What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****David Hogg Thread***** (2 Viewers)

Who is telling them they’ll get over it?
Apparently, many of the kids felt like the school did a real poor job handling it. They were back in school a week later. A few kids said some teachers told them to get over it or just ignore it so they can do well on tests and finish writing their papers. There also seems to be a lot of negativity towards the principal and the feeling that he was super fake during the whole thing. Like he would hug the kids when the cameras were around and talk about how much support there would be for the kids but that it was mostly just lip service. Now I am sure there are other kids who felt like the school did a good job, but there are some kids pretty angry about how it all has gone down. 

Apparently, many of the kids felt like the school did a real poor job handling it. They were back in school a week later. A few kids said some teachers told them to get over it or just ignore it so they can do well on tests and finish writing their papers. There also seems to be a lot of negativity towards the principal and the feeling that he was super fake during the whole thing. Like he would hug the kids when the cameras were around and talk about how much support there would be for the kids but that it was mostly just lip service. Now I am sure there are other kids who felt like the school did a good job, but there are some kids pretty angry about how it all has gone down. 
Thanks.  I hadn't heard any of that.  I don't think I'd want to go back into that school ever again if I survived it.   Seems like decisions about sending those kids back and how to handle their schoolwork should have been made way above a principal in that case.  

To be fair, this isn't something school admins should have to deal with. It's a shame our country can't seem to do anything to limit the occurrence to what other developed countries experience. 

Thanks.  I hadn't heard any of that.  I don't think I'd want to go back into that school ever again if I survived it.   Seems like decisions about sending those kids back and how to handle their schoolwork should have been made way above a principal in that case.  
Right, how do you all go back after something like that? I can't even being to wrap my head around it. Also I can see how to kids the "get over it" message was clear in actions.

1. Kids sent back to the massacre scene a week later

2. Expected just to keep writing papers and taking tests like nothing happened.

3. No real laws or policies changed regarding guns despite the pleas of so many of the students in the school. 

4. There were a lot of very aggressively hostile pro-gun/conservatives on the internet and TV that were dismissive and even hostile towards some of the survivors. 

I can see how kids got a message of "shut up and get over it". 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramblin Wreck said:
Dude.  Not funny at all
Dude. I was talking about the morons who are still telling people how "fake" this whole tragedy was.  I mean if all these people are so fake and just "crisis actors' then why are people around them suffering so much.  

I probably should have posted this the USA Shootings thread but it would have been lost in all bickering arguments with Mr. Cat.

Some Columbine HS students, joined by Parkland survivors like David Hogg, have started a campaign #MyLastShot to add a sticker to driver's license or cell phone that says:

"In the event that I die from gun violence, please publicize the photo of my death."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/my-last-shot-columbine-high-school-students-create-campaign-to-end-gun-violence

Here is the Twitter hashtag:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23mylastshot&src=tyah

I probably should have posted this the USA Shootings thread but it would have been lost in all bickering arguments with Mr. Cat.

Some Columbine HS students, joined by Parkland survivors like David Hogg, have started a campaign #MyLastShot to add a sticker to driver's license or cell phone that says:

"In the event that I die from gun violence, please publicize the photo of my death."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/my-last-shot-columbine-high-school-students-create-campaign-to-end-gun-violence

Here is the Twitter hashtag:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23mylastshot&src=tyah
Cops might have an issue if information on a license is covered over, but if folks want this on a cell phone or in a directive, such as a will, I am fine with it.  I don't think it will be impactful after the first time or so as we quickly become immune to such images, inoculated as it were by prior exposure. Hell, during the Viet Nam Police Action I remember pictures of naked female children running while on fire and those lost their impact after a time. Still, in the end, I have no problem with a person trying to make an impact, in fact I applaud the effort.

For those too young to remember they can google Napalm Girl.  I would give her name but the censors here might have a problem with it though they should not.

Cops might have an issue if information on a license is covered over, but if folks want this on a cell phone or in a directive, such as a will, I am fine with it.  I don't think it will be impactful after the first time or so as we quickly become immune to such images, inoculated as it were by prior exposure. Hell, during the Viet Nam Police Action I remember pictures of naked female children running while on fire and those lost their impact after a time. Still, in the end, I have no problem with a person trying to make an impact, in fact I applaud the effort.
They are putting it on the back of the license:
https://twitter.com/A_Sad_Gay/status/1110961153314742272

Right, how do you all go back after something like that? I can't even being to wrap my head around it. Also I can see how to kids the "get over it" message was clear in actions.

1. Kids sent back to the massacre scene a week later

2. Expected just to keep writing papers and taking tests like nothing happened.

3. No real laws or policies changed regarding guns despite the pleas of so many of the students in the school. 

4. There were a lot of very aggressively hostile pro-gun/conservatives on the internet and TV that were dismissive and even hostile towards some of the survivors. 

I can see how kids got a message of "shut up and get over it". 
They should all get As for the year like if your college roommate commits suicide (unless that’s a myth.)

They are putting it on the back of the license:
https://twitter.com/A_Sad_Gay/status/1110961153314742272
I suggest that some Police Officers may take issue with altering or defacing a government document.  That is not, of course, the intent of the law where such laws are in effect, but I can foresee persons being hassled just the same.  I was suggesting a course of action, nothing more, folks can decide for themselves if my advice has any merit.

https://twitter.com/dsaeastbay/status/1217085556032593920

Did you know the Alameda County Sherrif’s office has a tank and soldiers with AR-15s? They’re out here evicting and arresting the @moms4housing at 5am. There is nothing happening at 2928 Magnolia St that justifies this level of force. //

Fully militarized soldiers are being used to frighten citizens out of unused housing units in CA.  The Bloomberg-organized March for Our Lives explicitly ignores militarization of local police forces.  But better confiscate Bob & Jimbo’s ARs!  🤤

squistion said:
NBC News @NBCNews 10h

Parkland school shooting survivor and gun control advocate David Hogg plans to launch his own pillow company with the goal of competing against embattled bedding company MyPillow.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/david-hogg-launching-pillow-company-put-mypillow-out-business-n1256817?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
It will be a tough act to follow.

My Pillow went from 20 employees to employing 1500 people.  Mike Lindell has a net worth of 300 million dollars.  My cousin works for My Pillow and said it is a great place to work.   They have sold over 30 Million pillows wordwide.

Lindell and My Pillow donated 60,000 pillows for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, Lindell also donates his products to cancer patients, veterans and addiction centers. So he is pretty well rounded in his charity work as well. 👍

It will be a tough act to follow.

My Pillow went from 20 employees to employing 1500 people.  Mike Lindell has a net worth of 300 million dollars.  My cousin works for My Pillow and said it is a great place to work.   They have sold over 30 Million pillows wordwide.

Lindell and My Pillow donated 60,000 pillows for the victims of Hurricane Harvey, Lindell also donates his products to cancer patients, veterans and addiction centers. So he is pretty well rounded in his charity work as well. 👍
He is also a conspiracy believing nut who should have never had the ear of amy sitting President.  And his beliefs are what are going to cost him business.

David who?

Is that the guy the left used up and then discarded him after he outlived his usefulness against Trump?  That guy?

He is also a conspiracy believing nut who should have never had the ear of amy sitting President.  And his beliefs are what are going to cost him business.
What does  that have to do with his pillows and products?  As long as he makes good products, pays his employees well and does charity work I really don`t care what he believes.

What does  that have to do with his pillows and products?  As long as he makes good products, pays his employees well and does charity work I really don`t care what he believes.
What does thoughts on homosexuality have to do with Chicken?

People express their dissatisfaction with business owners by not giving them business.

Thats up to you to do so...and your right to not care.  But others do

If he’s as good a guy as you say then I don’t wish him ill. But I do wish he didn’t spend his free time publicly promoting dangerous conspiracy theories. The harm done from this lie has been enormous. 

People express their dissatisfaction with business owners by not giving them business.

Tried getting into a Chick Fil-A lately?   Their sales are higher than ever,   I don`t care for their views but I really like their food.

If he’s as good a guy as you say then I don’t wish him ill. But I do wish he didn’t spend his free time publicly promoting dangerous conspiracy theories. The harm done from this lie has been enormous. 
Did not say he was a good guy, but he does good by his employees, is very generous to people in need, and makes a good product.

David who?

Is that the guy the left used up and then discarded him after he outlived his usefulness against Trump?  That guy?
No, not that guy. You must be confusing Hogg with someone else, although I have no idea who that might be... 

Hogg's focus pretty much has always been on gun violence and gun control legislation and never really spoke out against or took on Trump (so there wasn't any usefulness that he could outlive).

We’ll see. I doubt it 

Yeah, Chick Fil A is really hurting....

That is a horrible thing to say.  Wow.  I like you.  What David Hogg went through is awful, terrifying and something you have no experience with. 

Take this to PM if you want, but to call David Hogg "useless"?  Man....I have lost all respect for you. Rock, you're a good guy but this is an insidious thing to say.
I called him a useless activist. Yes, he saw something horrible. I have great sympathy for the survivors of that shooting and do not think, unlike Alex Jones, that it was a hoax. I am also open to newer gun control arguments regarding policy.

But this person seems to have instigated political activism from the time he was sixteen or seventeen and in should no way have a bully pulpit to talk about these things other than from an experiential trauma point of view. His views on the election are especially useless.

I survived a horrible car wreck once. Made me think about driver safety and the like. It did not give expertise like the NHTSA has, nor did I pretend to know. Nor did I speak out about it, even though it was a behavioral-induced wreck. An off-duty cop was drunk and almost hit me head on if I hadn't swerved at the last second, getting miraculously T-boned instead of head-on. But, again, this does not make me expert about driver anything. I did not go speak out on behalf of MADD. Nor did I speak out about police reform and citizen oversight. Why? Because I'm not an attention hog seeking to cynically use a bully pulpit for activist/leftist causes. This person is.

Arguably the stupidest thing about "mainstream" political activism is this person as a spokesman for anything. Quick, let's get David Hogg's opinion on this. Forget the PhD struggling away on a quantifiable thesis about gun control and efficacy, let's get David Hogg to talk about pillows and elections!

Stupid.

Just another in the long line of useless activists for causes.

Do you really think my pillow has the same reputation as Chick Fil A?  Who also took measures to change...rather than doubling down as this guy is doing?
I think that the amount of Americans that will boycott a company over anything politics is tiny

Most of America imo is nothing like the PSF. Most Americans don’t live for politics like most of the posters in here do 

The LGBT+ boycott was called off several years ago, so there should be no longer be any negative impact to speak of on their business. 
It can be argued that all that did was made the chain more popular 

I think that the amount of Americans that will boycott a company over anything politics is tiny

Most of America imo is nothing like the PSF. Most Americans don’t live for politics like most of the posters in here do 

Maybe.  I don't know if there's good data on the overall effect with respect to Chick-Fil-A.  Now that you mention it, I'm curious, although not curious enough to spend significant time searching it up.

For myself, I like their food, but I won't give them my money.

If you choose a pillow based on the political ideology of the person who sold it to you, there's something seriously wrong with you.
Reason had a really astute article (and for @Ferris Bueller Fanand the loving "eff you" PM he sent me last night, the author was much more critical and unafraid of overstepping boundaries, calling Hogg a "partisan demagogue" and "discredited hack." I assume you'll PM or send some other such nonsense to the author of the article, too) whereupon they intoned that it actually might be better for us if more people with impulses towards political influence and power stopped to become entrepreneurs like the young man is now doing.

Here's the article.

https://reason.com/2021/02/05/politics-are-smothering-america-are-david-hoggs-progressive-pillows-the-solution/

Seriously?     :lol:
Seriously. He said he sent me the PM because he would get banned if he said what he was saying on the board. He even circumvented the language filter and did it in all caps to make sure I knew what he was saying.

I sent him back a fiery one, and then just sort of lol'ed about it. Just like your emoji. What a maroon!

Seriously. He said he sent me the PM because he would get banned if he said what he was saying on the board. He even circumvented the language filter and did it in all caps to make sure I knew what he was saying.

I sent him back a fiery one, and then just sort of lol'ed about it. Just like your emoji. What a maroon!
:lmao:

If you choose a pillow based on the political ideology of the person who sold it to you, there's something seriously wrong with you.
Huh.  Disagree.  It takes very little effort for me to do business with companies whose practices I support rather than those whose practices I don't support.  This goes well beyond just politics, of course.

Huh.  Disagree.  It takes very little effort for me to do business with companies whose practices I support rather than those whose practices I don't support.  This goes well beyond just politics, of course.
How would this go "well beyond just politics"? It sounds firmly entrenched there. Unless you're just saying that as rhetorical flourish, of course.

Yet boycotts have happened and have caused things to spring past those who are just that into politics.  Dixie Chicks, Chick Fil A did have a short term effect(of course, the opposite side to the boycott also "took to the streets" to support them)..in addition they did change a few things as well.  So that boycott, seemed to be big enough to cause change.

He has already previously been removed from QVC (that was last year I believe)...and now from Kohls, Bed Bath and Beyond, Wayfair,   Hurting himself being able to advertise on social media as well using the company twitter for his personal BS got it banned as well.

How many are carrying his advertising anymore outside of Fox where he bought a ton over the years (and right after Hogg and his friends went after Laura Ingraham)?

I think enough by now have paid attention including retailers that would be selling his product.  Another difference between he and chick fil a...they don't rely on other retailers.  Only advertising and they did enough to keep all that (and their advertising has been pretty damn good for years)

Reason had a really astute article (and for @Ferris Bueller Fanand the loving "eff you" PM he sent me last night, the author was much more critical and unafraid of overstepping boundaries, calling Hogg a "partisan demagogue" and "discredited hack." I assume you'll PM or send some other such nonsense to the author of the article, too) whereupon they intoned that it actually might be better for us if more people with impulses towards political influence and power stopped to become entrepreneurs like the young man is now doing.

Here's the article.

https://reason.com/2021/02/05/politics-are-smothering-america-are-david-hoggs-progressive-pillows-the-solution/
Thanks.  I hadn't seen this particular article because I didn't imagine that I would be devoting any time to the political orientation of competing pillow manufacturers, but this is the latest in an increasingly-long series about politics taking on an unhealthy prominence in everyday life.  

How crazy is it that if I tell you that I shop at Whole Foods, you can reasonably assume that I'm left-of-center?  How do we end up with grocery stores, sports leagues, restaurant chains, and now pillow companies (!) stratified by partisan affiliation?  It's as if everybody just sort of woke up crazy all of the sudden, like some partisan remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers or something.

Maybe I'm immune to this particular type of brain worm because of my upbringing.  If I selected my favorite music, books, movies and so on based on the ideology of the people who made it, I would consume basically no media.  You just learn to not care about this sort of thing after a while.

How would this go "well beyond just politics"? It sounds firmly entrenched there. Unless you're just saying that as rhetorical flourish, of course.
I was thinking along the lines of treatment of workers, charitable causes, organic/pesticide/GMO, etc.  Maybe something as simple as "Made in the USA".  Company X donates a significant amount of money to a charitable cause I support?  Maybe I'll be more likely to spend my money with them.  Maybe I don't care for Apple's practices re: foreign wages?

Users who are viewing this thread