What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver at Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

Walking it off...hopefully will be ok within a week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peyton has thrown ducks his entire career, can we stop acting like this is new. He is 37 so his arm is weaker now than it was 4 years ago. People watch some football and not just prime time games.
I was laughed out of the building for saying he's always thrown ducks, during his 7 TD game. It's like people never watch him, which is impossible. Its looking worse right now, of course. But not by as much as people are saying.
I think you're nuts. While it's true that Peyton has always thrown a few ducks, they usually are on touch type passes, and he's always been able to mix in a few bullets here and there when needed. EVen earlier this year, he was firing some reasonably hard passes at times, even if not the same as 5 years ago.Tonight is MUCH worse. ZERO bullet passes, and MANY MORE duck like passes...including on passes that should be bulletts instead of touch passes.
So I'm right...but I'm nuts?

When I say "he's always thrown ducks", I mean he has always done it, talking a period of time here. Of course it's not every throw. Not "he always throws ducks" which is a different statement with different implications.

I agree it looks worse tonight.

Walking off the field is one thing - cutting and planting off that leg could be something different

Anyone else see that it was Wayne's LEFT knee that appeared to buckle funny but he was clearly holding his RIGHT knee??

Awkward... Wish they'd have played that replay again showing Wayne a few steps earlier

Peyton has thrown ducks his entire career, can we stop acting like this is new. He is 37 so his arm is weaker now than it was 4 years ago. People watch some football and not just prime time games.
I was laughed out of the building for saying he's always thrown ducks, during his 7 TD game. It's like people never watch him, which is impossible. Its looking worse right now, of course. But not by as much as people are saying.
I think you're nuts. While it's true that Peyton has always thrown a few ducks, they usually are on touch type passes, and he's always been able to mix in a few bullets here and there when needed. EVen earlier this year, he was firing some reasonably hard passes at times, even if not the same as 5 years ago.Tonight is MUCH worse. ZERO bullet passes, and MANY MORE duck like passes...including on passes that should be bulletts instead of touch passes.
So I'm right...but I'm nuts?

When I say "he's always thrown ducks", I mean he has always done it, talking a period of time here. Of course it's not every throw. Not "he always throws ducks" which is a different statement with different implications.

You were implying that tonight was nothing unusual, because he's always thrown ducks...so everyone else is silly for not nowing that Peyton throws ducks now and then.

But instead of 1 of every 6 or 8 passes before...now it's every other pass...therefore your "always threw them" argument is misleading at best, and the large type and the tone of your post are "nuts"

I can't remember exactly what year but remember when Indy trailed TB by like 21 or something in the 4th quarter and Peyton came back to win that game to stay unbeaten this game has same feel of it.
I think that was when Dungy was still in Tampa
I believe it was Dungy's first year in Indy, one reason it was so hyped. Probably the best reg season game I've ever seen. Back when MNF was great.

Yup:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=231006027

Walking off the field is one thing - cutting and planting off that leg could be something different
Good point, he limped quite a bit going to the locker room. Maybe an MCL strain? ACL tear would have been a bigger problem for him to walk IMO, they would have carted him back.

So I'm right...but I'm nuts?When I say "he's always thrown ducks", I mean he has always done it, talking a period of time here. Of course it's not every throw. Not "he always throws ducks" which is a different statement with different implications.

You were implying that tonight was nothing unusual, because he's always thrown ducks...so everyone else is silly for not nowing that Peyton throws ducks now and then.But instead of 1 of every 6 or 8 passes before...now it's every other pass...therefore your "always threw them" argument is misleading at best, and the large type and the tone of your post are "nuts"
My post was not the large bolded one. I just commented on it. But I'll let you continue telling me what I was implying in my own posts, even after I've already told you. I agree, it's worse tonight. I already said that. That makes it different from usual. Which I said in the first post on the topic here, where I commented on the other guy's large, bolded post.

Those doctors know when something is wrong, he got tearful for a reason. The MRI will confirm it tomorrow, we can only hope they are wrong.

Good point, he limped quite a bit going to the locker room. Maybe an MCL strain? ACL tear would have been a bigger problem for him to walk IMO, they would have carted him back.
Olandis Gary ran for 80 yards with a torn ACL
I understand, good point, but not everyone does it that way. We aren't doctors, was trying to not pile on a player I respect greatly. Hoping it's a knee sprain like Michelle said.

Olandis Gary ran for 80 yards with a torn ACL
Greg Jennings once scored a touchdown with a broken leg........

So I'm right...but I'm nuts?When I say "he's always thrown ducks", I mean he has always done it, talking a period of time here. Of course it's not every throw. Not "he always throws ducks" which is a different statement with different implications.

You were implying that tonight was nothing unusual, because he's always thrown ducks...so everyone else is silly for not nowing that Peyton throws ducks now and then.But instead of 1 of every 6 or 8 passes before...now it's every other pass...therefore your "always threw them" argument is misleading at best, and the large type and the tone of your post are "nuts"
My post was the large bolded one. I just commented on it. But I'll let you continue telling me what I was implying in my own posts, even after I've already told you. I agree, it's worse tonight. I already said that. That makes it different from usual. Which I said in the first post on the topic here, where I commented on the other guy's large, bolded post.
Oops...was the first post...the big type one that set me off ;)

Users who are viewing this thread