What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DRAGGIN'S FINAL 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT (1 Viewer)

kremenull

Footballguy
Link to rev 2

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=459257&hl=

Link to rev 1

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=453328&hl=

1st ROUND

1. Detroit Lions Matt Stafford CB 6’3” 225 Georgia

The Lions are desperately in need of generating some excitement to its long-suffering fan base and will give strong consideration to a QB here. The surest bet is to select one of the top OL in this bumper crop, but in the final analysis, I believe the Lions ownership is more concerned with profitability over winning, which will lead them to select a QB with the top pick, Matt Stafford. I believe it is the wrong pick, primarily because Stafford is not a Top 5 player in this draft class, IMO, so to select him at #1 overall is just not good decision-making. A rejuvenated Culpepper along with a franchise LT in this spot would serve the Lions quite well in the short term and they could look to the future next year as I believe that there will be at least 2 QBs in next year’s draft who are far superior prospects, and several others who are as good as Stafford. But for mock purposes, it’s not what you would do that counts it’s what you think the team will do with the pick.

2. St. Louis Rams Eugene Monroe OT 6’6” 315 Virginia

With a plethora of needs to fill on both sides of the line of scrimmage and virtually all over the field, my gut tells me they go for one of the LT prospects, and the pick here is Eugene Monroe. Monroe is the guy who kept last year’s fast riser Branden Albert playing inside at UVA, so the talent is there for him to be an elite LT in the pros.

With a brand new coach on board who has a tough, defensive mind-set, the Rams look to set the tone for their future by drafting inside-out over the “skill positions”. Although, one of my surprises that I just can’t quite place here is for the Rams to opt for a franchise signal caller, which would be Sanchez.

3. Kansas City Chiefs Michael Crabtree WR 6’1 ½” 215 Texas Tech

With new GM Scott Pioli calling the shots, the Chiefs will look to build with players blessed with versatility and smarts ala the NE Patriots. With Monroe off the board, the Chiefs will add a playmaker to the offense in Crabtree. Equipped with excellent hands, consistency, and competitiveness, Crabtree should fit in nicely as a complement to D.Bowe on the other side to (hopefully) form a WR tandem similar to the one in AZ, where Todd Haley recently coached (connecting the dots here with this pick..:-D). The passing game is immediately upgraded as the Chiefs put the rest of the league on notice that they are ready and willing to attack. The interesting side note here is Pioli vs. Mangini (Did you think I totally forgot about Spygate, you little twirp?.....Pioli says to Mangini as he holds this pick hostage unless the Browns fork over half the farm to get Crabtree here).

4. Seattle Seahawks B.J. Raji DT 6’2” 330 Boston College

With Crabtree off the board, frankly, I never believed that he would be the selection here anyway, the Seahawks will either choose a defensive player here or an OT. With HC Jim Mora in charge of his first draft here, I’d hedge my bet that they go with a defensive player. And it is not like there isn’t a need for this team to acquire some beef up front as I still have clear memories of the Seahawks getting trampled by the Packers’ Ryan Grant in the playoffs a couple of seasons ago. After losing DT Bernard in FA, Raji would be a nice upgrade here for their front four.

5. Cleveland Browns Aaron Curry LB 6’3” 250 Wake Forest

Word is that the Browns are trying to move Edwards, as well as Quinn. After losing out on Crabtree, whom they reportedly covet, the Browns will regroup and select LB Aaron Curry to play inside in their 3-4 system, ala Jerod Mayo for the Pats last year. As he did with the Jets a few years ago in selecting Revis, Mangini thus begins his tenure in Cleveland addressing the defense. Curry is one of the surest things in this draft and a legit Top 5 talent, blessed with top notch speed, toughness, and instincts. Curry will be a starter from Day 1 and a perennial Pro Bowler in no time.

6. Cincinnati Bengals Jason Smith OT 6’5” 305 Baylor

The Bengals have several needs to address, but it’s much more difficult/costly to acquire an upper echelon OT in free-agency or via trade than it is to simply draft a potential stud and develop him. Jason Smith has solidified a Top 10 selection by having a terrific offseason and has the tools to be a future Pro Bowl LT.

7. Oakland Raiders Michael Johnson DE 6’7” 265 Georgia Tech

As tempted as Al Davis may be to land an elite WR prospect with this selection, the Raiders would be better off drafting either an O-lineman or D-lineman here to shore up at least one of their more glaring weaknesses over the past few years, pass protection and pressuring the passer. I anticipate that some teams’ management brass will go “gaa-gaa” over Johnson’s physical prowess and go for the huge upside and my call here is that Al Davis swings for the fences and envisions Johnson as a Jevon Kearse (aka “The Freak”) or Julius Peppers caliber player in the NFL. It just may turn out that, with proper coaching, Big Al may be correct and Johnson turns into the best player in this entire draft a few years down the line. If the Raiders don’t surprise here with Johnson or another DE such as Orakpo or Maybin, then Mr. Maclin or DHB will likely don the Silver & Black next season.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars Mark Sanchez QB 6’3” 225 USC

Sanchez will be selected in this slot, just not so sure it will be the Jags. An alternative selection here would be for the Jags to continue their (seemingly) never-ending search for a top-flight WR and tab Maclin. But something is shouting at me that Sanchez gets picked here, regardless of the team selecting, Jags or another team. Sanchez’ stock has risen dramatically the past few weeks and the Jags (or someone else) figure that he can sit behind a starter for a year, maybe even two, before taking over under center. Many feel that Sanchez is a better prospect than Stafford, and you can count me in (since Day 1) amongst that group as well. Sanchez is both very accurate and very mobile and could be a star QB in the NFL if he isn’t rushed onto the field too early in his career. If developed properly, I see him following a similar path as Aaron Rodgers, as Sanchez reminds me a lot of A-Rodge in their skill sets.

9. Green Bay Packers Brian Orakpo DE 6’4” 260 Texas

The Packers defense fell off big-time in ’08 from the previous season, in large part due to the lack of heat on opposing QBs. With Orakpo, one of the better edge rushers, still on the board, the value is simply too good for the Pack to pass. The remaining edge rushers will be given consideration as well but Orakpo gets the nod here due to his larger frame over Maybin and Brown.

10. San Francisco 49’ers Everette Brown OLB/DE 6’4” 255 Florida St.

With Sanchez off the board, the Niners will turn their attention to the defense with this pick. In need of applying pressure off the edges, the Niners have 2 of the top 3 rated pass rushers available to them at #10. I’ll pencil in Brown here although it could very well be Orakpo or Maybin, if either are available, just as easily.

11. Buffalo Bills Aaron Maybin OLB/DE 6’4” 245 Penn St.

In need of adding speed of the edge to pressure QBs, the Bills fall back on their track record and get back to what they invariably do….draft players from big-time programs/conferences, and the Bills love drafting players from the Big 10…..Maybin is a talented edge rusher who is a bit of a ‘tweener but looks like he’ll at least initially have a role as a nickel/dime package rush end. If he can either bulk up or learn to play standing up, Maybin has the ability to be a special playmaker in the pros with his combination of first-step quickness, closing speed, and high motor.

12. Denver Broncos Robert Ayers DE 6’3” 270 Tennessee

Unless they trade up to select Sanchez, I see the Broncos addressing their front seven here with either a player like Ayers or T.Jackson to play the 5-technique in their 3-4 or one of the ‘Studly 3 out of USC’, ILBs Cushing or Maualuga or OLB Matthews. Ayers is the latest hot player who fills a need for the Broncos in implementing their new defensive scheme.

13. Washington Redskins Michael Oher OT 6’5” 320 Ole Miss

The ‘Skins defense lacks a premier pass rusher and if one of the top rated edge rushers are available here, I would not be the least bit surprised to see the ‘Skins go DE here. Oher has plenty of skeptics but also has plenty of tools to work with and could develop into a superb LT in the mold of a Richmond Webb, as he has excellent feet and the frame to get stronger over the years to grow as a run blocker. His best football appears to be ahead of him. One of the ‘Studly 3 out of USC’ could be considered here as well as London Fletcher indeed makes a lot of tackles, but they all seem to be at least 5-6 yards down the field.

14. New Orleans Saints Brian Cushing LB 6’3” 255 USC

After striking it big with the selection of Sedrick Ellis last year, the Saints dip back into the Trojan pool of talent and tab the very versatile and athletic LB Cushing. Cushing can play inside/outside as well as blitz and he will find a starting spot somewhere very quickly.

15. Houston Texans Vontae Davis CB 6’0” 200 Illinois

With so many high draft picks invested in the front four recently, the Texans address the back line of the defense by going BPA and select the freakishly athletic CB Davis to immediately upgrade the secondary. At worst, Davis will start out as a nickel back and special teamer but should crack the starting lineup at some early point into his rookie campaign.

16. San Diego Chargers Tyson Jackson DE 6’5” 290 LSU

The Chargers are faced with the fact that the face of their franchise for the past 8 years is showing that he is a mere mortal, just like all of us. And faced with that reality, I do believe that the Chargers will consider drafting a RB here. But with only one first day selection, the Chargers will fill a need in their d-line rotation after losing DE Olshansky in FA. Jackson is a solid, great-effort player who will immediately fit into the d-line rotation to contribute right away. Caution: Do not rule out Moreno here……

17. New York Jets Chris “Beanie” Wells RB 6’1” 235 Ohio St.

The Jets have to find their future franchise QB soon, but it may happen via trade (B.Quinn, possibly) or in next year’s draft. With both Stafford and Sanchez gone, the Jets opt to make a splash pick here and take RB Wells to add to the RBBC mix for this year and eventually succeed T.Jones as the primary ballcarrier. Although Wells has his detractors, if he holds up physically, he could produce some big-time numbers and help kill the clock at the end of games.

18. Denver Broncos Rey Maualuga LB 6’2” 260 USC

The new scheme that DC Mike Nolan will implement calls for a tough, strong, and smart inside thumper LB to direct the defense. Many reports are claiming that Maualuga’s stock is falling like a heavy rock in water, but I just don’t see it. Big Rey fits the bill and would be an ideal choice here as it would also allow D.J. Williams to focus more on playmaking out in space.

19. Tampa Bay Bucs Percy Harvin WR/KR 5’11” 195 Florida

“Chucky” is gone, so the Bucs may finally look to acquire a young RB like Moreno, especially with Cadillac suffering another knee injury. With the recent signing of Derrick Ward, Harvin would be an ideal fit for the slot receiver position in Tampa and could also find a prominent role in a ‘wildcat’ type of formation alongside Ward/Graham. Or he may also be employed as a Reggie Bush type of RB who is primarily used in the passing game but also receives about 8-10 carries per game and a few punt returns. Blessed with tremendous playmaking ability, Harvin would add another dimension to a team in need of playmakers on offense.

20. Detroit Lions Peria Jerry DT 6’2” 290 Ole Miss

The Lions would do themselves well here if they are able to land a promising OT prospect, but there is also a need along the d-line to get bigger and more athletic up front. Perry is a ready-made player who should step in as a starter from Day 1 for the Lions who also have the luxury of either trading up from #33 or waiting it out to land an OT prospect like Beatty, Smith, or Britton.

21. Philadelphia Eagles William Beatty OT 6’6” 305 Connecticut

Andy Reid is a proponent of drafting linemen early and often in the draft. Andre Smith may get consideration here too but Beatty is less risk and has a better outlook as a left tackle than Smith. HC Reid will side with the safer bet as he realizes the Eagles’ window is closing rather quickly and he can’t afford to miss on this one. The value vs. need here is probably a bit skewed towards need, but with NFL coaching Beatty’s best football could be ahead of him.

22. Minnesota Vikings Jeremy Maclin WR 6’1” 205 Missouri

With DT Jerry off the board, the Vikes add a playmaker to the offense in Maclin. Too bad that C-Pep really screwed up in Minny as I believe that the messy situation involving him will (unfairly, I must say) have them pass on Freeman here, simply because he is similar in stature, style, and skill-set, to Culpepper. Although, Maclin is certainly not a consolation prize here as he is definitely worthy of this selection and probably the BPA. Blessed with great speed and elusiveness, the smooth-striding Maclin has star potential in abundance. This guy effortlessly glides up, down, and across the field reminiscent of a smaller Randy Moss. Once he puts it all together, and it’s just a matter of time, watch out! With “All-Day” toting the rock, Maclin will add another big-play dimension to this offense as well as contribute immediately in the return game.

23. New England Patriots Darius Butler CB 5’11” 190 Connecticut

Although not quite as physically gifted as V.Davis, Butler is a supremely talented athlete with all the tools to become an upper-echelon CB in the NFL. N.E. will certainly need to upgrade their secondary if they expect to stay atop of the strong AFC East going forward. The Pats’ cornerback play has slipped badly the past couple of seasons, especially last year after losing Samuel in F.A. Butler immediately becomes the Pats’ best CB and should claim a starting position very early on.

24. Atlanta Falcons Sean Smith DB 6’3” 205 Utah

The Falcons made huge strides this past season and appear to be on the upswing. However, one of the position groups that they could definitely upgrade is at DB. After getting torched by Fitz/Boldin in the playoffs, the Falcons address the deficiency by selecting Smith, a superb athletic specimen who should fit in somewhere along the backline of the Falcons defense.

25. Miami Dolphins Malcolm Jenkins CB 6’1” 205 Ohio St.

Given that the ‘Fins are in an up-and-coming division (AFC East), they must increase their overall talent level as they seriously over-achieved in ’08. After having a not so great combine, Jenkins falls to the #25 spot and is great value here as he is a very good football player. Probably not the guy you will want to leave out on an island (man-to-man all day), Jenkins is a good combo corner who can play both zone/man coverages or even play some safety as his football IQ and instincts will place him in position to make plays.

26. Baltimore Ravens Darius Heyward-Bey WR 6’2 ” 205 Maryland

The Ravens once again showed that they can compete with any team in the league even without an explosive offense. But it is time to add a serious threat at the skill positions and DHB would provide just that. Mason still probably has some value to them as a slot receiver only, and Clayton’s role should increase going forward, but neither warrants being the #1 WR on any team. DHB has the talent, explosiveness, and size to become a legit #1 with some seasoning. Initially, he should at least be the deep-threat who can get behind secondaries and run under those Flacco rockets. This pick tremendously enhances Flacco’s value and rank in NFL, as well as fantasy, circles.

27. Indianapolis Colts Evander Hood DT 6’4” 295 Missouri

A pick based strictly on need as the Colts are desperate for help up front, on both sides of the ball actually. But that front seven is simply not getting it done, especially in stopping the run. Bob Sanders has far too much responsibility in the run game for his smaller frame to hold up over the long haul and the Colts must immediately bring in some big boys up front to contain opposing ballcarriers.

28. Philadelphia Eagles Knowshon Moreno RB 5’11” 215 Georgia

After passing on a RB earlier to select Beatty, the Eagles land their eventual successor to Westbrook here to keep things rolling on offense going forward. With his added bulk, I believe Moreno has erased any doubts that he can be a workhorse RB and value wise, this selection could turn into the steal of the first round if he does indeed become a true workhorse, stud RB. Playing in Andy Reid’s version of the west coast offense and learning how to be a professional from a guy like Westbrook will surely enhance Moreno’s chances of success in the NFL.

29. New York Giants Clay Matthews LB 6’3” 240 USC

Matthews just looks like a football player. He has enjoyed a tremendous offseason on the tails of his impressive late-season play for the Trojans. Blessed with NFL bloodlines, he could step in as a starter very early in the season as the Giants continue their record of making very solid draft selections of late.

30. Tennessee Titans Larry English DE 6’3” 260 Northern Illinois

The Titans blueprint is to employ a deep set of DL in order to apply pressure on the QB for 4 quarters, rotating guys in all day to keep them fresh. English is an intriguing prospect who could learn a lot from guys like KVB and Kearse and eventually replace Kearse in the rotation. One of the speedy WRs will get a strong look here or in the next couple of rounds as Tennessee still needs more playmakers out on the perimeter.

31. Arizona Cardinals Eben Britton OT 6’6” 315 Arizona

With the possible release of a player like LJ looming, the Cards would be wise to address other needs than RB here, either along the o-line or on defense. The Super Bowl performance of LT Gandy vs. James Harrison proved that an upgrade at LT is much needed. The Cards stick close to home in selecting Britton, who has the ability to play either LT or RT at the NFL level. Russ Grimm has no problem working with (and molding) raw prospects such as Britton, who possesses some of the necessary attributes (balance, good feet) to develop into a solid NFL LT. If the Cardinals are able to resolve the Boldin situation and add a RB such as LJ this offseason, I would tab them as one of the early favorites to win Super Bowl XLIV.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers Alex Mack C/G 6’4” 310 California

The Steelers o-line continues to regress and needs an upgrade in several positions. And as anyone who watched the Super Bowl can attest, center J.Hartwig was literally abused by Dockett on the interior all evening. Mack is one of the highest rated o-lineman still available and can play multiple interior positions. He should find a starting gig from Day 1 at either C or G for this team to the pleasure of Big Ben and the RBs.

2nd ROUND

33. Detroit Lions Andre Smith OT 6’4 ½” 330 Alabama

The fall stops here for the troubled Smith, and the Lions get great value here in a very good tackle prospect. Smith may not ever develop into a blind-side protecting LT, but could become an outstanding mauler-type RT or G to help instill some much-needed toughness along the Lions’ front wall.

34. New England Patriots Clint Sintim LB 6’3” 255 Virginia

Although not as physically gifted as Orakpo or Brown, Sintim has a very quick first step off the edge and can hold strong at the point of attack. These attributes combined with playing for a coach like Al Groh in an NFL-style 3-4 system is another intangible that gives Sintim a leg up upon entering the NFL.

35. St. Louis Rams Josh Freeman QB 6’5” 245 Kansas St.

The Rams are fortunate to land a franchise-type signal caller like Freeman here in the early 2nd. They also have the luxury of being able to groom Freeman for at least one year behind Bulger.

36. Cleveland Browns Hakeem Nicks WR 6’1” 210 N.Carolina

With or without Braylon on board in ’09, the Browns must bring in some quality WRs to assist a regressing offense.

37. Seattle Seahawks Donald Brown RB 5’10” 215 Connecticut

I originally had a WR tabbed here until the Housh signing, so now the ‘Hawks can address their thin backfield situation. Brown is a player on the rise who may not last this long

38. Cincinnati Bengals Jarron Gilbert DL 6’5” 290 San Jose St.

The Bengals address the trenches in the first two rounds on each side of the ball

39. Jacksonville Jaguars Alphonso Smith CB 5’9” 190 Wake Forest

Smith is an instinctive, technically sound CB with first round ability……lack of size is his only drawback but he should quickly find a prominent role in the Jags secondary. One of the most valued positions in the league (CB), you can never have too many and the Jags actually need one

40. Oakland Raiders Kenny Britt WR 6’4” 215 Rutgers

The underrated (and athletic) Britt could develop into a Colston type of WR at the NFL level.

41. Green Bay Packers Ron Brace NT 6’3” 325 Boston College

New system (3-4) requires players to fit the new system

42. Buffalo Bills Brandon Pettigrew TE 6’6” 265 Oklahoma St.

Pettigrew would be a big reach, IMO, in the Top 12 as many have him going. I believe the Bills could still land him here at #42…….Patience is the word of the (draft) day

43. San Francisco 49’ers D.J. Moore CB 5’10” 185 Vanderbilt

A guy from Vandy should have some smarts, and indeed Moore not only possesses the brains but also is blessed with the type of athleticism required to play the toughest position (outside of QB) on the field.

44. Miami Dolphins James Laurinaitis LB 6’3” 240 Ohio St.

A tough, instinctive, and athletic player, Laurinaitis could push his way into the starting lineup early on either inside or outside in the Dolphins 3-4 scheme.

45. New York Giants Max Unger C 6’5” 300 Oregon

Bye-bye Plaxico! I called the Plax release way back so now the G-Men are ready to move on and look to acquire a premier wideout via trade. In the meantime, a player like Unger adds depth and brings position versatility along the front line.

46. Houston Texans Pat White QB 6’0” 205 West Virginia

Hmmmmm…..Schaub will be a bit uneasy about this one, as White is a very intriguing player who could immediately be used in some special packages and may ultimately be the QB to take the Texans to the next level

47. New England Patriots Connor Barwin OLB/DE 6’4” 255 Cincinnati

Speed off the edge is a valuable commodity for 3-4 teams

48. Denver Broncos Duke Robinson OG 6’5” 330 Oklahoma

A mammoth of a young man, Robinson is an excellent guard prospect who may be versatile enough to play RT in a pinch. He must improve upon his conditioning and focus.

49. Chicago Bears Sen’Derrick Marks DT 6’2” 300 Auburn

With Harris getting nicked up almost every season, Marks provides much-needed depth to allow the Bears to cut down the number of snaps for each guy along the interior of the defense

50. Cleveland Browns Shawn Nelson TE 6’5” 245 Southern Miss

Nelson is a fantastic athlete who will stretch the deep seams and fit right in as the new regime’s roster overhaul continues

51. Dallas Cowboys Patrick Chung S 6’0” 210 Oregon

With the release of Roy Williams (the safety), the Cowboys reload with Chung

52. New York Jets Brian Robiskie WR 6’2” 190 Ohio St.

Exit Coles, enter Robiskie…. Robiskie is a solid, well prepared player who is the son of a former NFL player turned NFL coach….technically sound in the nuances of the game who compares favorably to his former college teammate - Anthony Gonzalez

53. Philadelphia Eagles Coye Francies CB 5’11” 195 San Jose St.

Andy Reid is a firm believer in deploying quality depth at the CB position. Francies steps in for the departed Sheppard and provides insurance if/when Brown or Samuel falls out of the picture

54. Minnesota Vikings Jamon Meredith OT 6’5” 315 S.Carolina

Time to look for McKinney’s (eventual) successor

55. Atlanta Falcons Jared Cook TE 6’4” 250 S.Carolina

After lighting up the combine, Cook is on the rise, big-time. An explosive player with athleticism to rival just about any other TE in the game, Cook would fit right in with the young core of offensive skill position players led by QB Ryan, RB Turner, and WR White.

56. Miami Dolphins Joaquin Iglesias WR 6’0” 195 Oklahoma

More (reliable) hands on deck needed in MIA

57. Baltimore Ravens Mike Mickens CB 5’11” 190 Cincinnati

….With McAllister gone and Rolle done (over the hill), the Ravens need reinforcements in the defensive backfield

58. New England Patriots Troy Kropog OT 6’6” 315 Tulane

Added protection for the Pats’ most prized entity (Brady)…. Kropog is an NFL starter caliber LT who could be really, really good in a short time

59. Carolina Panthers Fili Moala DT 6’5” 295 USC

The Panthers add another big, active body up front to put in the rotation

60. New York Giants Cornelius Ingram TE 6’3 ½” 245 Florida

Strictly a receiving TE, Ingram adds another target for Manning to utilize

61. Indianapolis Colts LeSean McCoy RB 5’11” 205 Pittsburgh

With J.Addai entering a contract year, the Colts tab his possible replacement……and at the very least they gain leverage in negotiations with another quality runner added to the stable. The rich get richer in offensive talent…..

62. Tennessee Titans Darry Beckwith LB 6’1” 235 LSU

In search of an upgrade at the “Mike” position, the Titans front seven still must replace “Baby Huey” Haynesworth at some point

63. Arizona Cardinals Louis Delmas S 5’11” 200 Western Michigan

The Cards could use an upgrade at FS to compliment Pro Bowl SS A.Wilson

64. Pittsburgh Steelers Phil Loadholt OT 6’4” 325 Oklahoma

Loadholt projects to RT, but can also kick inside to guard in a pinch and the Steelers need to add bodies up front to increase the competition for starting positions.

33. Detroit Lions Andre Smith OT 6’4 ½” 330 Alabama The fall stops here for the troubled Smith, and the Lions get great value here in a very good tackle prospect. Smith may not ever develop into a blind-side protecting LT, but could become an outstanding mauler-type RT or G to help instill some much-needed toughness along the Lions’ front wall.
I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that he goes in the top 10-15.

Last edited by a moderator:
:hifive: I don't see the Browns taking another TE at pick 50 with Chung available at 51.
If they can get Nelson at #50, they better board a leer jet to get to the podium pronto......Think Keller for NYJ last year, for whom they traded up for IIRC.....and where did Mangini last coach?

33. Detroit Lions Andre Smith OT 6’4 ½” 330 Alabama The fall stops here for the troubled Smith, and the Lions get great value here in a very good tackle prospect. Smith may not ever develop into a blind-side protecting LT, but could become an outstanding mauler-type RT or G to help instill some much-needed toughness along the Lions’ front wall.
I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that he goes in the top 10-15.
I'd probably take that bet.......if it wasn't a large sum of $$$$.... :hifive:

42. Buffalo Bills Brandon Pettigrew TE 6’6” 265 Oklahoma St.Pettigrew would be a big reach, IMO, in the Top 12 as many have him going. I believe the Bills could still land him here at #42…….Patience is the word of the (draft) day
No way does Pettigrew get past Baltimore. They love this guy, but don't think he'll drop to them.

42. Buffalo Bills Brandon Pettigrew TE 6’6” 265 Oklahoma St.Pettigrew would be a big reach, IMO, in the Top 12 as many have him going. I believe the Bills could still land him here at #42…….Patience is the word of the (draft) day
No way does Pettigrew get past Baltimore. They love this guy, but don't think he'll drop to them.
Maybe so....don't see why they'd take him though with Heap and L.J. Smith on the roster...it's not like Pettigrew is an elite talent, runs way too slow for my taste to get drafted in the 1st Rd as a TE.....He's no Tony G, Shockey, KW II, or Olsen, for that matter......2nd Rd gradeI'd take Nelson over him every day of the week

Users who are viewing this thread