What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Boston with a little DUI action (2 Viewers)

So he passed the field sobriety test AND blew negative, but sleeping in your car 15 miles from your destination is still probable cause. Hard to know where this one's headed. A clean urine test and they've got nothing, I'd say.

Anyone actually know where he stands with the NFL if the test isn't clean?
I don't believe he is going to be that valuable and this isn't good news, but I tend to agree with wdcrob: what kind of a free country do we live in if you pull over to the side of the road, fall asleep, get awakend by cops, pass a drug test, and still get cited? Is it against the law to sleep in your car? Should it be? Is that really probable cause to do a urine test?
Asleep at the wheel with the engine running sounds a bit suspicious...and dangerous.
It's 90 degrees- A/C down? And nobody said the car was in gear...
:thumbup: I just don't get the part about being in Pinellas Park. That is not even close to the airport.
How long has DB been living in the area now??

So he passed the field sobriety test AND blew negative, but sleeping in your car 15 miles from your destination is still probable cause. Hard to know where this one's headed. A clean urine test and they've got nothing, I'd say.

I don't believe he is going to be that valuable and this isn't good news, but I tend to agree with wdcrob: what kind of a free country do we live in if you pull over to the side of the road, fall asleep, get awakend by cops, pass a drug test, and still get cited? Is it against the law to sleep in your car? Should it be? Is that really probable cause to do a urine test?
Asleep at the wheel with the engine running sounds a bit suspicious...and dangerous.
:kicksrock: I just don't get the part about being in Pinellas Park. That is not even close to the airport.
How long has DB been living in the area now??
3 years? :thumbup: Rich guy like him in a RR has to have GPS. No?

Coming from a party.....pulled over along side the road with the engine running. Could be a little mary jane or coke use. Boston might just have to do some drug treatment - 1st strike I believe. If I recall, in the past Boston had his personal nutritionist and was obsessed about what he put into his body. He is the last person I suspected would be using recreational street drugs.
Nope not 1st strike - has steroid suspension in his past in NFL, Dec 2004 - link
Aren't you out of the program after a certain amount of time? I believe someone mentioned in another thread that Travis Henry will be clear after week 3 and if he gets hit with something else, the cycle starts all over again. I would assume enough time has gone by for Boston to fall under this category.
Steroids are a mandatory 4 game suspension for the first offense. Recreatinal drugs and other non performance enhancing substances you don't get suspended until the second offense. So I don't think that the two are in the same category and his 1st strike with roids may not count towards his non-roid related issues.

What time was he pulled over? Depending on when he was pulled over could be a factor.

MY GUESS IS PURPLE DRANK OR SIZZURP. In which case Boston will be just fine. I cant blame him for taking it - Id love to get my hands on it myself, but I dont suggest getting behind the wheel.

He pulled over because of the "lean" and took a rest. Smart man.

What time was he pulled over? Depending on when he was pulled over could be a factor.

MY GUESS IS PURPLE DRANK OR SIZZURP. In which case Boston will be just fine. I cant blame him for taking it - Id love to get my hands on it myself, but I dont suggest getting behind the wheel.

:confused: What the hell is that?

There is no possible way that he "missed the airport" and wound up in PP. It's a lie. He couldn't possibly have driven past the airport, past a LOT of signs, (and the highway is literally right on the airport runways, lots of runway lights too) over a long bridge and through white trash ghettoville on accident. And the corner he passed out on is kind of a main intersection.

The cop knew he was lying, it's not a real good story.

:confused: What the hell is that?
prescription cough syrup/codeine

Maybe he was cited because he's black and driving a nice car. Seriously.

He passed the field sobriety, which is tough even if you're sober.

He passed the breathalizer.

Can we give the guy a chance to clear his name this time before we ban him from the league for life?

:confused:
Hold on here. We don't exactly know the details but cops generally have ways to tell if you are drunk/high. If he was incoherent or not lucid for example. The story about driving by the airport has to raise a great deal of suspicion as well. How many of you have been driving somewhere, passed it, pulled over on the side of the road, and then took a nap? The innocent until proven guilty assumes that this is the entire story. The cop undoubtedly had a reason he took Boston in. Maybe he is overstepping the law and maybe he isn't. But I think to assume he did is probably incorrect without more details.
since he passed the field sobriety tests - a feat that's pretty much impossible if you're 100% sober - then I think we can safely conclude that he was coherent and lucid.

Maybe he was cited because he's black and driving a nice car. Seriously. He passed the field sobriety, which is tough even if you're sober.He passed the breathalizer. Can we give the guy a chance to clear his name this time before we ban him from the league for life?
I was thinking the same thing, could be a case of being cited for DWB (Driving While Black).And I'm a white dude, but have been in a car a couple of times with friends who have been pulled over for this.....and I don't live in the South.Obviously suspicious being asleep on the side of the road, but the fact that he passed the field sobriety test (not just the breathalizer) makes me wonder why he was cited.

a quote from another source - pay site so partial

the steroids suspension (2004), the assault charges against an airport official (2004), a prior DUI with drug possession (2002)

They are saying Godell will throw the book at him - 3 strikes your out? Sad Sad Sad - had a chance and now quite probably has blown it.

Stovall is looking pretty good now.

:football:
Yes it is against the law to sleep in your car. It's called something like "driving while fatigued" at the very least. Some trucker in my town just got arrested for it, cause he caused an accident, and he wasn't even asleep.Remember, Boston's car was in DRIVE at the time. It's not like he pulled over to the side of the road to catch a few ZZZs. I would say that qualifies as probable cause.

:banned: What the hell is that?
prescription cough syrup/codeine
Anybody verify the whereabouts of Terrence Keil?

Maybe he was cited because he's black and driving a nice car. Seriously. He passed the field sobriety, which is tough even if you're sober.He passed the breathalizer. Can we give the guy a chance to clear his name this time before we ban him from the league for life?
I know what you're saying......could be maybe this...maybe that.....maybe this....but I can't stand that race card. You're point is correct though, let's just see what happens. If you're gut instict is correct, kudos to you but let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Actually, the reports did say the car was in gear:http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/S...mp;pageId=6.1.1

Bucs' Boston arrested on DUI charges

Last Edited: Friday, 24 Aug 2007, 10:28 AM EDT

Created: Friday, 24 Aug 2007, 10:06 AM EDT

Photo courtesy PCSO.

TAMPA – Bucs wide receiver David Boston was arrested on charges of driving under the influence on Thursday night in Pinellas County.

According to a police report, Boston, 29, was found passed out behind the wheel of his red Range Rover at the intersection of 49th Street and Park Boulevard in Pinellas Park on Thursday night. Pinellas Park police say the car was still running, and it was in drive.

When the officer woke Boston, he says Boston told him he was on his way from the Celebration area in Orlando to Tampa International Airport. Boston completed a field sobriety test, and the officer said he had probable cause to believe that he had been driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.

Boston was arrested just before 10 p.m., and taken to the Pinellas County Jail Central Breath Test Facility in Clearwater. Police say breath tests showed no indication of alcohol, but urine tests are still pending. Boston was released just after 11:00 p.m.

Boston originally signed with the Bucs in 2006 before being cut from the team, but returned to Tampa Bay for the 2007 season. He is currently competing with both Michael Clayton and Maurice Stovall for a starting position.

In his five years in the NFL, Boston has also played for the Arizona Cardinals, the San Diego Chargers, and the Miami Dolphins. Before the 2004 season, he tested positive for steroids and served a four-game suspension from the league.

Sounds to me like GHB...

What an idiot, where he was found is at least 1 hour away from TIA in the other direction. If your going from Celebration to TIA how the heck do you end up in Pinellas Park? The officer probably immediately suspected something when he told him that.

Gets hot in FL around this time so I hear. May have wanted a/c running.

:popcorn:

I would guess they suspected drug use the whole time and tried to establish probable cause to get a warrant for the urine sample.

For my money, the probable cause argument is weak.

In any event, someone with his risk/reward should have asked for his attorney the minute they suggested the filed sobriety test.

BTW, training camp in FL can be pretty grueling and sometimes one is tired because of what they did the night before.

My guess.

He was taking/drinking something and was out of it.

He pulled off the road to rest up a bit. He was out of it enough to leave the car in drive.

He slept it off.

Cop finds him.

Due to enough time passing, he was able to pass field sobriety test.

Piss test could go either way. Dunno how long sizzurp stays in your system.

I haven't gotten to the 2nd page yet but as a native Floridian I can tell you that I have had to pull over because of being tired while driving, and in August you would not turn the car off but leave it running and have the A/C on full blast. Cop must have been really bored. Go bust someone for a real crime.

Some pills/drugs will actually help you pass a sobriety test. His passing it means virtually nothing.

"The jail affidavit said that Boston had poor balance. It also said he has a tattoo of "Chucky" on the right side of his chest."

wtf :unsure:

I haven't gotten to the 2nd page yet but as a native Floridian I can tell you that I have had to pull over because of being tired while driving, and in August you would not turn the car off but leave it running and have the A/C on full blast. Cop must have been really bored. Go bust someone for a real crime.
I don't think the cop was bored. I think he is a dynasty owner of M.Clayton and traded the farm to get him after his rookie year and, oh wait, thats me, disregard. :thumbup:

Some pills/drugs will actually help you pass a sobriety test. His passing it means virtually nothing.
Uh huh...when did he slip those in his system and have time to get them working b4 the cop ripped him out of the driver's seat exactly?
You misunderstood. My point is he could have taken something that ####ed him up, but at the same time would help him thru a sobriety test.

:kicksrock:
Yes it is against the law to sleep in your car. It's called something like "driving while fatigued" at the very least. Some trucker in my town just got arrested for it, cause he caused an accident, and he wasn't even asleep.Remember, Boston's car was in DRIVE at the time. It's not like he pulled over to the side of the road to catch a few ZZZs. I would say that qualifies as probable cause.
Actually, in many places it's not against the law to sleep in your car. Sleeping in the car with it in gear, is a different matter, but simply pulling over to the side of the road or at a rest area and sleeping will generate perhaps some interest from the police, but it generally won't result in anything, in my experience.Driving while fatigued is something completely different, the car needs to be in gear. We'll find out what it is, but it could be drugs, but it could also be driving while black.

Uh huh...when did he slip those in his system and have time to get them working b4 the cop ripped him out of the driver's seat exactly?
You misunderstood. My point is he could have taken something that ####ed him up, but at the same time would help him thru a sobriety test.
Right, because ####ed up people are usually sober :kicksrock:

Right, because ####ed up people are usually sober :yes:
I've seen two different people take sobriety tests on ecstasy and cruise thru it. In Tampa on the Causeway. Take it drunk and there is no chance.Certain things can sharpen your senses...others dull them. A combo could make you sleepy, but still help you focus on a field test.

I should've know this was going to happen. I avoided the "David Boston" hype all preseason and then finally ratcheted his stats up to a degree in my latest round of projections for the site. SIGH.

maybe it's sleep apnea ? sometimes, i am typing and getttt ttirrrrrred andd.d .. a .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You're thinking of narcolepsy.Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing while you are sleeping.Narcolepsy is the one that would lead to adsoith9efgioadfjk/.m, j............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

maybe it's sleep apnea ? sometimes, i am typing and getttt ttirrrrrred andd.d .. a .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You're thinking of narcolepsy.Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing while you are sleeping.Narcolepsy is the one that would lead to adsoith9efgioadfjk/.m, j............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
maybe he had epilepsy or whatever
epilepsy makes you have seizures...narcolepsy makes you fall asleep (and at times seem drunk or drugged - hence narco)I actually had a frend whose dad got booked for DUI, he actually had narcolepsy. Went in with a medical report from his doctor and waqs completely exonerated form the DUI.Not saying that's Boston's problem. Honestly, I could see him just being really, really tired.

Code:
"[color="#FF0000"]The jail affidavit said that Boston had poor balance[/color]. It also said he has a tattoo of "Chucky" on the right side of his chest."
If he had poor balance, how could he pass the sobriety test ? I've never taken one, but I'm sure balance is a part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does it even say he passed the sobriety test? Keep seeing this repeated yet haven't read that anywhere. It said he COMPLETED it, but that doesn't mean he passed it. In fact, it states that based on the results of that sobriety test, they decided to arrest him.

Anyone with any different info on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
epilepsy makes you have seizures...narcolepsy makes you fall asleep (and at times seem drunk or drugged - hence narco)I actually had a frend whose dad got booked for DUI, he actually had narcolepsy. Went in with a medical report from his doctor and waqs completely exonerated form the DUI.Not saying that's Boston's problem. Honestly, I could see him just being really, really tired.
Hmmmmm.*writes down another excuse to use*

Hmmmmm.*writes down another excuse to use*
:thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread