What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deadly Animal Draft (1 Viewer)

Kodiak bears are the same as grizzly bears.
I believe this is incorrectboth are brown bears (Ursus arctos) but the grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) lives inland and has less protein in it's diet and thus tends to be smaler then the Kodiak Bear (Ursus arctos middendorffi) which live in the coastal areas and gets more protein.

What is true is that there is a lot of breeding between grizzlies and kodiaks and a lot of sub groups of brown bear that don't fit neatly into either subclass.

so all kodiaks are browns, and all grizzlies are brown, but that does not mean kodiak=grizzly

Kodiak bears are the same as grizzly bears.
I believe this is incorrectboth are brown bears (Ursus arctos) but the grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) lives inland and has less protein in it's diet and thus tends to be smaler then the Kodiak Bear (Ursus arctos middendorffi) which live in the coastal areas and gets more protein.

What is true is that there is a lot of breeding between grizzlies and kodiaks and a lot of sub groups of brown bear that don't fit neatly into either subclass.

so all kodiaks are browns, and all grizzlies are brown, but that does not mean kodiak=grizzly
Meh, I don't like that distinction. They're both the same species. A brown bear from Kodiak is no different than a brown bear at Brooks Camp or McNeil.

I'm still smarting from the fact that they gave ne a ####### one-armed polar bear, with a cold, just because the frinckin time zones made me miss the deadline on my pick...

Polar bears R0x0r... [seriously]

:thumbup:

I'm still smarting from the fact that they gave ne a ####### one-armed polar bear, with a cold, just because the frinckin time zones made me miss the deadline on my pick...

Polar bears R0x0r... [seriously]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whiner.He now has bunions and an enlarged prostrate, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

Highlites include the run on Russian Brides. And sleeper picks, in the Sting Ray and Leopard Seal, both registering human kills shortly thereafter.

And somebody took the Giant Clam. :hifive:

JAA / Koya team won this thing
:thumbup: Yeah they did. Except Koya is not Kovax. And Kovax is not Koya.Good times.ETA: last week i was rummaging thru some old computer stuff and found an old hard drive. I plugged it in and perused its contents - my notes and "write up" were on there... man, when I last picked the wolverine... I had 3 fewer kids and no wife. :excited:

1.8 - NCCommish ->>>>>>>Pygmy Marmoset (2 broken arms)

1.9 - the rover ->>>>>>Saltwater Crocodile (one eye and one leg missing )

1.10 - Noodlefish ->>>>>>>>Polar Bear with a bad cold and a missing right arm

2.1 - PAO->>>>>>Kodiak Bear with no teeth

3.2 - Kovax ->>>>>Sri Lankan Elephant with amputated trunk

3.6 - bigjay ->>>>>> Asiatic Lion with slight earache

1.8 - NCCommish ->>>>>>>Pygmy Marmoset (2 broken arms)1.9 - the rover ->>>>>>Saltwater Crocodile (one eye and one leg missing ) 1.10 - Noodlefish ->>>>>>>>Polar Bear with a bad cold and a missing right arm2.1 - PAO->>>>>>Kodiak Bear with no teeth3.2 - Kovax ->>>>>Sri Lankan Elephant with amputated trunk3.6 - bigjay ->>>>>> Asiatic Lion with slight earache :suds:
:lmao: :shrug: lol @ blue whale. wtf.Giant squid rules.

:lmao: :bag: lol @ blue whale. wtf.

Giant squid rules.
Can I pick up the Colossal Squid as a free agent please?Linky

:goodposting:

Noodlefish said:

:lmao: :goodposting: lol @ blue whale. wtf.

Giant squid rules.

Yes, but four of his tentacles will need to be amputated before I let you activate him.

Noodlefish said:

:wall:
:wall: :wall: lol @ blue whale. wtf.

Giant squid rules.

:wall:
LIMEY!! What's up Mate?

It was a different time for the FFA. IIRC, posters like zippy and zartan still cast their lines on the board. And Noodlefish - you're avatar... JoeT? Whatever happened to him? Isn't there a thread somewhere with old posters that placed a memorable mark on the forum and have disappeared? There should be. Not all of has keep notebooks.

Users who are viewing this thread