What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Auerbach vs Jack White (1 Viewer)

Pick One : State your case below

• Total voters

[icon]

Insoxicated
It has been Shukerated™️ But I think this is a critical topic for the whole  FFA in these troublesome times.

Wow. Jack White is a guitar legend that writes riffs that get used as soccer chants worldwide. He builds his own guitars, presses his own vinyl, owns his own label, etc.

Dan Auerbach is a nice blues-based guitar player for the Black Keys. I have nothing bad to say about him, but he's not Jack White.  

This shouldn't even be close.  

Wow. Jack White is a guitar legend that writes riffs that get used as soccer chants worldwide. He builds his own guitars, presses his own vinyl, owns his own label, etc.

Dan Auerbach is a nice blues-based guitar player for the Black Keys. I have nothing bad to say about him, but he's not Jack White.  

And a much better story about his name, to boot. 

Yeah, I love The Black Keys, but this should not be close.

Jack White does great work across genres too — I’ll revisit if Auerbach ever does something approaching Jack White’s job producing Loretta Lynn’s Van Lear Rose.

Yeah, I love The Black Keys, but this should not be close.

Jack White does great work across genres too — I’ll revisit if Auerbach ever does something approaching Jack White’s job producing Loretta Lynn’s Van Lear Rose.
Dan Auerbach has worked as Producer on a lot of artist - Dr. John(won a Grammy), Bambino, Ray Lamontagne, Cage the Elephant(another Grammy), Lana Del Ray and a lot of others. He also has a pretty nice setup in Nashville studio and a record label as well. I'd believe it's closer than many in the general public would realize.

there is no Dan if Jack hadn't blazed the trail.

Jack is a legend

Dan is a 2nd tier legend.

I love them both in their different styles.   One is clearly more important than the other however and that would be jack white

This. Not sure what there is to discuss. And I love the Black Keys. 

gary clark or you just goin with white boys?
Gary Clark is a great guitar player but he's not the song writer or producer that Jack or Dan are. 

Dan Auerbach has worked as Producer on a lot of artist - Dr. John(won a Grammy), Bambino, Ray Lamontagne, Cage the Elephant(another Grammy), Lana Del Ray and a lot of others. He also has a pretty nice setup in Nashville studio and a record label as well. I'd believe it's closer than many in the general public would realize.
That Dr. John album is specially good. He's an excellent producer. I give White the edge in his music being more diverse, better guitar player, more diverse musical talent and 100x more stage presence/swagger. 

there is no Dan if Jack hadn't blazed the trail.

Jack is a legend

Dan is a 2nd tier legend.

I love them both in their different styles.   One is clearly more important than the other however and that would be jack white
Yep, the White Stripes paved the way for bands like The Black Keys. IMO, Jack White is the last great rock star. 

Gary Clark episode of WTF was put up today. He did a great interview with Jack White at Third Man a few years ago. Highly recommend that.

Yeah, this.

Jack White (born John Gillis) is the youngest of 10 children.  He is, in fact, the seventh son.  Nearly became a priest, was accepted to a seminary.  Met Meg and took her last name - and kept it after the split.  Meg was then the Maid of Honor in Jack's second wedding.  I'm not sure if his second wife (and their kids) took his last name of White, though. 

I think I only know about 2-3 Black Keys songs and I've never even thought to give the guitar work any notice.

Jack White knows the music, he can talk the history of it,he knows them old blues cats. 

I think I own all the White Strips stuff.

I play guitar (not a maestro by any means) but I can definitely say, having seen jack white / white stripes many times, and hearing all their albums, that Jack is anything but a "mediocre" guitar player.

he's quite good. creativity wise, he's very good.

I play guitar (not a maestro by any means) but I can definitely say, having seen jack white / white stripes many times, and hearing all their albums, that Jack is anything but a "mediocre" guitar player.

he's quite good. creativity wise, he's very good.
Yep.

His presence in “It Might Get Loud” is worth watching for those who think otherwise 

Yep.

His presence in “It Might Get Loud” is worth watching for those who think otherwise 
I keep trying to find it for free. I love how he makes the guitar with the nail and string in the scene where they introduce him to those who might be unaware of him.  

He's the best. Have you seen him live?
Regrettably, never. I remember I almost saw the White Stripes back around '99-'00 when their first album came out and I lived in DC. The City Paper (DC's free weekly) had done a piece on their eponymous because they were playing the Black Cat, which was less than a mile from where I worked. Jeez, I wish I had seen that. 

My friend has seen Jack White numerous times and, much like you said, marveled at the rock star role he plays on stage.  

Regrettably, never. I remember I almost saw the White Stripes back around '99-'00 when their first album came out and I lived in DC. The City Paper (DC's free weekly) had done a piece on their eponymous because they were playing the Black Cat, which was less than a mile from where I worked. Jeez, I wish I had seen that. 

My friend has seen Jack White numerous times and, much like you said, marveled at the rock star role he plays on stage.  
He is a blast live- puts on one hell of a show

Users who are viewing this thread