What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM* (1 Viewer)

It's funny how much Larry David is a part of my subconsciousness.

• People aren't supposed to bring their dogs to work. They do. I have to suppress the urge to tell them off.
  • People bring their 9 year olds to R rated films at 10pm, and I want to ask what the heck is wrong with them.
  • One time at a comedy show, these three morons were talking so loud, I turned around and demanded they shut the #### up. 
  • People roll through stop signs, I want to roll down my window and shame them.
  • People text while drive, more than once I've laid on my car horn to hopefully scare them sober.
I think that's why we like Larry: he says the things we all want to say.

So great! Some many excellent schticks and call-backs throughout. Peak form, imo. 

And my wife hated it, so it must’ve been an excellent, ridiculously hilarious episode ;)  

Just before they went with the joke with Jeff, I said "wow, he looks like Harvey Weinstein" and my wife commented that he could play him in a movie. Two seconds later...lmao

Great premiere. Latte Larry! The MAGA hat was hilarious.

i wish "Curb" Larry would confront real Larry on the street -

CL: "ehhh, nice premiere, but ... that's enough with Leon already - we get it"

it's tired. 

i wish "Curb" Larry would confront real Larry on the street -

CL: "ehhh, nice premiere, but ... that's enough with Leon already - we get it"

it's tired. 
Agreed. Leon was funny for a while, but it’s like he serves no purpose now except to pop up in a few scenes to launch non-stop profanity. His scenes are always the worst. 

Agreed. Leon was funny for a while, but it’s like he serves no purpose now except to pop up in a few scenes to launch non-stop profanity. His scenes are always the worst. 
He had the best line of the episode. On why people don't wear MAGA hats backward: if you're going to get your ### beat you want to see it coming

Leon is awesome.

And the reason he is there is because they need scenes for Larry to bounce stuff off of.  It used to be Cheryl, but with them separating, he needed to have someone.  Would be weird if he was just alone in his house talking to himself.  

Leon is awesome.

And the reason he is there is because they need scenes for Larry to bounce stuff off of.  It used to be Cheryl, but with them separating, he needed to have someone.  Would be weird if he was just alone in his house talking to himself.  
Exactly

Leon is awesome.

gee, thanks for explaining why he's there, don't think anyone really knew!  :unsure:  

and he's funny why?  he can go snack a bag of Richards.  

exactly what?

"THEM'S TAPPING HOURS!" is funny?  aysfkm? 

#### him, and #### Larry for keeping him around. 

he hasn't done anything even remotely laughable since the Groat's episode ... he's a steaming pile of "one trick pony"  dung. 

here's hoping Larry's hookup with Cheryl starts to phase this numb nutz out .... good lord he's tedious. 

gee, thanks for explaining why he's there, don't think anyone really knew!  :unsure:  

and he's funny why?  he can go snack a bag of Richards.  

exactly what?

"THEM'S TAPPING HOURS!" is funny?  aysfkm? 

#### him, and #### Larry for keeping him around. 

he hasn't done anything even remotely laughable since the Groat's episode ... he's a steaming pile of "one trick pony"  dung. 

here's hoping Larry's hookup with Cheryl starts to phase this numb nutz out .... good lord he's tedious. 
I feel like a lot of New Yorkers don't like me.  :lol:

shadyridr said:
I love him :shrug:
I love Leon as well. I'm rolling by the stupid, profane interplay between Leon and Larry.

Heck, the opening scene where Larry asks "Areyou happy with your skin color?" And Leon says: "####in' love my color. ####in' mahogany." I was rolling.

Love his energy!

signed,

Former NYer

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Leon as well. I'm rolling by the stupid, profane interplay between Leon and Larry.

Heck, the opening scene where Larry asks "Areyou happy with your skin color?" And Leon says: "####in' love my color. ####in' mahogany." I was rolling.

Love his energy!

signed,

Former NYer
I wasn't saying New Yorkers don't like HIM.  I was saying they don't like ME.  I was joking around because OTB seemed angry when he replied back to me and shady has been upset with me longer than I realized.  Both from New York.  It was just a joke.

All that said, Leon is the best.  My favorite ever with him was when Tim Meadows called Larry and Leon answered and thought he was making fun of him. :lol:

I wasn't saying New Yorkers don't like HIM.  I was saying they don't like ME.  I was joking around because OTB seemed angry when he replied back to me and shady has been upset with me longer than I realized.  Both from New York.  It was just a joke.

All that said, Leon is the best.  My favorite ever with him was when Tim Meadows called Larry and Leon answered and thought he was making fun of him. :lol:
You have a horrible take about the Astros cheating scandal. I have nothing against you personally. 

Meh.  The painting of Susie made me laugh when I saw it, but was disappointed that she loved it.  Would have been much better if she hated it from the jump.  Side sitting was dumb.  

The poker game was pretty funny; if a little insensitive to those with cancer.  

Cheryl gets hotter and hotter the older I get.

i thought last episode was one of the better of recent vintage .... L.D.'s always been subtle with his politics, and the whole #metoo, and taking down of historical monuments, was satired brilliantly - when he goes bat#### on the Ted Danson "Lee" poster it looked just like the teardown in New Orleans, with Lee hanging askew off the pedestal, as it were.

I love this season so far.  Much better than last one.  First ep was especially money

I am finally starting to watch the show.  I had never seen it before and am starting with the first season.  Never seen any episodes before a few weeks ago.  I am a huge fan of the show Seinfeld and was expecting something great.  So far there have been some good things, some almost exact copies of Seinfeld storylines, but all in all I haven't been that impressed.  I also don't like that it seems like much of the time people are talking over each other.  This may be part of the improv nature of the show but it seems to get in the way sometimes.  I am most of the way through season 1 but have tapered off because it hasn't pulled me in yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread