What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dump Your Random Rant/Frustration Here Since You Can't Tell Anyone Else (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
So, my son works at HyVee grocery store, so he's been harping at us to join their Gas Rewards program. We shop there occasionally so we finally sign up a few months ago.

I've been going to the HyVee convenience store daily to grab my morning drink, so I've been accumulating credits on certain things I buy with the idea that I'm going on a long road trip tomorrow. So I've been looking forward to the gas reward to fill my truck. I drive the vehicle with the worse gas mileage, so I figure "it would be a good idea for me to use that reward since my vehicle uses more fuel and she works from home and barely drives."

Logical, right? WRONG. Wife goes to the gas station the other day and uses my beautiful .59 off each gallon of gas on her little car that only holds 13 gallons in the first place.

Me: :rant: :cry:

Can't say a word to her so here I am. Venting.

Enjoy your day, folks!

Took a trip with my wife this weekend. She politely offered for us to take her vehicle as there was a chance of rain in the afternoon and we didn't want our bags to get wet in the bed of my truck. I explained that I had just filled up my tank and asked if she had enough gas for us to get there and back. She confidently said "yes" of course. I get in the driver's seat, peek at the fuel gauge, and head directly to the gas station before getting on the Interstate. She didn't offer to pay.

Invariably, there are one of three things happening (or sometimes a combo) when I go to do a load of laundry, be it mine or my kids (wife and I split that task typically).

1. There are some clothes laying on the washer, either being soaked with Spray n' Wash or just air drying

2. There's about 1/4 - 1/3 of a load ready to be washed just sitting in the washer

3. There's clothes ready to be taken out of the dryer, which have obviously been there quite some time.

So, in order for me to start laundry I must:

1. Take clothes off washer and/or figure out if Spray n' Washed clothes are ready to be washed

2. Split my load of laundry (I almost always time my own laundry to be exactly one load) into two, since there's already clothes ready to be washed

3. Take the clothes out of the dryer and figure what goes where.

:help:

Invariably, there are one of three things happening (or sometimes a combo) when I go to do a load of laundry, be it mine or my kids (wife and I split that task typically).

1. There are some clothes laying on the washer, either being soaked with Spray n' Wash or just air drying

2. There's about 1/4 - 1/3 of a load ready to be washed just sitting in the washer

3. There's clothes ready to be taken out of the dryer, which have obviously been there quite some time.

So, in order for me to start laundry I must:

1. Take clothes off washer and/or figure out if Spray n' Washed clothes are ready to be washed

2. Split my load of laundry (I almost always time my own laundry to be exactly one load) into two, since there's already clothes ready to be washed

3. Take the clothes out of the dryer and figure what goes where.

:help:
This is why I find it best just to let the wife do all the laundry. Then she only has herself to blame if any of these things happen

So, my son works at HyVee grocery store, so he's been harping at us to join their Gas Rewards program. We shop there occasionally so we finally sign up a few months ago.

I've been going to the HyVee convenience store daily to grab my morning drink, so I've been accumulating credits on certain things I buy with the idea that I'm going on a long road trip tomorrow. So I've been looking forward to the gas reward to fill my truck. I drive the vehicle with the worse gas mileage, so I figure "it would be a good idea for me to use that reward since my vehicle uses more fuel and she works from home and barely drives."

Logical, right? WRONG. Wife goes to the gas station the other day and uses my beautiful .59 off each gallon of gas on her little car that only holds 13 gallons in the first place.

Enjoy your day, folks!
Please tell me she only added three gallons to top off. That would make it even better.........

(I assume that it's a one time only discount and now you have to build it all up again to get the discount back)

ETA: Next time make sur all your gas cans are empty and both cars and go all at once and fill em all up.

Took a trip with my wife this weekend. She politely offered for us to take her vehicle as there was a chance of rain in the afternoon and we didn't want our bags to get wet in the bed of my truck. I explained that I had just filled up my tank and asked if she had enough gas for us to get there and back. She confidently said "yes" of course. I get in the driver's seat, peek at the fuel gauge, and head directly to the gas station before getting on the Interstate. She didn't offer to pay.
Doesn't it all come out of the same place anyway?

Tampa area has been getting regular rain this summer. Seems like my one particular area always gets skipped and my lawn is suffering. What have I done to deserve this, Mother Nature?

Enjoy your day, folks!
Please tell me she only added three gallons to top off. That would make it even better.........

(I assume that it's a one time only discount and now you have to build it all up again to get the discount back)

ETA: Next time make sur all your gas cans are empty and both cars and go all at once and fill em all up.
Usually a 20 gallon limit.

Tired of not winning the lottery. How many more $2 Powerball tickets must I buy?

Last edited:
Doesn't it all come out of the same place anyway?
We keep separate accounts so as to not argue about what the other spends their disposable income on… :cautious:

We’re being asked to test for Coronavirus in advance of a BBQ next week. These are friends of my new bride (9 week anniversary tomorrow) and apparently the “annual summer soirée” was a staple pre-Covid. I’m not sure if I find the request off putting or if I’m still amazed the hosts personal email has a signature 10 lines long (signature in fancy script, every conceivable form of contact information, and of course an inspirational quotes.)

I had four tickets to a minor league baseball game on Taco ****ing Tuesday. Which we had to cancel & give away the tickets.

Check this out:

Woody and I are so looking forward to seeing everyone next Tuesday! We are, however, leaving on the following Sunday for a cruise with his parents and wanted to ask if everyone would be agreeable to testing for COVID before we meet? There is a particularly virulent strain going around that includes GI issues, we want to be sure to take all precautions possible to make sure we can go on this trip! (We actually just canceled going to a wedding this weekend, but thought we could still meet you all safely if we were all tested.) We purchased the trip last weekend and don’t want to jeopardize our chance to spend valuable time with family.

#throatpunch

Over at ex-wife's house to have dinner with the kids. Normal Friday night for me. Son is heading out to meet friends at a park in town for some street hockey/hanging out. Ex asks my son if he asked me about the park. Son asks simple question about parking situation around the area. I tell him that there is a small parking lot but plenty of street parking. Son says ok.
Ex....well let me look it up and see. Looks at Google maps and is like yea looks like a small parking lot and lots of streets around.

After son leaves and daughter heads back to her room and as I am leaving, I can't bite my tongue any longer even tho I know I should. I ask "why do you even ask my opinion when you are just going to look it up anyway"? She responds, "I just wanted to see and confirm."

She knows doing this irritates me like crazy and I am certain that is why she does it. Even after a nice sit down dinner that I brought over and cooked for everyone.

We’re being asked to test for Coronavirus in advance of a BBQ next week. These are friends of my new bride (9 week anniversary tomorrow) and apparently the “annual summer soirée” was a staple pre-Covid. I’m not sure if I find the request off putting or if I’m still amazed the hosts personal email has a signature 10 lines long (signature in fancy script, every conceivable form of contact information, and of course an inspirational quotes.)

I had four tickets to a minor league baseball game on Taco ****ing Tuesday. Which we had to cancel & give away the tickets.

Check this out:

Woody and I are so looking forward to seeing everyone next Tuesday! We are, however, leaving on the following Sunday for a cruise with his parents and wanted to ask if everyone would be agreeable to testing for COVID before we meet? There is a particularly virulent strain going around that includes GI issues, we want to be sure to take all precautions possible to make sure we can go on this trip! (We actually just canceled going to a wedding this weekend, but thought we could still meet you all safely if we were all tested.) We purchased the trip last weekend and don’t want to jeopardize our chance to spend valuable time with family.

#throatpunch

Epilogue

Wife says we have dozens of home tests leftover from hospice earlier this year, donated by a support group. We gave away a couple tonight to people going next week who were at my bday bbq party tonight

I respectfully withdraw my rant.

Getting woke up in middle of the night by my wife just making sure my phone is on. She works nights and her car wouldn't start at lunch. It started with a jump. I told her it had been a while since I had put a battery in it and would get her a new one in the morning.

Getting woke up in middle of the night by my wife just making sure my phone is on. She works nights and her car wouldn't start at lunch. It started with a jump. I told her it had been a while since I had put a battery in it and would get her a new one in the morning.

Did your wife hack your account and write all this jibberish? First line was to throw us off.

Finally cut the cable and home phone. Had a bundle through Spectrum. Decided to keep Spectrum internet. I hate Spectrum, but don't have much choice (plus I don't mind keeping my email address that I have had for years). I was able to get an upgrade to my internet service speed for the same cost as the slower service I had so I did it. Of course this required that I get a new modem. New modem arrives from Spectrum. Flyer in the box says to download the MySpectrum app for instructions to activate the new equipment. No problem, I already have that app. Open up the app and I can't find anything anywhere about activation. They had instructions to connect the coax cable and the ethernet to the router. They even had instructions to plug the damn thing in for power, but nothing about activation. I didn't need instructions for plugging sh!t in. I already had that done before opening the damn app. So now I need to call customer service. Ugh. 25 minutes on hold. I tell her the instructions said to use the app to activate but I see nothing. She says it should activate automatically when connected. So I ask why does it tell me to do it in the app. No response on that. She asks me to very all my info and the Mac address for the modem and she initiates the activation from her end. Few minutes later I am good to go and find myself ranting here.

I'll add that in order to get my service changed, I had to return the 3 cable boxes I had. I figured no problem. There is a Spectrum store by my mother's house. I'll just stop there on my way to visit. I get to the Spectrum store...
"Can I help you"
"Yes. I need to return this equipment and change my service"
"You can't do that here"
"This is the Spectrum store, correct?"
"Yes, but we can not take your equipment"
"Why not? I was told it needed to be returned"
"We are not set up to receive equipment. You need to take it to a UPS store"
"UPS? For my cable equipment? "
"They will record the serial numbers and ship the equipment for you"
"They ship them to Spectrum? But I can't just give them to you, Spectrum?"
"No. We can't take back equipment here."
"OK fine. Odd, but whatever. Can I change my service here?
"Yes, but not until the equipment is returned"
"Seriously?"
"You can change your service online. You do not need to do it here."
"OK, but I can't do that until Spectrum gets my equipment back? From UPS?"
"Correct"
"Why are you here? What is the point of the store?"
*Blank stare*

ETA: I forgot to mention, they are charging me $19.99 for the activation and now I need to take the old modem to the UPS store. I hate this company.

Check this out:

#throatpunch
Would have told them I tested positive and went to the game.

Over at ex-wife's house to have dinner with the kids. Normal Friday night for me. Son is heading out to meet friends at a park in town for some street hockey/hanging out. Ex asks my son if he asked me about the park. Son asks simple question about parking situation around the area. I tell him that there is a small parking lot but plenty of street parking. Son says ok.
Ex....well let me look it up and see. Looks at Google maps and is like yea looks like a small parking lot and lots of streets around.

After son leaves and daughter heads back to her room and as I am leaving, I can't bite my tongue any longer even tho I know I should. I ask "why do you even ask my opinion when you are just going to look it up anyway"? She responds, "I just wanted to see and confirm."

She knows doing this irritates me like crazy and I am certain that is why she does it. Even after a nice sit down dinner that I brought over and cooked for everyone.
Lots of trivial complaints here but your ex needs a good beating.

Did your wife hack your account and write all this jibberish? First line was to throw us off.
Put a new battery in her car this morning, it's starting fine now. Time for a nap.

I've got a minute splinter in my right thumb and I can't even find it to extricate it. I have no idea how it got there, I can’t get it out no matter what I try, it’s painful and it’s irritating.

It reminds me of that U2 album that got stuck in my iTunes.
were you rubbing wood with your right hand? That might be your answer
This is a family thread, guy.

What kills me about women are the ones that have one kid and act like they are flipping Jesus or something for the amount of sacrifice and pain they have gone thru. Get to at least three if you want the pregnant respect. Its been done like 10 billion times you will make it thru. Quite with the nonsense; your body was built for this, and you are in the era of modern medicine give me a break with the drama.

Vent is one thing. But save this kind of stuff for a forum that's not on this site.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread