What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Better Value (1 Viewer)

Which would you rather have?

• Terrell Owens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reggie Wayne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zowned

Footballguy
Both just signed new deals. TO may have his issues but he has a 3 year deal with Bill Parcells keeping an eye on him. Reggie Wayne has a top 3 quarterback throwing to him with a running game that may not be the same next year.

Considering a dynasty league with 1ppr, which of the two players would you rather have on your team?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both just signed new deals. TO may have his issues but he has a 5 year deal with Bill Parcells keeping an eye on him. Reggie Wayne has a top 3 quarterback throwing to him with a running game that may not be the same next year.

Considering a dynasty league with 1ppr, which of the two players would you rather have on your team?
TO's deal is only three years. I would be surprised if TO is outperforming Wayne in after three years (assuming TO is still playing at all).

Interesting that the poll thus far doesn't seem to mirror the board's collective dynasty rankings
They happened before Wayne re-signed. Many felt that Wayne could be Peerless Price II until the signing.The rankings were run by -OZ- and me - search for topics started by us to find them.

Found them...interesting that Owens was voted 7th while having his problems in Philly and without a home. And now with a home in Dallas the vote is still going towards Wayne. Though without a dominant back like James I don't know how well the passing game will be even with Manning at the helm.

I'll take Owens. Sure, Wayne is about 5 years younger, but Owens was averaging 22.57 points per game last year. Wayne had 14.13 per game.

It's close for me as I see the numbers closer this year, but I'll still take TO in this case.

Both just signed new deals.  TO may have his issues but he has a 3 year deal with Bill Parcells keeping an eye on him.  Reggie Wayne has a top 1 quarterback throwing to him with a running game that may not be the same next year.

fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take Owens. Sure, Wayne is about 5 years younger, but Owens was averaging 22.57 points per game last year. Wayne had 14.13 per game.

It's close for me as I see the numbers closer this year, but I'll still take TO in this case.
I voted Wayne..... using your numbers, and TO's ability to find his way stuck on the sideline for a fair part of the season for 1 reason or another....Wayne over 16 games = 226 pts

TO over his normal 9 games = 203 pts

I'd rather have a player I could rely on week in and week out. TO may be a great talent, but he lacks alot of the necessary attributes to be reliable (on and off the field).

I'll take Owens.  Sure, Wayne is about 5 years younger, but Owens was averaging 22.57 points per game last year.  Wayne had 14.13 per game.

I voted Wayne..... using your numbers, and TO's ability to find his way stuck on the sideline for a fair part of the season for 1 reason or another....Wayne over 16 games = 226 pts

I'd rather have a player I could rely on week in and week out. TO may be a great talent, but he lacks alot of the necessary attributes to be reliable (on and off the field).
If looking at it that way, you have to account for the replacement player when TO's out - you're going to be starting your WR4 while Owens is out, not leaving the lineup spot blank.I don't like Owens at all in dynasties because I don't think he'll play many more games.

I'll take Owens.  Sure, Wayne is about 5 years younger, but Owens was averaging 22.57 points per game last year.  Wayne had 14.13 per game.

If looking at it that way, you have to account for the replacement player when TO's out - you're going to be starting your WR4 while Owens is out, not leaving the lineup spot blank.I don't like Owens at all in dynasties because I don't think he'll play many more games.
While it may seem like an obvious answer, why do you think TO won't play many more games? He is not old by the standards out there and he was scoring at a higher level than ANY receiver in the games he played.

I do not understand all the love for Wayne over TO...

Over the last 3 years in Zealots leagues Wayne is averaging 9.66 points per week while TO is averaging 14.0 points per week...

While it is true that TO missed a lot of games last year due to his suspension that is the abberation not the norm...

Do you think he will miss 9 games every season from here on out...

Also Waynes weekly average was worse in 2005 than 2004 and about the same as in 2003. He was only the 24th scoring WR last year on a weekly average...

I want to win now, so I take TO.

This is kind of ironic though, as the Wayne owner asked about TO.

When I told him I'd want Wayne + just a little something, he got beligerant.

FWIW, the vote is closer now, but reversed.

Terrell Owens [ 25 ]

Reggie Wayne [ 17 ]

People are either fickle, thought TO was heading to a better situation, or we have new people voting.

Over the last 3 years in Zealots leagues Wayne is averaging 9.66 points per week while TO is averaging 14.0 points per week...

While it is true that TO missed a lot of games last year due to his suspension that is the abberation not the norm...

Also Waynes weekly average was worse in 2005 than 2004 and about the same as in 2003. He was only the 24th scoring WR last year on a weekly average...
How they did the previous 3 years isn't helpful in predicting the future. TO has a year, maybe two, left of being a top 10 WR while Wayne is just hitting his prime and has the most reliable QB in the league throwing to him. Just looking at this season I can understand taking TO, but if you look to 2007 and beyond then Wayne is the easy choice.

How they did the previous 3 years isn't helpful in predicting the future. TO has a year, maybe two, left of being a top 10 WR while Wayne is just hitting his prime and has the most reliable QB in the league throwing to him. Just looking at this season I can understand taking TO, but if you look to 2007 and beyond then Wayne is the easy choice.
3 years in FF, even a dynasty league is forever and I think TO will be a top 5 WR for the next 3 years at least...So I think you undervalue TO a lot...

One thing I have learned playing in the Zealtos leagues is that you play to win this year while trying to draft for the future...

I disagree that you cannot look back over recent history and not make a case for the next...

How is one to make projections if history is not taken into consideration...

The value difference between an old player and a young player in a dynasty league is based much in part by an owner's record, team's short term strength, the owner's short term needs, roster space, and the owner's long term needs. In other words the value of each hinges on the rest of the owner's roster. You cant call either player a better value without knowing the team of consideration.

While it may seem like an obvious answer, why do you think TO won't play many more games? He is not old by the standards out there and he was scoring at a higher level than ANY receiver in the games he played.
He gets hurt and suspended every season. He's running out of teams that will put up with him. I just think it's a very plausible scenario that he plays about 9 games this season, moves to another team next year, plays about 9 more games, then just gives it up.

FWIW, the vote is closer now, but reversed.

Terrell Owens [ 25 ]

Reggie Wayne [ 17 ]

People are either fickle, thought TO was heading to a better situation, or we have new people voting.
or we have Smarter people :P

3 years in FF, even a dynasty league is forever and I think TO will be a top 5 WR for the next 3 years at least...So I think you undervalue TO a lot...

One thing I have learned playing in the Zealtos leagues is that you play to win this year while trying to draft for the future...

I disagree that you cannot look back over recent history and not make a case for the next...

How is one to make projections if history is not taken into consideration...
Someone offered me TO for Wayne last year while TO was suspended...I had to turn it down. So I guess I value Wayne more than TO.

Pretty close vote going on. 52-50! I still say T.O! T.O has proven over and over hes the best when he's on the field. I have never seen that out of Wayne! Wayne has never even been a 1 receiver on his own team! I'll take T.O with the risk over an inconsistant 2 on his own team anyday.

TO for the next season or two, but Wayne will put up hall of fame numbers if he stays healthy during the next five to seven years. I would take Wayne.

VERY :goodposting:

The tie has been broken!

TO is a risk. He behaves this year, but I bet as soon as Bledsoe overthrows him for the 2nd time he'll go off.

Wayne is emerging and locked up with a great QB in a great system. Marvelous Marvin is rock solid, but Wayne could slowly eat into his numbers in the next 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread