What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does this make me old? HeyDude (1 Viewer)

I'm drawn to these HeyDude shoes. Saw tons of them in Nashville last weekend. Everyone says they are very comfortable. I'm afraid to ask @offdee :style:
I bought a pair after a friend's recommendation about their comfort - so I bought for walking my dog, as I live at the Beach.

I was blown away by how comfortable they were. I will say that I'm on pair #3 now and the quality has gone down with each pair, so now they are just normal shoes and have lost some appeal to me.

My wife just bought me a pair. Made a joke about it with some of my group of friends and apparently they all have them and love them.

I'm drawn to these HeyDude shoes. Saw tons of them in Nashville last weekend. Everyone says they are very comfortable. I'm afraid to ask @offdee :style:
I bought a pair after a friend's recommendation about their comfort - so I bought for walking my dog, as I live at the Beach.

ShoeI was blown away by how comfortable they were. I will say that I'm on pair #3 now and the quality has gone down with each pair, so now they are just normal shoes and have lost some appeal to me.
No way are they any kind of decent shoe at that price.

ShoeI was blown away by how comfortable they were. I will say that I'm on pair #3 now and the quality has gone down with each pair, so now they are just normal shoes and have lost some appeal to me.

They're not really designed to be a decent shoe - more like flip flops or slip on sneakers. With that said they do wear out quickly - twice my left big toe broke through the front side. I wear them a lot to walk on the Boardwalk and around town though - I put a beating on them.

As I said they went from "walking on clouds" comfort level to now just being a slip on shoe, so I would no longer really recommend unless you like the casual style.

Sadly I thought it was going to be about this :bag:

I always lament that I know the stupidest of pop culture yet can't tell you the plot to MacBeth or remember what actually goes on in Hamlet. How you feelin' this morning about your learning?
Pretty good - just by watching that clip, I learned that the lovely Christine Taylor was in Hey Dude. Or maybe I knew that already and just forgot.

They're not really designed to be a decent shoe - more like flip flops or slip on sneakers. With that said they do wear out quickly - twice my left big toe broke through the front side. I wear them a lot to walk on the Boardwalk and around town though - I put a beating on them.

As I said they went from "walking on clouds" comfort level to now just being a slip on shoe, so I would no longer really recommend unless you like the casual style.
You live right in AC??

You live right in AC??
Asbury Park

You live right in AC??
Asbury Park
Aha said the masshole, there's more than one boardwalk in NJ

You live right in AC??
Asbury Park
Aha said the masshole, there's more than one boardwalk in NJ
Yeah, most beach communities in NJ have a boardwalk area. Some are just the boardwalk along the beach itself, but Asbury, like AC, has shops, restaurants and music venues along the boardwalk.

My wife bought me my first pair 2 months ago. They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned and wear them to work every day. I told myself they were dorky and I didn't like them, but after trying them I am hooked and might look into a different looking pair as well. I also like that you can wear them with shorts because besides gym shoes and vans, I never really had options on shoes to wear with shorts.

My best friend (married with 3 little tax deductions) raves about the Skecher slip on version of this.

Looking at it, do they all have the HEY DUDE label on the heel? Because that is a deal breaker for this stylish fella

these things are everywhere around here. not a fan, personally, but it feels like everyone 30+ has a pair and wears them at every possible opportunity.

Are you talking about this particular brand or just the style?

I've been considering something similar.

these things are everywhere around here. not a fan, personally, but it feels like everyone 30+ has a pair and wears them at every possible opportunity.

Are you talking about this particular brand or just the style?

I've been considering something similar.
The brand

If getting old means buying and wearing what you want and not giving AF what others think about your style (within reason), sign me up.

I’m still wearing Chacos most of the time unless working, working out, or walking the dog.

I found Allbirds really comfortable a few years back. I wonder what they've done with their quality. I liked mine.
Are Allbirds the waterproof shoes? They are made from wool or something? I think I heard ads for them on the Smartless podcast.

Are Allbirds the waterproof shoes? They are made from wool or something? I think I heard ads for them on the Smartless podcast.
Hey if you find a podcast or social media feed WITHOUT an AllBirds ad let me know.

They have spent a ton on marketing, and are definitely trendy, here in NYC

Hey if you find a podcast or social media feed WITHOUT an AllBirds ad let me know.

They have spent a ton on marketing, and are definitely trendy, here in NYC
This thread is the first I've heard of them.

For comfort I wear Skechers. I'm in a pair of D'lux walkers with some 32 degrees cool socks. I've been in and out of this 100 degree heat for a couple of hours and my feet aren't sweaty yet.

I don't know about waterproof, but they are made from wool and recycled material. I think they can get wet, but dry really rapidly because they're wool. They don't stink if you wear them without socks, really. And they were comfortable. I still have them and like them.

Just ordered a pair. 25% off with code SUMMER. 10% back from Ratuken. 10% back on my Chase CC. Around $40 delivered. Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread