What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does this make me old? HeyDude (1 Viewer)

I'm drawn to these HeyDude shoes. Saw tons of them in Nashville last weekend. Everyone says they are very comfortable. I'm afraid to ask @offdee :style:
these things are everywhere around here. not a fan, personally, but it feels like everyone 30+ has a pair and wears them at every possible opportunity.

Are you talking about this particular brand or just the style?

I've been considering something similar.
both

they're everywhere here. i've not tried a pair on so can't comment on the comfort level... only that they seem very popular.

Are Allbirds the waterproof shoes? They are made from wool or something? I think I heard ads for them on the Smartless podcast.

I don't know about waterproof, but they are made from wool and recycled material. I think they can get wet, but dry really rapidly because they're wool. They don't stink if you wear them without socks, really. And they were comfortable. I still have them and like them.
Wool typically dries slowly, but retains warmth when wet. And doesn’t stink. Looks like some of their shoes are made from wood, some wool, and others a mix of the two, “Trino“.

2021's version of Crocs. Don't do it.
speaking of footwear that's everywhere

if i had to put a ballpark figure on the number of HS kids i see wearing them every day when dropping my kid off it would be north of 60%

They wear them everywhere even the gym which doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe if they're just lifting weights I could give it a pass but when I saw them on the treadmill, I was like nope.

Sadly I thought it was going to be about this :bag:
Lol. That was my first thought too. I watched way too much of that crap. Christine Taylor = :wub:
I once sat next to her in church* when I was a teenager and then had to go to confession for like an hour.

*I was my sister's sponsor for Confirmation and she sponsored the girl that was alphabetically next to my sister so I got to sit next to Christine Taylor by such transitive property.

Also, hate to admit it, but I own a pair of these and wear them around the house/in my yard.

A softball buddy of mine basically demanded I try a pair on. They are almost unbelievably comfortable so I gave in. :bag:

I feel like I just betrayed @offdee

Also, hate to admit it, but I own a pair of these and wear them around the house/in my yard.

A softball buddy of mine basically demanded I try a pair on. They are almost unbelievably comfortable so I gave in. :bag:

I’m not mad. I’m disappointed.
27 year old me is disappointed in me as well, amongst other things.

2021's version of Crocs. Don't do it.
speaking of footwear that's everywhere

if i had to put a ballpark figure on the number of HS kids i see wearing them every day when dropping my kid off it would be north of 60%

They wear them everywhere even the gym which doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe if they're just lifting weights I could give it a pass but when I saw them on the treadmill, I was like nope.
Yeah that's dumb. There's no support in the shoe whatsoever.

They're pure comfort and ease and that's it.

Is there a matching set for the wife (Hey Gal!)

Do you strap them on for the vigorous mall walk (why don't they open till 10 am? I've been up for 6 hours??)

My son got me a pair for Father's day. I'd never heard of em, but they definitely are comfortable. Stylish? :shrug: who knows.

Bought a pair a few years ago after hearing everyone rave about the comfort. I usually wear a 10.5 so tried 10 at the store. Way too small. Tried 11, still small. Tried 12 and they were falling off. Went with the 11s. My big toes about poke out the end and the back tears my heel up. Maybe I got a defective pair. :shrug: Haven't tried another pair and probably won't.

They look much better than flip flops.

Saw a guy sitting next to me yesterday at a pub, looking at his hairy fungus encrusted toes in flip flops was gross!

My son got me a pair for Father's day. I'd never heard of em, but they definitely are comfortable. Stylish? :shrug: who knows.
I know. You know. We all know. And the the answer is clearly no.

But, again, they're very comfortable and they slip on and off so easily that sometimes those benefits outweigh style. They're like the sweatpants of shoes.

I know. You know. We all know. And the the answer is clearly no.
They look better with shorts and a T-shirt than most footwear really. They’re meant to be casual.
there is also a wide variety in looks and styles of these.

I have a pair that basically look like sneakers -

something like this in navy

I clicked on this thread and have now seen numerous advertisements in my feeds.

My 14 yr old has 2 pairs but like the OP, I feel 2 old for them.

Review:

Shoes are ultra light and comfortable. Don't provide much if any arch support. I usually wear an 11.5-12 and ordered a 12. Should have gone with a 13 as they seem a little snug length wise. I also chose a color that is too light. They'll be good as a slip-on for errands, etc. Not as thrilled as I would like to be.

I'm drawn to these HeyDude shoes. Saw tons of them in Nashville last weekend. Everyone says they are very comfortable. I'm afraid to ask @offdee :style:
I wear Reefs around here in Florida. Reef also makes shoes similar to these and so many other shoe companies do as well.
I don't wear these but they seem to be popular in the warmer weather areas I frequent
They would appear to be light and I would hope allow for air to move thru them more easily than a shoe made out of leather.

Last edited:
Review:

Shoes are ultra light and comfortable. Don't provide much if any arch support. I usually wear an 11.5-12 and ordered a 12. Should have gone with a 13 as they seem a little snug length wise. I also chose a color that is too light. They'll be good as a slip-on for errands, etc. Not as thrilled as I would like to be.
How much are they running? Are you supposed to go sockless with them or no show socks?

Review:

How much are they running? Are you supposed to go sockless with them or no show socks?
I tried both no-shows and sockless. Preferred no-shows since they were small and felt like my toes were poking out the front.

I got mine for around $40 after 25% discount code, 10% Ratuken and 10% Chase Reward.

FWIW... I actually just initiated an exchange for this

Sadly I thought it was going to be about this :bag:
I started listening to a Podcast hosted by Christine Taylor and the dude from Hey Dude. They talk to other stars of the 90s. So seeing "Hey Dude" in the title I sang the entire theme song to myself. I can remember sitting on the floor of the living room and watching that show.

They look much better than flip flops.

Saw a guy sitting next to me yesterday at a pub, looking at his hairy fungus encrusted toes in flip flops was gross!
Should be against the law

Users who are viewing this thread