What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

D. Thomas (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overreaction or not, I feel the OP's pain. D. Thomas' involvement in this offense is seriously starting to piss me off and concern me.

this seems to be a weekly occurrence. manning seems to forget he's on the team and someone has to remind him at halftime.

His first half production kills me. Through the first six games:

1st half: 13 catches / 124 yards

2nd half: 24 catches / 404 yards / 4 touchdowns

I can't explain the half to half difference....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is posted every ####### week during the first half, and he always ends up getting his.

He's actually getting targeted a bunch as I speak.

Give it time. He'll get his.

His biggest issue is that Peyton doesn't need to force it to him and he draws each teams attention defensively on the outside... As an offense it's much easier to draw up mismatches on the inside with Welker and Julius and even decker.

He is a much more important weapon in real football than he is in fantasy... And as an owner in fantasy that sucks... Peyton throws it to the best matchup and unfortunately I just don't think that's DT as much as we'd like it to be... Easier to bracket him or give safety help on the outside than it is to shut down the middle...

But let's also not overlook the biggest question mark in my book which is Peyton's far diminished ability to accurately throw the deep ball... It's like he is actually human with real human flaws... Flutter flutter flutter which isn't new but the accuracy deep just is not there anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
His first half production kills me. Through the first six games:

1st half: 13 catches / 124 yards

2nd half: 24 catches / 404 yards / 4 touchdowns

I can't explain the half to half difference....
Thats nice, but its still got to be worriesome that most people's WR1 only gives production during a half of each game

He's obviously not done, but certainly frustrating since he was a 2nd rd pick for a lot of folks and teased with mostly solid performances mixed in with awesome performances. Knowing he's so much more talented than the other Bronco receivers is also frustrating. The better question to discuss is should the DThomas owner try and trade him or not? I'm only talking redraft here. Is there anyone with bigger upside the rest of the year?

Calvin - injury worries

AJ Green - on and off QB, nice playoff schedule

Dez - possibly best choice

Marshall - super schedule the rest of the year

Jordy - intriguing

One of the other Bronco receivers - nah...

Top tier RB depending on your WR depth?

We should all be so frustrated and unlucky to have our 2nd round picks or number 1 receiver on a pace to score over 300 points in PPR scoring formats.

It's been pissing me off for sure. He's a top 10 WR largely from that week 1 performance. 10 points each of the last two weeks in PPR.

All WRs have 10 or less than 10 pt games....see Marshall vs Pitt; AJ Green multiple times this year; Calvin vs Browns (and 0 when he was out).....sorry but this is a stupid thread.

What a stupid thread, DT is on pace for 99 catches 1400 yards and 11 touchdowns.
On a prolific, to this point, offense he has only scored in 2 of 6 games. He's had 2 great games & 4 games you could get from any WR on the wire - except he was a top 3-5 WR pick. Green & CJ have similar game by game records but it is concerning because Den has more options than Cincy or Det.

Looks like teams are double teaming him with a safety over the top. This is leaving Welker, Decker and JThomas with single coverage, and Payton is dish to the open man. I still think DT is the best WR on t he team, and the Broncos need to find creative ways to get him the ball.

How about lining him up in the backfield, the using motion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread