What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings week 4 (1 Viewer)

Hitting on FD, but another 0-fer week on DK - brutal.   I think I will just do the FD thing for a couple weeks.  

Cashed the 2x (167.80) but nothing in gpps, $8.50 in $10 out.

I do still have a $1 thu-mon that's cashing for $2 with 146.78 with Conner,Boyd and Eifert still to go. Need to break 190 to get to top 10.

Been hand building, I have more fun that way, but it could lead to me being crappier at this dfs thing.  
The moral of yesterday here was "stick with your system".  I would have been fine if I would have just stayed with what I had, but I played with the LU builder after I put in my LU (sometimes I do this just to see if I am close to what they have), and it was a bit different for whatever reason, and  I tried that instead of what I had in.  Frustrating because I know I had Ekeler/McCaffrey/Fournette in there with Inman/Waller/M.Ryan/Kirk/Car.   Can't remember the last guy, but just having the first 3 would have had me in the cash games.  The optimizer kept spitting out jamming in 4 Chargers and Mahomes and paying down at RB, which I never seem to do in cash so I thought I was missing something.   Oh well, I made the choice, just #####ing out loud here.   Don't seem to have much luck with the LU builder the couple times I've used it, so I think mostly I am just going to use if for ownership % and H-val and keep hand building the actual lineups.  

Yeah, I haven't had any luck with the optimizer either. I build my lineups by hand but throw  an optimizer lineup in a $2 50/50 and haven't cashed yet on either site.

Yeah, I haven't had any luck with the optimizer either. I build my lineups by hand but throw  an optimizer lineup in a $2 50/50 and haven't cashed yet on either site.
Maybe we all need to go the questions thread and pick their brain about why this would be or if they have suggested settings.  

When I run them even for cash, they do exactly the opposite that I tend to do.  On both sites this week it kept spitting out LUs paying up at WR and TE and had cheapies at RB.  

Break even week for me on DK.  had a couple lineups get into the 180s.  Not bad, but didn't make any major headway, as usual.  

I am 3/4 in $25 double ups so far this year.  Maybe I am starting to get the hang of those, but I don't know.  Probably just lucky.

Cashed the 2x (167.80) but nothing in gpps, $8.50 in $10 out.

I do still have a $1 thu-mon that's cashing for $2 with 146.78 with Conner,Boyd and Eifert still to go. Need to break 190 to get to top 10.
Well Boyd, Eifert and the Bengals stunk it up so only made it to 42/5945 with 184.28 good for $7. Needed 8+ more points to cash for $50+

Still $9.50 in and $17 out.

Another wipeout!  $11 in, $1.80 out.  

I pared down to two cash LUs, and entered 10 $1 H2Hs, and one $1  ten-man 50/50.  Only cashed in the 50/50

SEA / AZ game stack      Wilson / Ekeler - Kerryon Johnson / Keenan Allen -  L Fitz  - C. Kirk / Dissly / Lockett / Panthers

Naked Mahomes:    Mahomes / Ekeler - Kerryon Johnson / Keenan Allen -  L Fitz  - P. Richardson / Dissly / Lockett / Panthers

Both scored in the low-mid 130s, but fell short against a wall of  CMc / Ekeler / Gallman  teams.

Painful drubbing, but I guess I can rationalize it.   Week 4 hinged on your Gallman exposure.  We all knew it going in.  I intentionally faded Gallman, estimating he was bad chalk.  Instead, I locked in on Keenan Allen and Lockett, who disappointed.  Even so, even one TD from Mahomes would have helped!   :kicksrock:

In hindsight, these are Cash games, and using Gallman on the cheap allowed you to get up to CMc.  I probably need to go back to the fundamentals:

1. RB in the FLEX
  2. Pay up for three pass-catching RBs
  3. Pay down as far as you dare at QB

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread