What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutler to Bears (1 Viewer)

Zigg

Footballguy
Right before it went to commercial. No link, no info, just what I read. Feel free to delete if I missed another thread.

Yup, just heard from 850KOA, official Broncos station, Dave Logan, announced that Broncos have trade in principle with Bears

Eisen just said 09 1st & 3rd, 2010 1st, & Kyle Orton for Cutler & 09 5th

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...-040209.article

The Bears acquired quarterback Jay Cutler today for No. 1 draft picks in 2009 and 2010, a No. 3 pick this year and Kyle Orton, the Sun-Times has learned.

The Bears receive the Broncos' fifth-round draft pick this year.

Cutler, 25, is coming off a Pro Bowl season with the Broncos, but he became disgruntled and wanted a trade after learning Denver was considering a deal for quarterback Matt Cassel.

Kudos to Denver for getting a haul even though their cards were all out on the table, and bigger kudos to Jerry Angelo for doing what most thought he never would, pay up aggressively for a marquis player.

That sound you heard was brandon Marshall getting arrested for going on a rampage out in the streets.

Whoa! I can't believe this? As a Bears fan I'm shocked. I'm really happy. I mean really, really, really, happy.

THE CHICAGO BEARS HAVE AN ESTABLISHED QB!

Whoa! I can't believe this? As a Bears fan I'm shocked. I'm really happy. I mean really, really, really, happy.

THE CHICAGO BEARS HAVE AN ESTABLISHED QB!
DENVER GOT RID OF A HEADCASE AND SCORES BIG!!

Denver came out smelling like a rose, Jesus.
I really don't get this sentiment. Sure they got some picks, but they have no QB. With two extra firsts and an extra third the should probably be happy if they get two solid starters out of the deal.I think the Bears made out like freaking bandits. They actually have a decent QB now. If their defense can in any way approximate the level of play from 2-3 years ago they are a legit super bowl contender.

Kid gets to play for his favorite childhood team. Most talented QB in the past 60+ years to play for the Bears.

He's only 25 years old. Bears fans can take this time to think of the possibilities.

Really impressive. And as an NFC East fan, I'm THRILLED Dan Snyder didn't get his mitts on him. Plus, now Danny Boy has his own young QB who is going to gripe about not being wanted. :lmao:

Not buying this deal for some reason. Denver got 2 1st rounders but still dont have a QB. Guess they went from not competing to still not competing. :lmao:

I really don't get this sentiment. Sure they got some picks, but they have no QB. With two extra firsts and an extra third the should probably be happy if they get two solid starters out of the deal.I think the Bears made out like freaking bandits. They actually have a decent QB now. If their defense can in any way approximate the level of play from 2-3 years ago they are a legit super bowl contender.
Maybe they try and flip either 1st for another QB?

So in Denver it's Chris Simms vs. Kyle Orten vs. Rookie? :lmao:
I think you are vastly underrating Orton. He was pretty good this year, and that was with half the talent Denver has and in a much less QB friendly offense. I think Orton will be an excellent QB2 this year.I don't think this is anywhere near as bad for Denver as it could have been.Marshall and Royal are still solid with Orton.Orton is the biggest benefactor fantasy wise, followed by Greg Olsen and maybe Hester.

Relative to the turmoil of this event, and the fact the entire league knew they had to trade him, I would say Denver did better than I thought they would. They get a legitimate NFL QB [albeit one suited to back up] and three picks that, if used correctly, should yield starters. You really couldn't have expected more. What was a team going to do, give up three 1sts?

Just realized that this year's first rounder going to Denver in the deal is #18... one pick before Tampa Bay. If Sanchez isn't there, they could be positioned to snag Freeman right before the Bucs. Draft day will be fun this year, no doubt.

2 1sts, a 3rd and Orton for Cutler and a 5th?Denver actually did pretty well here.
ESPN is reporting it's Cutler and a 3rd
FOX and Glazer report:Cutler has been traded to the Chicago Bears for two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton, FOXSports.com has learned. Denver will receive Chicago's first- and third-round pick in this year's draft, and Chicago's first-round pick in 2010, along with Orton. The Bears get Cutler and the Broncos' fifth-round pick this year.ESPN and Clayton report:To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, a source said.To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a third-round pick in 2009.I wonder who got it right. There is a BIG difference in the two deals. If it is FOX, then the trade looks good for Denver. If it is ESPN, I think that the Broncos did not get enough.

So in Denver it's Chris Simms vs. Kyle Orten vs. Rookie? :popcorn:
I think you are vastly underrating Orton. He was pretty good this year, and that was with half the talent Denver has and in a much less QB friendly offense. I think Orton will be an excellent QB2 this year.I don't think this is anywhere near as bad for Denver as it could have been.Marshall and Royal are still solid with Orton.Orton is the biggest benefactor fantasy wise, followed by Greg Olsen and maybe Hester.
I would be shocked if Orton beats out a healthy Chris Simms. But I'm sure they'll both compete for the job and the best man will win.

I AM UTTERLY SPEECHLESS RIGHT NOW

THIS ONE WONT SICK IN FOR A DAY OR TWO

THANK YOU JERRY

Users who are viewing this thread