What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver at Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain said:
shadyridr said:
Ministry of Pain said:
flapgreen said:
Ministry of Pain said:
"Manning in the pistol"...Al, Mannng does not run the pistol, it's called the SHOTGUN!!!
He's getting confused.
Have you noticed this Flap? There is no more shotgun, everything is the pistol, its annoying. Statues like Manning do not run the pistol.
you do realize the pistol is shotgun with the rb lineup up behind the qb?
Marino ran the same formation many times, it was always called the shotgun. The Niners IMO got that pistol thing going and now you never hear the word shotgun. Just my .02 bud.
It's not something you can just have an opinion on. You're wrong. They are two different formations. The Pistol combines some of the advantages of both the Shotgun and I-Formation looks. The QB is halfway closer to the Center than he'd be in the Shotgun, but he's still far enough back that he can receive the snap and see the defense better over the OL, while still having the RB behind him which opens up the PA pass game and is a less revealing look than the Shotgun.

Man laron Landry sucks I don't know how he's still in this league. Ever since Brandon Jacobs bulldozed him he started juicing

I lost a lot of respect for quarterback rating just now. Luck has clearly out played Manning tonight but Manning has a higher rating for the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peyton has thrown ducks his entire career, can we stop acting like this is new. He is 37 so his arm is weaker now than it was 4 years ago. People watch some football and not just prime time games.

tombonneau said:
shadyridr said:
How on earth was that not a td by decker? He was running with the ball, crossed the pylon and then fumbled
I'm not sure how anyone on earth could think that was a TD.
The way they call the play now I think you are correct, but that is the #1 rule that needs to be changed in the NFL. If at any point the receiver clearly has possession and the ball crosses the line(or touches the pylon in this case).... the play should be over. Touchdown. All this "did he maintain possession while he was rolling around out of bounds?" crap has got to go. And I'm a bronco hater, but I hate that rule even more.

As a kid I never remember all the emphasis on whether players maintained possession rolling around out of bounds the way they do now.

Peyton has thrown ducks his entire career, can we stop acting like this is new. He is 37 so his arm is weaker now than it was 4 years ago. People watch some football and not just prime time games.
If this was true him and Ryan Leaf would have more in common then just being drafted in the same year.

@TroyRenck: Somewhere Tim Tebow saw that TD pass and is smiling
...as he continued bagging the pretty lady's groceries.
Dude gets a $100,000 a speaking engagement and he always has engagements.
Says more about how dumb some people are and less about how good a QB he is.
I think PDP is simply trying to point out that Tebow is still successful outside of football and is not bagging groceries.

@TroyRenck: Somewhere Tim Tebow saw that TD pass and is smiling
...as he continued bagging the pretty lady's groceries.
Dude gets a $100,000 a speaking engagement and he always has engagements.
Says more about how dumb some people are and less about how good a QB he is.
lol, I wasn't saying it did say anything about his QB skill. Just saying he isn't going to be working at Publix anytime soon.

Not sure why people are blaming Moreno... he got wacked in the backfield; there were two Colts flooding the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread