What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DRAFT] FBG Polling Mock (1 Viewer)

Strange fruit to be selected here

• Jason Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Max Jean-Gilles

• Davin Joseph

• Marcedes Lewis

• Kelly Jennings

• Gabe Watson

• Mathias Kiwanuka

• Thomas Howard

• Tamba Hali

• Nick Mangold

• DeMeco Ryans

• Leonard Pope

• Daryn Colledge

• Johnathan Joseph

• Richard Marshall

• Total voters

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
Seattle = JASON ALLEN

RESULTS SO FAR:

1.01 Texans Reggie Bush 80%

1.02 Saints D'Brick Ferguson 54%

1.03 Titans Matt Leinart 81%

1.04 Jets Mario Williams 86%

1.05 Packers AJ Hawk 73%

1.06 49ers Vernon Davis 70%

1.07 Raiders Vince Young 59%

1.08 Bills Winston Justice 58%

1.09 Lions Michael Huff 54%

1.10 Cardinals Jay Cutler 46%

1.11 Rams Haloti Ngata 48%

1.12 Browns Brodrick Bunkley 44%

1.13 Ravens Jimmy Williams 45%

1.14 Eagles Chad Jackson 27%

1.15 Broncos Santonio Holmes* 37%

1.16 Dolphins Antonio Cromartie 22%

1.17 Vikings Ernie Sims 52%

1.18 Cowboys Manny Lawson 29%

1.19 Chargers Tye Hill 29%

1.20 Chiefs Eric Winston 23%

1.21 Patriots DeAngelo Williams 47%

1.22 Forty Niners Chad Greenway 37%

1.23 Buccaneers Kamerion Wimbley 23%

1.24 Bengals Donte Whitner 28%

1.25 Giants Bobby Carpenter 40%

1.26 Bears Sinorice Moss 33%

1.27 Panthers LenDale White 30%

1.28 Jaguars Laurence Maroney 28%

1.29 Jets Marcus McNeill 39%

1.30 Colts Joseph Addai 44%

1.31 Seahawks Jason Allen 20%

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm undecided. Hutch leaving makes you wonder if they seek to replace him quickly. I'm not sure Jeremy Stevens is all that, and this polling method (looking at a bunch of names at one time) sort of gets me thinking out of the box at TE here. Holmgren is known for surprises. I see needs across the defense-- room for improvement.

I haven't voted.

If Jason Allen is available here I'd say that would be their best move all things considered. Kelly Jennings also would be a smart move but a lot may depend on what they think Ty Law will do. I think despite their loss of Hutchenson, the line is going to be just fine and the team did use a first rounder last year in this area. I think they'll draft defense.

If Jason Allen is available here I'd say that would be their best move all things considered. Kelly Jennings also would be a smart move but a lot may depend on what they think Ty Law will do. I think despite their loss of Hutchenson, the line is going to be just fine and the team did use a first rounder last year in this area. I think they'll draft defense.
It will make no sense to me if Jennings is drafted before Marshall. I could understand him going before Joseph based on experience, but Jennings is not much for run support, and maybe as good as Marshall in coverage, maybe. Marshall is the best run supporting pure CB in the draft..02

My gut tells me Kelly Jennings here as a player who stood out at the Senior Bowl and Scouting Combine, he could contribute immediately pushing Herndon for a starting job. Also defensive end is also a position the team wants to improve as evidenced by their John Abraham, flirtation so Tamba Hali could be a consideration here but with him falling on most boards he's probably a reach, Maybe Kiwi? they could also potentially be looking to replace Steve Hutchinson with someone like Davin Joseph. to me though a cornerback is their biggest need and with both Jennings and Ashton Youboty capable of being chosen..... The team was also contemplating signing Ty Law so I think that kinda shows what they think as well.

This is a tough pick. DE, G and CB all make a lot of sense and all three positions have solid prospects available. Also, Ryans and Allen offer good value. :confused:

This is a tough pick. DE, G and CB all make a lot of sense and all three positions have solid prospects available. Also, Ryans and Allen offer good value. :confused:
Wads thats what I was thinking as well which was what made me mention as many guys as I did, I think I went Jennings actually as an eeny Meeny Miny Mo choice :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

yeah chaos but either jennings or allen fits here, I just went jennings to to health concerns and the fact that jennings is a pure corner

I voted for Davin Joseph, but if we don't add a db through free agency then Jason Allen or Kelly Jennings would be a great need/value pick.

I hope that the draft plays out this way..........trade down a few spots?

yeah chaos but either jennings or allen fits here, I just went jennings to to health concerns and the fact that jennings is a pure corner
I'm curious as can be. You seem to have a good handle on these guys. Why in the world would Jennings go before Marshall (or Joseph for that matter)???I see Scott Wright has Jennings here, but he also has Marshall (@21) and Joseph (@23) off the board. Jennings is really weak against the run. I mean he's a miniature Deion against the run. He avoids it, and he knows it's an issue. Marshall and Joseph have good size, as good or better speed, are every bit as good in coverage, and as far as I can tell they have higher grades across the board.

to be honest chaos, i grade jennings higher because of the program he comes from, Miami has an excellent track record with the secondary. Ed Reed, Sean Taylor , Bennie Blades, Ryan Mcneil, Darryl Williams, Antrell Rolle, Duane Starks and a host of others have come out of there and been as good as advertised, that system has bred quality for too long not to gice it the benefit of the doubt.

I mean you're right about the grades and everything but if a guy is a USC tailback and he grades out slightly behind a guy playing tailback at Slippery Rock state, who do you pick? its not scientific or anything but it tells me they know something about Defensive Backs

Users who are viewing this thread