What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dispute with property manager- advice needed (3 Viewers)

My tags have been expired for two weeks

i just got the lease and inspection a few days ago to go register it
I'm flummoxed.  I thought you said you got towed for not having a "parking sticker."

Last edited by a moderator:
41 minutes ago, squistion said:

I dunno...like maybe things happening in the complex, like perhaps if they had received their new parking sticker from the property management
See the post before this
Assuming they speak English I still would have stopped at least one of them and asked rather than obliviously going about my business for three months and then discovering one morning that my car has been towed.

They don't speak english
You didn't mention that before, you indicated they were not friendly, nothing about the language they spoke. And why would you indicate there is nothing else to talk about but saying hello when they were incapable of talking about anything else?

55 minutes ago, RokNRole said:

I say hello

other than that what is there to talk about?

They claim it was placed on my door. That is not a very good way of ensuring your residents are informed. They should be delivered the info in person to be sure

or at least email and/or call

nothing
This is wrong.  Also, if they did this, enjoy paying $500 more per month to pay for the service.

I e been there 9 months.

when I moved in and got my first truck I got a parking sticker right away from the old management company

when I bought the current car 3 months ago I went to the office to get a new sticker. I was informed they were under new management and the new stickers were not a available. They said they would notify us when they were available and nobody would be towed in the meantime
Why didn't you just put the old sticker in your new car until you got the new sticker?

You didn't mention that before, you indicated they were not friendly, nothing about the language they spoke. And why would you indicate there is nothing else to talk about but saying hello when they were incapable of talking about anything else?
What would you talk to neighbors about?

I talked to one of my neighbors about yoga. I talked to another neighbor about what I do. He gave my business card to a friend of his who ended up hiring me. I've talked to several of my neighbors about goings on in the building. If cars had been towed (we own our spaces), I'm sure I would have spoken to them to get their thoughts on it.

You know, stuff.

You have to ask?

Nothing in great detail, but I occasionally make small talk about what is happening within our complex or the weather or if anything of note that is happening in the neighborhood.

I'll bet the neighbor across the hall took the notice off your door. You should smear your feces on their door handle.

This is about what's legal and right

Could I live without 300?

Sure it's just an 8 ball

Am I a scumbag for not conversing with my neighbors and I deserved a tow?

According to some

but the other day I gave a stranger directions for no reason and my karma should be in the green

This is a legal issue and the language is what it is

Sure it's just an 8 ball

According to some

but the other day I gave a stranger directions for no reason and my karma should be in the green

No one has suggested that. However I do wonder if you are somewhat anti-social or a bit of a loner, as in the workplace with their co-workers, most people also do make small talk with their neighbors.

You still haven't answered the question about how many other cars were towed for this reason.

If you don't know, it would behoove you to find out.  

Sure it's just an 8 ball

According to some

Your meter may be broken.

No one has suggested that. However I do wonder if you are somewhat anti-social or a bit of a loner, as in the workplace with their co-workers, most people also do make small talk with their neighbors.
I make an effort to reach out regularly

why do you question that?

I'm kind of surprised by your comments

i was very concerned about your downsizing and wanted to help
Just to be clear it was bankruptcy, not downsizing. Not sure why you would be so concerned. Or what you could do to help?

And based on your understanding of karma, you believe helping someone with directions gives you the right to break rules? There are a few priests that probably agree with you. 

You see this as a karmic issue?

Am I obligated to be likable?
No, as I don't believe in karma as supernatural forces punishing or rewarding people for their behavior, although I do accept the notion of karma as being the direct consequences of one's actions, which may be good or bad, irrespective of intent...but I digress...

No you are not obligated to be likable. I take a 4 1/2 mile walk, time permitting, every day, and people in cars all the time stop to ask me for directions and I give it, but unlike you, I don't pat my self on the back for doing something I didn't have to - because I think it is the right think to do (If I was lost I would hope someone I stop on the street would help me out).

Just to be clear it was bankruptcy, not downsizing. Not sure why you would be so concerned. Or what you could do to help?

And based on your understanding of karma, you believe helping someone with directions gives you the right to break rules? There are a few priests that probably agree with you. 
This is one bizarre post

No, as I don't believe in karma as supernatural forces punishing or rewarding people for their behavior, although I do accept the notion of karma as being the direct consequences of one's actions, which may be good or bad, irrespective of intent...but I digress...

No you are not obligated to be likable. I take a 4 1/2 mile walk, time permitting, every day, and people in cars all the time stop to ask me for directions and I give it, but unlike you, I don't pat my self on the back for doing something I didn't have to - because I think it is the right think to do (If I was lost I would hope someone I stop on the street would help me out).
I'm not patting myself on the back as you put it

your comments seemed to be based on karmic idealism

its nice that people are stopping you in the street and you help them.

nobody stops me in the street but on the rare occasion they do I offer the best directions I know

I'm not patting myself on the back as you put it

your comments seemed to be based on karmic idealism

its nice that people are stopping you in the street and you help them.

nobody stops me in the street but on the rare occasion they do I offer the best directions I know
Not true:

And there is no idealism in my concept of karma. It is just viewing things realistically, eliminating the supernatural. Every action one does has consequences either good or bad, irrespective of one's intent. Sometimes they work out positively, sometimes negatively, it is just what results from the wheels one sets in motions with one's actions.

Not true:

And there is no idealism in my concept of karma. It is just viewing things realistically, eliminating the supernatural. Every action one does has consequences either good or bad, irrespective of one's intent. Sometimes they work out positively, sometimes negatively, it is just what results from the wheels one sets in motions with one's actions.
What did I do wrong?

I actually was concerned and had you been in the area I would have done everything I could to help

but you couldn't imagine that
Oh, I could imagine it. But, I'm not sure what difference it makes. This thread isn't about my job, it's about your $300. (and karma)

Oh, I could imagine it. But, I'm not sure what difference it makes. This thread isn't about my job, it's about your $300. (and karma)
It makes no difference in the grand scheme of things

and I wouldn't judge anyone under the same pressure as you are

but if a friend needed me to do all I can do I am there

if I can't offer much I will still offer what I can

I don't know the rules in your state, but I  have been to small claims court in Michigan before and proof isn't really needed. The magistrate just listens to both sides of the case and makes a ruling. Would it help to have some thing to show the magistrate? Of course, so maybe emails sent to the office, your lease agreement and explaining how you understood it. If you are telling us all the details I would go file the paperwork on Monday or at least tell them if they don't refund you the money you are going to file in small claims.

Not at all. I am an agnostic. I don't believe in karma as a supernatural force.

I do what I think is morally right or wrong, not because I will be rewarded in this lifetime (with my karma in the green as you put it) or that someone is writing it all down and I will be rewarded in the hereafter or punished in the alternative. I treat people as I wish to be treated and act accordingly.

I don't know the rules in your state, but I  have been to small claims court in Michigan before and proof isn't really needed. The magistrate just listens to both sides of the case and makes a ruling. Would it help to have some thing to show the magistrate? Of course, so maybe emails sent to the office, your lease agreement and explaining how you understood it. If you are telling us all the details I would go file the paperwork on Monday or at least tell them if they don't refund you the money you are going to file in small claims.
I have everything on file for the judge

squistion said:

Why don't you ask them for a ride?  :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread