looked 70 when he was 50 and now still looks the same.

Users who are viewing this thread