What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Season Surprises - What you got? (1 Viewer)

TheDirtyWord

Footballguy
Every year, patterns/players emerge or regress in terms of their ADP value or general perception(s). With draft season now over and our rosters for the most part loaded, the last two months had some interesting developments that you could term...unexpected.

Adrian Peterson - I expected once TC started and people started seeing other RB situations to develop/emerge that AP's ADP would fall. But he never really did - he was firmly entrenched in the mid-2nd round all off-season. Despite the encouraging signs of his recovery, he just started being allowed to incur contact (in a friendly environment) this week. Yet people were more spooked by the relatively minor injuries incurred by Mathews/Richardson as their ADP value dropped at least a full round.

Doug Martin - Granted there is a new attitude/atmosphere around Bucs camp this season. But last off-season they were coming off what appeared then to be a great breakthrough season and LeGerrette Blount had burst on the scene as a nimble big back who put up monster numbers once he got on the field for TB. A year later, TB's defense was exposed and it appears they still lack the talent to keep teams from scoring on them. Yet Martin's ADP is s shade higher than what Blount's ADP was last year.

Eli Manning - You can't argue it. The guy emerged as a big time player, not only in real terms, but fantasy terms as well in 2011. He was a shade away from the 'not nearly as exclusive as it used to be' 5000 yard club. But FF owners have been lukewarm to adopt his re-shaped image as an elite NFL & FF QB. His mid 5th round value has him pegged in Marc Bulgerville.

Marshawn Lynch - It's not so much where his ADP wound up, just that it took as long as it did to get there again. All off-season, the guy was a perennial late 1st round/early 2nd round guy. Then the DUI came and he dropped instantly a full round. But within 7-10 days, details that came out about the case made it clear that nobody needed to worry about any 2012 repercussions, yet it's only within the last week where his draft value has regained pre-DUI proportions. For those that got him at the end of Round 2, beginning of Q3 - kudos.

Larry Fitzgerald - Last year, Fitz had been equipped with a new QB...one the Cardinals had invested in heavily which would have precluded that Fitz would probably have someone throwing to him...finally! That was not the case and anyone whose watched the Cardinals QB or O-Line this pre-season has witnessed a disaster waiting to happen. Yet, his ADP between 2011 and 2012 has been but a half round drop. Fitz has always found a way to put up numbers so his floor is attractive. But he's WR#3...I was surprised he didn't free fall.

Adrian Peterson - I expected once TC started and people started seeing other RB situations to develop/emerge that AP's ADP would fall. But he never really did - he was firmly entrenched in the mid-2nd round all off-season. Despite the encouraging signs of his recovery, he just started being allowed to incur contact (in a friendly environment) this week. Yet people were more spooked by the relatively minor injuries incurred by Mathews/Richardson as their ADP value dropped at least a full round.
AP's ADP also dropped a full round. It just happended in February when the first rankings came out. Mid-late 2nd is at least a full round later than where he normally goes. He has been a Top-3 pick the last three years

AP's ADP also dropped a full round. It just happended in February when the first rankings came out. Mid-late 2nd is at least a full round later than where he normally goes. He has been a Top-3 pick the last three years
The surprise isn't that it's a round lower than it used to be. It's that it's five rounds higher than it should be.

I'm not really surprised by any of these.

Its Adrian Peterson. Owning him is fun. FF is supposed to be fun.

Everyone has reached on rookies since Adrian/Forte/MJD etc. People want to be that guy who picked the rookie that had a big year. Again, drafting Martin is fun and its supposed to be fun.

Eli just has head scratching performances year after year early in the season and I think people remember that.

Lynch is a repeat offender knucklehead on what many perceive as a bad team.

Fitz is just a jaw dropping talent.

I was surprised with...

The love for McGahee, Ridley, Tate, Redman

The lack of love for Olsen, Desean, and just about anyone on the end of that WR2 teir

Users who are viewing this thread