What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Boston with a little DUI action (1 Viewer)

I can't believe that cop listened to all that arguing.

Best part is when he was complaining about his balance with walking a line, after doing a month of an NFL training camp. :excited:
He's taught to avoid the line, Cappy. Look at the feet!

Wow, this officer was trying to provoke him. "I'm not trying to insult you" LOL...

He seemed pretty straight to me, but whatever. The guys got history, so they are going to try to find something.

Honestly, I'm watching the video, and the guy seems fine to me. He's standing up straight, doesn't seem to be swaying from side to side, just seems kind of tired and annoyed.:wub:Besides, who parties and does drugs without drinking any alcohol at all? Not even a beer?Guy blew a triple zero and appears to be ok in the video. :excited:
The other odd thing is he got pulled over at 7:30ish. I don't know what time the Bucs broke yesterday (probably 5:30, 6?), but the team facilities are at least 45 minutes from where he is pulled over (drive by that place every day) -- obviously no time to get drunk, or really to even do any drugs I would think.

Boston even doesn't sound messed up.
He just sounds annoyed with this cop.Boston also makes a great point. He's explaining to the cop that he'll gladly take a breathalyzer and give a blood sample, and wouldn't that prove that he is innocent.Is there something that would show up in urine but not a blood test?

Anyone else concerned that he's so concerned about his ankle and/or knee that he can't balance on it at all? Even if he's exonerated how can he play ball with no balance?

He just sounds annoyed with this cop.Boston also makes a great point. He's explaining to the cop that he'll gladly take a breathalyzer and give a blood sample, and wouldn't that prove that he is innocent.

Is there something that would show up in urine but not a blood test?
exactly what I'm wondering too

Honestly, I'm watching the video, and the guy seems fine to me. He's standing up straight, doesn't seem to be swaying from side to side, just seems kind of tired and annoyed.:wub:Besides, who parties and does drugs without drinking any alcohol at all? Not even a beer?Guy blew a triple zero and appears to be ok in the video. :excited:
The other odd thing is he got pulled over at 7:30ish. I don't know what time the Bucs broke yesterday (probably 5:30, 6?), but the team facilities are at least 45 minutes from where he is pulled over (drive by that place every day) -- obviously no time to get drunk, or really to even do any drugs I would think.
Seriously. The more of this I watch, the more it seems to me this officer is just being a jerk.

Seriously. The more of this I watch, the more it seems to me this officer is just being a jerk.
Agreed - I'm pretty sure Boston will be exonerated.

One thing I'm wondering is that assuming marijuana stays in ones system for up to 30 days, what if it came up in the urine test....it wouldn't prove anything in regards to when he was arrested. He could smoke more than 3 weeks prior to this incident and it show in his urine. Would they be able to give him a DUI for it still?

That cop knew he was arresting him the whole time. I get mad watching the video.

The officer's just trying to follow the routine he has to follow by law. Watch COPS a time or two and you'll know why he has to ask Qs like "Do you know your alphabet?" Video sure makes it seem like Boston was straight, but it still doesn't explain why he was in an out of the way place asleep at the wheel though.

When Boston was walking the line, did the Officer say "I smell gas"?

Honestly, I'm watching the video, and the guy seems fine to me. He's standing up straight, doesn't seem to be swaying from side to side, just seems kind of tired and annoyed.:coffee:Besides, who parties and does drugs without drinking any alcohol at all? Not even a beer?Guy blew a triple zero and appears to be ok in the video. :shrug:
But what is he doing there? And why lie?

Honestly, I'm watching the video, and the guy seems fine to me. He's standing up straight, doesn't seem to be swaying from side to side, just seems kind of tired and annoyed.:coffee:Besides, who parties and does drugs without drinking any alcohol at all? Not even a beer?Guy blew a triple zero and appears to be ok in the video. :shrug:
No, I think the officer in the vehicle was saying he lost his balance while he was walking the line. Looked ok to me -- looks to me like these guys were begging for a reason to bring him in.He explained that his balance isn't great, he was concerned about his knee/ankle, and that he would gladly tkae a breathalyzer, take a blood test, or any other test.

Are we 100% certain that Boston said he was driving from Orlando to the Tampa airport?

That video is ridiculous. Anyone with any reasonable sense can see that Boston is in no way impaired. Attitude, maybe. But in no way impaired. The cop should have been able to ascertain this within a few minutes of speaking with him. No way this sticks.

I think he said "small gaps", meaning his heel wasn't against his toe.

That video is ridiculous. Anyone with any reasonable sense can see that Boston is in no way impaired. Attitude, maybe. But in no way impaired. The cop should have been able to ascertain this within a few minutes of speaking with him. No way this sticks.
He did seem to have some balance issues, but he certainly was willing to submit to a breathalizer or blood test from the beginning.

No, I think the officer in the vehicle was saying he lost his balance while he was walking the line. Looked ok to me -- looks to me like these guys were begging for a reason to bring him in.He explained that his balance isn't great, he was concerned about his knee/ankle, and that he would gladly tkae a breathalyzer, take a blood test, or any other test.
Sadly, I have to agree. I was rather surprised Boston was not allowed to call his lawyer.

Are we 100% certain that Boston said he was driving from Orlando to the Tampa airport?
There's absolutely no way he was driving from orlando, unless the team gave him the afternoon off or something. Orlando is 75-90 minutes from Bucs headquarters which is in Tampa, and where the team is at now getting ready for the season. The airport is in Tampa, about 45 seconds (well actually a few minutes by car) from where the team HQ are as well, which makes that excuse extremely odd. He probably could have jogged to the airport Where he was at is called Pinellas Park -- a redneck subdivision of St. Petersburg, which is across the bay from where Boston sounds like he should have been. That's not a drive you make on accident. You have to go over a pretty decent-sized bridge to get there.Just sayin'..

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'm watching the video, and the guy seems fine to me. He's standing up straight, doesn't seem to be swaying from side to side, just seems kind of tired and annoyed.:shrug:Besides, who parties and does drugs without drinking any alcohol at all? Not even a beer?Guy blew a triple zero and appears to be ok in the video. :shrug:
Sadly, I have to agree. I was rather surprised Boston was not allowed to call his lawyer.
I never took Crim Pro so I don't know what the rule is here, but I was kinda surprised that he wasn't allowed to call his lawyer either. Then again, he wasn't under arrest yet. Any FBG lawyers know their crim stuff better than I and have an opinion on this?Also, what's the test for probable cause? He surely seemed fine to this layperson.

How many of you have been driving somewhere, passed it, pulled over on the side of the road, and then took a nap?
Though I am not claiming this is the case with David Boston . . .In all seriousness as an absent-minded fellow with hypoglycemia . . . and often sleep deprived . . . I have done the "overshot my turn by miles" and "pull over and sleep with car running (heat in winter, air in summer)". It is not far fetched for me to imagine myself combining the two (over shooting/sleeping).

That cop sounds like a dork. Of course DB is a dork also for not wanting to walk the line because of a sprained ankle and prior knee surgeries.....HOWEVER he did say "I'll do whatever you want me to"....why didn't he give him the breathelizer right away?

2:10 Mark:

DB: I'm not doing anything

Cop: Your not doing ANYTHING! (high whiney voice)

Cop: I know I smell alcohol

Then give him the breath test/blood test whatever. Why go on for another 10 minutes?

Cop=tool

Thing is the cop knew he was a Bucs player from the beginning. The video doesn't show Boston sleeping in his car, doesn't show anything that comes close to probable cause, exept Boston gettign pissed off, probably thinking this was going to kill his last shot to make it in the NFL. In that case I would be pissed off as well.

He just sounds annoyed with this cop.Boston also makes a great point. He's explaining to the cop that he'll gladly take a breathalyzer and give a blood sample, and wouldn't that prove that he is innocent.Is there something that would show up in urine but not a blood test?
some metabolites from certain substances can be detected for a longer period of time in your urine versus your blood stream. still i don't know what it would matter since they only should be looking for something that he may have taken last night.

Honestly, I'm watching the video, and the guy seems fine to me. He's standing up straight, doesn't seem to be swaying from side to side, just seems kind of tired and annoyed.:thumbup:Besides, who parties and does drugs without drinking any alcohol at all? Not even a beer?Guy blew a triple zero and appears to be ok in the video. :hophead:
If I lived in Tampa I would be on the phone with city hall complaining. That is complete BS. I can't believe he was arrested and I am confident that no jury would convict him of anything if his urine sample comes back clean, as I suspect it will. I don't know why he fell asleep there--maybe he was up late the night before and that practiced hard and was just exhausted, but there was no probable cause to arrest based on what I saw. I do agree, that if his knees are that bad I wonder about his ability to play. It may be that he knows the cops better than me and knew that no matter what he did the guy was going to cite him.

There are a lot of veteran football players on rickety knees who hobble around during the week but pull it together on Sunday. On a personal level, it's insane because they're trading good years in the future for a few days (albeit high paying ones) now but it's the truth. Boston got caught napping - literally - without the benefit of stretching, pain killers, adrenaline, etc. He was probably tired, stiff and sore. His hobbling around is simply not as troubling as some are making it out to be.

some metabolites from certain substances can be detected for a longer period of time in your urine versus your blood stream. still i don't know what it would matter since they only should be looking for something that he may have taken last night.
Its cheaper. We get a tox screen back in about 4 hours. Don't know why it would take Tampa police 4 days. And there are some things that the blood tests aren't as good for.

Assuming the most benign theory - that he was just fatigued or had low blood sugar - whatever - and pulled over to rest:

It would make sense that he'd have some impairment when trying to do some exercises.

How about you all send me your addresses and I'll show up at 3 AM tomorrow morning at your houses and ask you to do sobriety tests right after waking up.

Hell, sometimes I can barely stand up in the shower right after waking up. I'm sure if he were fatigued enough to pull over and/or fall asleep at the wheel, he'd have had some issues with fine motor skills immediately after, especially if he saw his recent rise up the depth chart going down the toilet (stress).

Now, if that's the case, was his driving impaired? Yes - but not under the influence. I suppose it's a fine distinction, but a big one if it comes down to NFL punishment if he's actually charged with anything. If he was under the INFLUENCE of something, he's pretty much toast. If he is just charged because "fatigue" or "tiredness" or some other physical detriment caused IMPAIRMENT, then Goodell shouldn't even be interested in the issue.

WTF is with the cop and his condescending "college" comment at around the 12:15 mark?

Boston might have been lit up, but this cop was being a ####.

Assuming the most benign theory - that he was just fatigued or had low blood sugar - whatever - and pulled over to rest:It would make sense that he'd have some impairment when trying to do some exercises.How about you all send me your addresses and I'll show up at 3 AM tomorrow morning at your houses and ask you to do sobriety tests right after waking up.Hell, sometimes I can barely stand up in the shower right after waking up. I'm sure if he were fatigued enough to pull over and/or fall asleep at the wheel, he'd have had some issues with fine motor skills immediately after, especially if he saw his recent rise up the depth chart going down the toilet (stress).Now, if that's the case, was his driving impaired? Yes - but not under the influence. I suppose it's a fine distinction, but a big one if it comes down to NFL punishment if he's actually charged with anything. If he was under the INFLUENCE of something, he's pretty much toast. If he is just charged because "fatigue" or "tiredness" or some other physical detriment caused IMPAIRMENT, then Goodell shouldn't even be interested in the issue.
Good points. My wife can't even have a coherent conversation until she's been awake for half an hour or so.

After seeing the video I am thinking it's getting thrown out. This is going to be cake for Bostons lawyers. :lmao: (no pun intended)

Sir, I asked you to look at your toe and count to five. Sir, stop being black sir. Did I say to be black? No. I said to look at your toe and count.

I would have told that cop to f-off about 5 minutes into it. I know if I had a million in the bank it would have been way worse than that.
Telling the cops to f off is always a good idea.
I know but if I was sleeping and not impaired I couldn't care less if it's a good idea or not. Looks like guilty until proven innocent to me.

:banned: ...........WOW.................boston was soooo NOT under ANY influence of any narcotic.

This cop just made himself look like the biggest racist jerk ........JUST WOW.

I'm taking Boston's side on this one. Cop was looking for a reason to arrest him. Why make the decision after he completed the alphabet? Maybe after the line walking without counting but it seemed like he got better with every test. Pretty calm and collected too compared to what I would imagine a lot of athletes to act like in that situation.

Disclaimer: yes, I happen to be a fan of David Boston (I owned him on my favorite fantasy team during his good years with the Cards), and yes, I was one of those who drafted him last week (on the same team - - it's dynasty) upon hearing the news that he was doing well in camp. That said . . . .

This video is ridiculous. Boston did virtually nothing out of the ordinary, his attitude was actually pretty cool and collected, and the cop baited him the entire time. I play a lawyer on TV and in real life and I saw no PC for an arrest there whatsoever. I expect these charges to be tossed ASSUMING the urine test comes up clean, as you would rationally expect that it would.

This cop just made himself look like the biggest racist jerk ........JUST WOW.
this comment made me think of a incident that happened once back in 1992 when i lived in florida. some friends and i drove down to st. pete's beach for the weekend, and it was a saturday night, and we were eating and drinking in some restaurant. i don't remember the name of the place, but i remember there was a deck in the back along the water, and it was a pretty small place that was very airy inside, and the waitresses had on shirts that had a car like a thunderbird or something on it. anyway, this guy sitting at the bar came over to our table, sat down, and started talking. he mentioned he was an off duty cop, which was confirmed cause he was a regular in there, and the waitress said something to him about it when he ordered another drink. he was quite tipsy, and he started telling us cop stories, and then told us that he pulls over black people all the time for no reason. he said almost always a black person has done something wrong if they are out driving late at night, so he makes up reasons to pull them over. we were all like this :shrug: . he was scary.

i just watched the video and it is priceless. I tend to agree with the dip#### cop and think Boston was on something. Too bad, so much talent, so little common sense to not know how to stay out of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread