What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Dolphins at Defending World Champion Kansas City Chiefs (+3.5, 44) - Yep We Are Cuttin’ Glass Over Here Today! *** (1 Viewer)

How are you throwing short of the sticks on 4th and 16?
Tua has improved every year. But that throw was pathetic. Has Tua peaked? I think McDaniel and Grier could do alot to help Tua by looking at one of his Comps, Brees. Brees had Colston, good TEs, a great receiving RB, plus speedsters thrown in. Miami had no physical over the middle WRs.

Eta: Michael Thomas.

Is that then an illegal pass to a lineman or no?
Only if he would have caught it.

I thought the rule was if the o line is the first to touch it, it’s a penalty. I could be wrong no doubt.

It used to be, but they changed it in 2018 to separate out an intentional touch and an unintentional one, specifically to make it no longer a penalty if a pass accidentally hits a lineman.

That's not a joke, by the way. That's what Reid called him as a rookie.

Third round pick in my rookie draft. Haven't used him nearly a whit. He doesn't get the snaps nor has he ever stuffed the tackle sheet.

Crazy how Dolphins have abandoned the run the past couple weeks. Everything about tonight would suggest they should try to run it down KC’s throats, but Mostert only had eight carries, and this game was competitive most of the way

Do you see the Brees comp? I know he's a HOFer, but Brees had 4 or 5 mediocre years until the Payton years?

I don't, really. It's hard to imagine Brees as a terrible QB even though I witnessed it personally one day.

Once the switch went on for Brees, it never stopped.

Tua doesn't have Brees's arm. People forget that Brees's arm strength diminshed as he got older. Tua is playing with old Brees's arm right now.

Now we're talking Philly.

What the heck is wrong with them internally?

How can you just quit on a season like they seem to have?

That's not saying they can't go on a run here. They can. But why is this common knowledge to where Jason Garrett is discussing it as if it was a fact?

Now we're talking Philly.

What the heck is wrong with them internally?

How can you just quit on a season like they seem to have?

That's not saying they can't go on a run here. They can. But why is this common knowledge to where Jason Garrett is discussing it as if it was a fact?
I mean, he’s not wrong. There’s a bad vibe in Philly

Crazy how Dolphins have abandoned the run the past couple weeks. Everything about tonight would suggest they should try to run it down KC’s throats, but Mostert only had eight carries, and this game was competitive most of the way

Felt like they were pretty balanced until the game got away from them. Achane and Mostert were splitting carries and the offense just didn't run many plays in total until late (partly because they weren't gaining any yards on the runs) when KC got into prevent.

If hell is personalized

And now you can rightfully imagine that it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Now imagine how doomed we all are.

I mean, unless you wander the earth homeless and spend your time clamoring for justice and peace, you're going there.

Argh. I personally used to be scared that we were just animals. It meant that everything was permitted and nothing was forbidden. Now I'm worried there is a vengeful, angry God with personalized hells and the like.

If hell is personalized

I mean, unless you wander the earth homeless and spend your time clamoring for justice and peace, you're going there.

Argh. I personally used to be scared that we were just animals. It meant that everything was permitted and nothing was forbidden. Now I'm worried there is a vengeful, angry God with personalized hells and the like.
Sorry I deleted my post.

It suffices to say that I find Jason Garrett to be more inane than Chris Collinsworth.

If the Bills win Monday, Patrick Mahomes will play the first true road playoff game of his career—it'll be his 17th playoff game overall, and his 16th playoff start—next weekend in Orchard Park.

If hell is personalized

I just finished the Good Place for a 2nd time.

color me skeptical.

Missing their top three edge rushers, the Dolphins used cover 0 on 18 dropbacks, tied for the 2nd-most in a game since 2018.

Patrick Mahomes (Wild Card vs MIA)

🔹 vs Cover 0: 7/18, 74 yds (-6.2 EPA)
🔹 Other Coverages: 16/23, 188 yds, TD (+19.1 EPA)

So Mahomes takes a hit to the head that shatters his helmet and they not only bring him a new one with no timeout needed but they don’t send him to be evaluated for concussion right away. That dude has some kind of pull in this league.
The result of the game wasn't going to change thanks to that obviously, but it was a bad look for sure, not that the NFL really cares.

We’ve seen enough. He ain’t it. Back to the drawing board.
Skylar has looked great in 2 preseasons, aside from a bad quarter vs the Texans. He almost beat BUF, even with a couple of key drops, a huge one by Waddle, plays coming in late resulting in penalties, etc. He extends plays. That's the alternative to Tua.
The third string QB is not the only alternative. You’re not winning in this league consistently without an elite quarterback. Period. The Dolphins don’t currently have an elite quarterback on their roster. I get that I’m yelling at the clouds here, and Tua is most likely going to be the QB1 next year, but unless he shows significant improvement when it matters, they’d be fools to pay him big money and not move on. He’s a great dude, but is obviously not very good when things in this system aren’t perfect. Is this a different game if they don’t have all the injuries? Possibly. But his play last night didn’t even give them a chance. He was absolutely abysmal. No fire either. Looked like he’d rather be anywhere but playing in a playoff game. I was on board for a while, but the last month and a half has shown me that he’s not the answer. He just doesn’t have it.
If being embarrassed on national television every time they play a big game on the road is ok with you then that’s fine. I’m pretty tired of it myself.

Missing their top three edge rushers, the Dolphins used cover 0 on 18 dropbacks, tied for the 2nd-most in a game since 2018.

Patrick Mahomes (Wild Card vs MIA)

🔹 vs Cover 0: 7/18, 74 yds (-6.2 EPA)
🔹 Other Coverages: 16/23, 188 yds, TD (+19.1 EPA)
I didn't mind the Cover 0 approach, but you have to press the WRs in it. Fangio famously likes to play his corners off. As a result, Mahomes converted several of these.

The third string QB is not the only alternative.
Given Miami's cap space next year, Skylar might be the only alternative to Tua. Aside from the Tua over Herbert draft decision, which most pundits supported at the time, GM Grier has been bad at evaluating.QBs. There was the Rosen trade for a late 2nd round pick in 2019 and last year's decision to sign Mike White as a backup to an injury-prone Tua. Both QBs had lots of NFL tape showing how bad they were.

I didn't see that game as an indictment of MIA.

Brutalized by injuries, and on the road to the defending world champs in historic cold.

They probably got a bit too much hype earlier in the year, but that isn't their fault. They still have cheat code speed on offense, they need to beat the good teams next year, and they know for sure that home field advantage next January might be nice

So Mahomes takes a hit to the head that shatters his helmet and they not only bring him a new one with no timeout needed but they don’t send him to be evaluated for concussion right away. That dude has some kind of pull in this league.
To be fair the weather was so effing cold last night that the plastic on that helmet just had to be brittle anyway. On top of that, it looked to me that the plastic itself is not really the barrier that protects the head like the old helmets used to.

It looked like a thin plastic skin just acting as a covering. And honestly if it takes the impact and breaks, I'm guessing it may be a design feature in that particular helmet.

To be fair the weather was so effing cold last night that the plastic on that helmet just had to be brittle anyway. On top of that, it looked to me that the plastic itself is not really the barrier that protects the head like the old helmets used to.

It looked like a thin plastic skin just acting as a covering. And honestly if it takes the impact and breaks, I'm guessing it may be a design feature in that particular helmet.
I head read somewhere last night that this helmet is designed to flex but was probably too brittle from the cold.

Just when you thought you had seen it all,Patrick Mahomes plays with a hole in his helmut.
And how many plays did he run before it was noticed?

Users who are viewing this thread